Thread: Goodbye Shanghai

Goodbye Shanghai

I just wanted to say Goodbye to all my kung fu friends in Shanghai. Now that my 1 year contract is over in Shanghai, I will be returning to Canada. Though I never got a chance to train in the 7 star style for a long duration, I found their training inspiring. I want to thank all the guys at Chinwoomen.com for introducing me to my wing chun sifu in Shanghai and making me feel like part of their Kung fu family.
    A special thank you to Master Kai Uwe Pel, Shanghai Kid, and Wang Rui Xuan Because of your influence when I return to Vancouver I will restart my training in Hung Gar.

(Though I know this isn't a wing chun forum i do have to Thank my Wing Chun sifu - Sifu Wu)

It's nice to see that traditional kung fu is still alive and well in Shanghai.

Keep giving them $h!t guys, if nothing else it gets people talking and constructive debate can always be educational.

Peace Out!!

:)

That was sweet.

Originally posted by Shrikers1

"
    That was sweet."

I guess I should take that comment as sarcastic.

It's a shame that when someone says something nice about someone on this forum there are still the ignorant few out there that feel the need to comment in a negative manner.

There has been so much negative bull$h!t going on in these forums in the last few days that I felt the need to express my gratitude publicly. I hope that some of you get a chance to go to Shanghai and get to experience it personally. Leave the politics and the snide remarks at home and you might be able to learn something!!

If you want to look at it that way fine. Why is this post allowed to even be here? Should have pm'd the members involved, just like when I ask a member of this forum a personal question and it gets deleted because I should have pm'd them? So maybe you can listen and now you can learn something.

1 I can be a sarcastic ******* at times when brought out.

2 What's positive about telling someone to give someone else some shiat?

3 That's the point people are trying to make that that's not the way to make a positive impact on the community... Hence "oh that's sweet" did that make room for some constructive debates? No, first of all because the subject has nothing to do with mantis other than the fact that the gentleman from chin woo were mentioned. If that's the case then why not post this on their site instead of this forum?

elvis has left the building

First of all, Elvis is Dead!

Second of all I would assume that this post is allowed to stay because it informs all people in the Mantis Community that there is a very credible and traditional Mantis School in Shanghai and if anybody wants to go there and train they will find it very informative and friendly. And I posted on this site so that I can share my experience with many more people.

Thirdly, though giving people shiat is not productive, invoking conversation about ideology, history and training is. Not to mention pointing out the many Kung Fu frauds that exist in this world. It's one thing to say they are a fraud but it is another to point out many examples of it.

nuff said!!!

;)

first of all... who's the master? SHO NUFF

second of all my post had to do with the mantis community as a whole not just one school and it got deleted so my point still stands.

third of all enlighten me as to who these frauds are? I know you're not talking about steve cottrell. If so where is this evidence you speak of? Because the cyco bable that I read on the chin woo site is far from substantial evidence of fraud. How do we know that that organization isn't the fraud? We have nothing to gauge our decision on other than negative posts and slanderous stories on a message board left by one of their representitive leaders. What respect I did have for that organization has now left the building with elvis.

Which brings up my other point made earlier. Do something positive don't try to tear down a positive thing that others are trying to create for our community. Example the mantis quarterly and forum, mantis gathering, open training amongst families and schools across the country. One way for the chin woo to make a positive difference is to show everyone what you have to offer then let the people make up their own minds. How hard is that to do? Such a high level organization as the chin woo can't send reps to the mantis gathering in april? If asked I'm sure people would be willing to pull some strings to help out since we all want to see and witness the real deal for ourselves. This would be an opportunity for their voice to be heard and seen in person on a large scale. Or do they just expect the average joe to ship out to china to see what they have to offer on a small scale?

Seems that if the chin woo is so high to make a point that what is being taught in the states is watered down garbage and frauds are clouding the minds of american mantis practitioners. Then why not make a positive difference and find a way to show us "the real deal". I really hope that it is the real deal. I would love to see something that is a higher level than what we see here. If that's the case then great, it can only get better from that point on. But we'll never know unless we all get to experience it.

When I originally posted this message it had nothing to do with the Steve Cotrell article that everybody is talking about. I have heard of Mr. Cotrell but have not met him so I am not educated enough to make a judgement on him. I will add that I have heard he is a very nice guy and works hard at learning and sharing his theories with others.

When I said keep giving them Shiat I was refering to thier constructive critisizms of video and demos that we have all seen in the past.

In regards to your post that got deleted, I am sorry, but I did not read it so I cannot comment on it. But I am assuming it had nothing to do with this thread.

In regards to the Chin woo guys coming out to America, I can not speak for them but I know here in Shanghai, people don't do kung fu to make money (not that there is anything wrong with that business), but to fly a group of representatives to go America to demonstrate and try to prove something, would be a waste of time and money! For someone to come out to Shanghai and experience it first hand would be much more productive, not to mention more cost efficient.

I don't want to make this thread a continuation of the "INTERESTING PIECE" thread, but in regards to the cyco (which is spelled "pyscho" by the way) bable (sorry I don't know how to spell that one). I think that thier statement makes many good points and poses some interesting questions in regards to previous posts, but at the same time it would make me want to meet Mr. cotrell personally and make my own opinions.

What got me offended was that I simply stated a public Thank You to a school that helped me feel welcomed in Shanghai (which is a lot more than I can say for some of the money grubbing schools I have experienced in America), and you tried to ridicule it by making sarcastic comments. Would you have made the same comment if I had thanked you or your school on this forum?

And finally, leave poor Elvis out of this - didn't the guy go through enough when he was alive.

"keep searching for that glow"

I love elvis.

I get your point. I made mine.

I personally don't charge money to teach, and my teacher charges very little. So money isn't the issue when it comes to training.

And I spelled psycho "cyco" because a band called suicidal tendencies spells it that way. It has a meaning that we don't need to go into so I'm not as stupid as you think I am. If that was the case then I would have corrected it in spell check.

I enjoyed our little banter this morning. I needed that, thank you. Enjoy your trip back to canada, may the canajian kilted yaksman keep a watchful eye over you and your fellow citizens.

If elvis were alive he would have written a song about bruce leeroy.

K guys,

All points (I hope) have been made.

HFK, I'm glad that the trip inspired you to take your training up again in a new light.

Although this would have been handled better in a personal fashion, it will stay here as a tribute to the good spirit of learning MA's in a foreign land.

Best wishes to all,
    ~BTL

AKA, enough bickering over another thread (or personal feelings, thoughts, prejudices or biases) !
    Thanks again,....
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

hmmm.... uh..... www.dictionary.com... "psycho-babble"

psycho or psych:

1) Mind; mental: psychogenic.
    2) Mental activities or processes: psyc****tor.
    3) Psychology; psychological: psychohistory.

bab·bled, bab·bling, bab·bles

- To utter a meaningless confusion of words or sounds: Babies babble before they can talk.
    - To talk foolishly or idly; chatter: “In 1977 he was thought of as crazy because he was babbling about supply side” (Newt Gingrich).
    - To make a continuous low, murmuring sound, as flowing water.
    - To utter rapidly and indistinctly.
    - To blurt out impulsively; disclose without careful consideration.
    - Inarticulate or meaningless talk or sounds.
    - Idle or foolish talk; chatter.

'Babble' is great word. I like it.

Hey Elvis is not dead I just sparred with him.

Best regards,
    UM.

Yeah he's a tough one. Last time I sparred him I about broke my hand trying to throw a hook to his chops.... Like steel those side burns of his.

Arrested in shanghai

Chilling out..
    -----------------

They assumed I was guilty when I commited no crime
    They said confessions bring lenience
    So they put me on the line
    So I protest a massacre's at the Tineman Square
    My friend said yo stay away man you better not go f**kin back there oh
    They wouldnt let me write about my opinions about the state
    And the freedom of expression they would never tolerate
    And the military secrets that I never did steal
    I didn't start no violence no and there was nobody that I killed
    So I had a clear account of all the abuses of power
    And the memories of homeland now gone sour
    And I only got one weapon and it's so plain for me to see
    My only weapon I call poetry
    And I don't even know why
    The truth seems like lie
    In My cell there is no sky
    When I was arrested in shanghai

In the wealth and privledge huh I was not born
    But devotion and freedom and liberty I was sworn
    So every emotion is studied watched and controlled
    Who gets paid who gets disciplined and who gets rolled so
    Transmitter beams my coordinates anywhere on earth
    And as radio waves surviellence satalite burst
    Open up your skull and let some knowledge come in
    Yeah crack open the cranium and let awareness begin oh
    chorus...

rancid
    "顺其自然"

And on that note;....

..whatever it was,....

No mas.

Wolfen,..you gotta share some of whatever it is you're smoking! LOL!
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!