I was thinking about that marine that was suposed to have shot the unarmed Iraqi a week ago. It's a funny thing war and a funny thng that there are rules. There's something sick in the idea that one minute you could be trying to kill each other and the next you have to honor the codes of war.
Do I blame him? I don't know, I don't think so. I'd have sent him on his way, his gun is probably needed anyway, in a battle like fallujah.
I remember rolling through the streets of Moghadishu and even being shot at. Random sniper fire mostly, never took any casualties, one wounded. I never hated the people I ran into daily out there. Of course I didn't have to sweep the city and clear it of 3000 screaming muslims trying to kill me.
I see beheadings, rpg's and car bombs killing children and Iraqi families just trying to survive. Are we really the invaders and are we really doing most of the damage?
What would happen if I got shot in the face, or my buddies were dying in the streets, killd by faceless assassins who refused to show themselves, and used the brutal and public killing of civilians as a tactic to try to turn me away.
One of my old Instructors was killed 3 days after the war was supposed to be officially over. I keep seeing his face...would I see the face of the iraqis laying on thta floor or would I still hear the bullets and the moans?

I don't know. I hate them. The insurgents that is. Do I have the right? I don't know. I know they don't look at me like I look at other people. I can't imagine what an Iraqi civilian sees when they see american soldiers, but I like to believe any level of education that was free of extremist or oppressive propoganda would understand that the world is what it is, and once america is free and clear of Iraq, the people of that country will have a chance to make it something for them, and not about a few of the rich and powerful.