Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buy marijuana at Target

I'm glad to see that opinions on this forum have changed since the last time I hung out here. I got trashed a LOT for saying I smoked cannabis.

I smoke a LOT of cannabis. 5-6 times a day, ideally. I have for about 5 years now, and it has done nothing but make my life better.

I should specify here that I'm not saying that it's for everyone, but it has made an immeasurable increase in the quality of my life.

I first started smoking regularly at the age of 23. Prior to that I had problems with insomnia, anger, and stress. My focus was poor and I had little motivation. After I started smoking regularly, I had my first REAL night of sleep ever. It was incredible. I felt so awake... so alive. My motivation increased. My focus became much better. I went back to college and got a diploma and a much better career. I began my martial arts training and have excelled at it and have great motivation in my training.

Again... this is not a typical "giggly idiot" reaction, I know, and I'm certainly not suggesting that other people will get this same sort of reaction... but if even a few people get this from a relatively harmless substance (both socially and physically), I cannot see why it should be illegal

Here in Canada, they've been tossing "decriminalization" around for a bit. Decriminalization is a ridiculous idea. The idea here is to reduce penalties for minor possession to a fine akin to a speeding ticket while increasing (doubling) the penalties for people growing/selling.

There are MANY reasons that this is just as bad as the current illegal status. #1 is that it keeps all of the proceeds in the hands of the "black market" and it generates no tax revenue. Doubling the penalties for traffickers pushes cannabis further into the realm of "hard drugs" and exposes people who would generally only have an interest in cannabis to those who are pushing coke/crack/heroin, etc.

Also, keeping cannabis illegal makes it EASIER for kids to get. When I was in highschool it was much more difficult (but obviously not impossible) for me to get alcohol, as I had to find someone to bootleg it for me. With pot, I could have purchased it from any of the 20 people I knew who sold it right at the school.

I live in a fairly large Canadian city, and one block from my apartment 16 year old kids thinking they are Tony Soprano are selling dime bags on a corner. I don't see any kids selling bottles of vodka on street corners.

I agree with what the others have said about making criminals of people who have never broken the law, other than their own substance use. It makes no sense
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

Originally posted by Hau Tien
    I smoke a LOT of cannabis. 5-6 times a day, ideally. I have for about 5 years now, and it has done nothing but make my life better.
    Dayum. You smoke like Xebs punches the clown.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I was in the same boat, HT. Same amounts, same positive reaction. For a long time I did heavy physical labour while stoned, and had no motivation or focus problems. A lot of people didn't do so well in the same circumstances though. OTOH I used to spend up to 6mths overseas each year and smoke nothing while away.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Greetings..

Cannibis used as a frequent recreational toy will eventually alter your perspectives and reduce motivation.. on the other hand, if it is treated like a sacrement, respected for its ability to enhance creativity, to reduce stress, to enhance intuitiveness and to soften hard or edgy attitudes, it has a useful purpose is the grand scheme of life-experiences.. In my 20s ('70s) no 4 hour period went by without a buzz enhancement, i lived in a constant fog of giggles and amusing situations but accomplished no great deeds.. now, i pick the times and places with care and intent, and respect the potentials available from a quality experience..

My recent purchase of a very nice Shakuhachi Flute (much different from my Native American Flutes) has posed a real challenge to my breath control and focus.. the Herb has kept me from turning this wonderful instrument into just another Escrima stick.. the sound it makes (rarely for me) is a uniquely spiritual vibration.. ( if you are interested go to www.shakuhachi.com).. but, the frustration of trying to make it sound like it's supposed to is humbling and annoying, but.. after sampling the local harvest, it seems to to be less annoying and more of a contest between me and the bamboo ( i WILL subdue this beast)..

Continual use of cannibis becomes mundane, selective use keeps the relationship between normal and paranormal experiences in perspective.. infrequent and selective use enhances the desired effect and preserves your lungs better.. i do not advocate the use of cannibis, that is an individual's choice that should not be influenced by my input.. but, for those adults that have made an informed decision to indulge without abuse, i say it's your right and no one should push their archaic opinions and special interests into your personal "pursuit of happiness"..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

potheads
    Kung Fu is good for you.