Thread: Nausea, headaches and dizziness

Nausea, headaches and dizziness

Last week after BJJ class (first lesson back after 2 months) I had to sit in the carpark for 30 mins recovering from nausea and dizziness. I thought it was due to a drop in fitness cos I was away for a while. I did not feel the class was particularly taxing. During those 2 months I was still active in kungfu, badminton, hiking. I never get like that in those activites unless I go really hard.

Tonight, I made special emphasis before class to be well hydrated , stretched , warmed up and didn't go as hard as last week. I barely broke a sweat. During class I could feel the onset of the dizziness but was fine. However, when I got into the car I got a moderate headache for 15 mins. Heart rate not unusually fast or out of breath.

This is worrying me as it is affecting my training. I am sure fitness has a lot to do with it, but I think it is more than that. I can go very intense with other activities and not feel llike this.

I am suspecting a blood pressure problem so I will bring a monitor next week.

What do you guys think?
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

could it be the lack of oxygen?

If the place is not well ventilated, that could be it.
    http://individual.utoronto.ca/gfx/logo1.jpg

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    - Voltaire (1694-1778)