Thread: Wheatgrass update

Wheatgrass update

So far I've gone through two trays and they've regrown and I'm 1/6 through the regrowth. I read somewhere that after they regrow they're weaker because they've used up the nutrients from the soil. I also read that once that happens the grass will turn yellow. Mine hasn't gone yellow so I'll keep using it.

Taste? I actually kind of like it. It's surprisingly sweet and nothing unpleasant about it.

Effects? Dunno. My diet was already not so bad, so I dunno what good stuff it's done for me. I'll keep doing it though since it's easy and I've now got 10kg (22lb) of seed to go through.

Growing? Piece of ****. At first I thought I'd done it wrong. I let the seeds soak overnight and then went to sprinkle them over the soil. I'd soaked too many, but I couldn't do anything else with them so I "planted" them all. Some sites said to cover them with soil but I just left them sitting on top. Not many seemed to be sprouting and I thought it would be really sparse, but once it got going it was thick and full, like the hair I used to have. We've had pretty good growing weather, and it went crazy. Took a week from pre-soak to first harvest, and after that I almost struggled to keep up with the growth. At the moment (after 15 days) I have probably too much on the second growth and I'll have to cut a whole bunch at once, or just drink a cupful of it.

The one thing that sucks is that the grass gets infested with little flies. Not regular flies, but the same type that bred to 10,000,000,000 inside my halloween pumpkin after I left it outside. Little tiny fruit-fly type things. I haven't been washing my grass, so I guess I get an added protein boost from the juice too . Eventually I'll make a big vertical rack to put the trays on and put mesh sides on it or something.

Other juice? I slowed down a bit because I didn't go shopping. But I've made some killer juices too. Last week I made the best one ever, but I forgot what I put in it now . It was truly awesome - one of the best juices I've ever had. On the weekend I made a simple one - orange, carrot, ginger and strawberry. Mmmm, pretty good too. I've also taken to putting it in a jug and blending it with ice with a Bamix ala Ka's advice. That probably makes it even better - thins it out a touch and makes more juice. I've been making about 1.5L at a time, including one icetray's worth of blocks.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Hippy.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Lol! You beat Iron! You can still say it but, Iron.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Originally posted by Serpent
    Hippy.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.