Thread: Magnetic Qi Gong

Magnetic Qi Gong

I'm wondering if anyone has tried Peter Ragner's Magnetic Qi Gong. There was an article in a recent Inside Kung Fu Magazine about him and the benefits of doing Qi Gong while standing on powerful magnets. Does anyone have any input on this?
    Last edited by Siu Lum Fighter; 11-30-2004 at 12:46 PM.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Some pro athletes use magnets to increase blood circulation to stimulate healing in target areas. Bill Romanowski even sleeps on a magnetic mattress. He swears by it.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I definitely felt some wierd 'chi' related effects when I had an MRI which is a big magnet.

I would think though that if the point of chi kung is to strengthen the natural flow of the meridians then a magnet would alter that natural flow.

I posted a question about MRI and it's effect over on the internal forum but everyone must have thought I was nutz.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I've heard it said that chi flows in kind of a funnel like vortex pattern. Peter Ragner says that that is exactly what happens when one stands on high powered magnets. A funnel like effect is created from the ground up that "super charges" all of the stem cells in your bones. Allowing for more production of red and white blood cells in the body. I've actually ordered some of his magnets and I'm still waiting for them in the mail.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Disclaimer: I'm not really an internal guy

ok, having said that:

[tooma]

there's two basic ways to look at chi flow

A- a large circuit that runs around the perimeter of your body. starting with the head it would run outside the left arm, up the inside and down the outside of the body and left leg...and so on.

B - the meridians themselves each have a specific direction and flow.

so, given my understanding of it, I would think that any large spiraling force that could affect chi flow would do so in an unnatural manner. maybe this is good for a short time, i dunno.

maybe chi flow does happen in a spiral, but not, i think, in a manner that looks like a big tornado centered on your feet which is the picture I get from standing on a magnet.

[/tooma]
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Then again, why wouldn't a "tornadoe like" affect be useful in generating chi throughout the body? The chi could still travel in a spiral like pattern. If there is an abundant amount of electro-magnetic energy present for the body I was thinking it could be likened to an energy source like the sun (which is abundant and washes over all life on the planet).

Or maybe your right, perhaps the flow of energy would be a little too forced, I don't know. For me, this is all purely speculation. I'm definitely not a chi agnostic, but I do try to be a little skeptical about things that I don't have a direct experience of.

I thought qi ran, from the dan tien, down the somach, across the pelvis, up the spine, over the head, and back down to the dan tien.

There's that one guy who sells those rings you put on while sleeping that are supposed to make you live forever. I think his name is Alex Chiu or something like that. Google variations of that name and "magnetic rings" or something and you might should find it.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Re: Magnetic Qi Gong

Siu Lum Fighter:

I have tried Peter Ragner's Magnetic Qi Gong and I also have the magnetic wrist and headband as well. I have been doing this program since JUly 2004 with much good success. I do it the morning and the evening. Here is what I have gained and experienced:

1. Deeper Breathing

2. Increase Energy

3. Mental Concentration

4. Better Immune System

5. Quicker recovery from Hardwork.

6. Mental and Physical Relaxation

7. Pain Reduction in my joints and joint stability

8. Increase belief in manifesting my will into Reality.

9. Awareness of my internal system

10. Better Performance in my discipline and in the bedroom!!!

I would recommend this prrogram to anyone interested in an easy and user friendly chi kung program but there are some recommendations that I would suggest before getting it.

1. The main problem of doing any exercise program is self discipline and creating time and space for this program. You will need to do this type of program everyday (twice a day) for 100 days in order to see a "dramatic difference" in your performance and health. Before buying this program, I would recommend first trying to meditate for 10 mins twice a day, everyday, for a month. If you can't do this, then you dont have the discipline or time for this program.

2. You will need to have a better understanding of Chi then what inside Ragner's Chi Kung program. To go deeper and get better it is important to have a clear idea and performance goal of chi gung practice. For those who didnt grow up in this Chi-based
    tradition like most Chinese Americans who didnt turn into WASPS, then it is up to you to search for proper instruction or knowledge. For Chi is a matter of personal faith and well some things can be explain through the language of science. However there are things which can not communicated through its tongue yet?Therefore if we increase our understanding through its traditional knowledge, then it will help us to improve our practice and personal faith.

Well best of luck with your training and please tell me your experience. If you have questions, just hollar back.

PS: I almost forgot. I like to burn Frankincense Incence to create a positive environment for my chi gung practice. The Anicents believe that Frankincense increase positive energy among other things. Peter Ragner's incence too expensive and a rip off in my opinion. A dollar a stick is crazy! There are plenty of high quality incence that doesnt cost as much as RoaringLion's. Check out www.fredsoll.com I love "Sweet Frankincense". It burns very slow (1 hour and 45 mins), made from pure ingredients, it is a "resin" on a stick and not powder-based incense, and the scent is not overpowering like cheaper incense. This is product may look too expensive to a novice but trust me the price is worth the value for FredSoll's incense sticks. I have not seen anything like his product on the market.
    Last edited by FooFighter; 12-02-2004 at 09:32 AM.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

good stuff man

"...To go deeper and get better it is important to have a clear idea and performance goal of chi gung practice. For those who didnt grow up in this Chi-based
    tradition like most Chinese Americans who didnt turn into WASPS, then it is up to you to search for proper instruction or knowledge. For Chi is a matter of personal faith and well some things can be explain through the language of science. However there are things which can not communicated through its tongue yet?Therefore if we increase our understanding through its traditional knowledge, then it will help us to improve our practice and personal faith. "

the reasons i never got into practicing chi kung, the goal & my limited understanding & my limited time to do so......

at least i understood why i SHOULDN'T do it for the time being
    In mildness is the strength of steel

SLF, could be. I don't know. Just kinda speculating myself. Interesting stuff to talk about at any rate.

Abstract:

I hear ya. I know it is difficult creating space and time to do something in these times.

Much strength to You,
    Bao
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Hey, whats the site for these magnetic rings??
    Be water my friend.

Isn't using magnets to help with qigong cheating?

Kind of like using roids for weight lifting?

The ring site is here. This guys site is hilarious. His links are hilarious. His "customer testimonials" are written in the same poor English as the rest of his site which pretty much kills his legitimacy. I was going to make a post about this in the main forum, and I think I will do that, too.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Yeah, the guy's site is pretty funny. If he wants to be taken seriously he should think about reworking it so it's a bit less National Enquirer.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo