Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dec/Jan Issue

Flags and university poster sales also work well.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

holes..

...so does not knocking holes in the walls in the first place. But back OT, I'm a big supported of the concept of kung fu pin ups, as long as they're done respectfully. Didn't IKF just do a profiles calendar? What did y'all think of that? Respectful?

Gotta send respect out to the ladies in the martial arts.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Pin Ups and Proposal.

Well, back in the day you guys seemed to be playing with that idea too. but it didn't go very far.
    I think there was a michelle Kwan, and a few others.
    My feeling on the matter is that maybe it wasn't risque enough. but that might pose a serious problem if the people in charge want the magazine to be taken seriously.
    How about an offshoot magazine , that appeals to the younger kung fu practioners and aspirants. And not such a refined mature audience. I don't know how viable such an idea might be,
    But i'm feeling maybe a more popular approach to the mag.

Pop Culture as it relates to martial arts.

Movie reviews
    Star interviews
    product marketing geared towards teens
    Pin up girls (tastefully risque)
    more focus on a very Active wushu scene.
    In that regard the spotlight can be on up and coming stars , who probably would love the exposure and the chance to be recognized on a broader scale.

There's barely enough market for what we have...

...back in the day nothing. We're still playing with the idea. Like I said, I support kung fu pin ups. In fact, if you check out our upcoming issue, Mar Apr 2005, in the beginning of Feb, you'll see the great lengths that I personally go to, just to keep some pretty women in our magazine. You'll like it, Starchaser107, it features your girl Lianne.

I'm really tempted to say that if we did a magazine like you describe, we'd be IKF, but I'm not going to do so. That would be unprofessional.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

lol,
    k.

I almost bought IKF yesterday. I made it as far as the cover and then realized that more articles appeared to be about hollywood actors than about Kung Fu. As this was the second time I had seen this happen this year (unless Halle Berry became a martial artist sometime and I didn't know ) I think I may just give up on it. When I buy Kung Fu magazines, I want them to be abou Kung Fu; that is why I so constantly praise the quality of your magazine Gene.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Re: Pin Ups and Proposal.

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    Well, back in the day you guys seemed to be playing with that idea too. but it didn't go very far.
    I think there was a michelle Kwan, and a few others.
    My feeling on the matter is that maybe it wasn't risque enough. but that might pose a serious problem if the people in charge want the magazine to be taken seriously.
    How about an offshoot magazine , that appeals to the younger kung fu practioners and aspirants. And not such a refined mature audience. I don't know how viable such an idea might be,
    But i'm feeling maybe a more popular approach to the mag.

Pop Culture as it relates to martial arts.

Movie reviews
    Star interviews
    product marketing geared towards teens
    Pin up girls (tastefully risque)
    more focus on a very Active wushu scene.
    In that regard the spotlight can be on up and coming stars , who probably would love the exposure and the chance to be recognized on a broader scale.
    Maxim, FHM, etc. meets kung fu.. too bad it wouldn't sell.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

KF vs. FHM

If you have models like FHM, you don't need anything more. The Kung Fu would be superfluous.

Thanks for your kind words SimonM - we've intentionally moved most all of our film coverage to our e-zine Given that our magazine is bimonthly, it's hard to time out a cover to hit the newsstands right when a movie hits. Both BB and IKF are based in southern CA, closer to Hollywood, so they have greater access. Don't get me wrong - I think that covering what's happening in popular media is extremely important for CMA. Movies, comics, plays, music, any overlap is exciting. But it wasn't fitting our magazine as well as it was fitting our e-zine. We've been getting our movie reviews up just before the US premiere quite regularly - and it's free access, so please forward the reviews to your friends. It helps us increase our traffic, and that's always good because it allows us to do more things.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

9. oh boy...

i can't wait until the new issue comes out!!!

anxiously waiting!
    Lianne Lin

http://www.liannelin.com

If you're this excited.. I guess we should all be excited.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

this is all so very exciting

Exciting Lianne

Not to be too much of a tease, but you'll get to see Lianne kick the ass of one of our crew. In fact, it will be either me or Design Sifu. You can guess who got the priviledge, or just subscribe now and know in a few weeks...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: Exciting Lianne

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Not to be too much of a tease, but you'll get to see Lianne kick the ass of one of our crew. In fact, it will be either me or Design Sifu. You can guess who got the priviledge, or just subscribe now and know in a few weeks...
    I subscribed cant wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Thanks Shaolinlueb!

We're expecting our shipment for the next issue any day now. Subscriptions will be shipped as soon as it arrives.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: Thanks Shaolinlueb!

Originally posted by GeneChing
    We're expecting our shipment for the next issue any day now. Subscriptions will be shipped as soon as it arrives.
    wait, why should we be excited? othern then its the new issue?

wait. are there more pictures of me in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.