Thread: 7 Star dates ?

7 Star dates ?

Having just checked out the Mantis Cave Site which has just been updated it now states that Fan Xu Dong was born in 1830 and died in 1926 .
    It also states that his shifu Wang Rong sheng was born in 1854 and died in 1925 .
    Can we now take it that it is official that Fan Xu Dong was nearly a generation older than his Shifu Wang Rong Sheng ?
    If WRS learnt the style when he was in his mid twenties then Fan Xu Dong would have been approx late 40's ?
    Did WRS not teach for long ? How long did Fan Xu Dong teach for ?
    Again an old question when did he go to Siberia for the tournament ? and did he use Mantis Boxing to win it ?

When I saw the title I thought it was a Mantis Dating Service.

Cant help you with your question, but........

I'm 5"10, brown hair, blue eyes and enjoy long walks in the park, the smell of Jow, and catching cicada's.....

Mike
    Real Masters dont post on Forums.

Greetings, FEELERSTRIKE:

According to the results of my research and the interpretation of the data provided, Fan Xu Dong was born in"the 21st year of the Daoguang reign(1820-1850), or 1841 and died "in the 24th year of the Republic)or 1936.....1841-1936.
    "The truth is outside of all fixed patterns"

Hello drunkenmantis ,
    Good to hear from you . It would seem that depending on which lineage you are depends on the dates people use . CCM and WHF use the 1841 to 1936 dates . From my own findings ( with lots of help from others ! ) It would seem that he did die in 1926 . He was 95 when he died so that would give us an approx birth date year of circa 1831 . Even the mantis cave site has now added in dates so they must be in the correct area .
    This again brings up the issue of his master and the published dates for him of 1854 to 1926 from memory . From what I have gathered this date comes from a sort of whos who in the martial arts world only . So is it correct ? After reading the historys of each lineage I would have to say no .
    more sweat in training , less blood in combat