Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jackie Chan's NEW POLICE STORY

http://www.jackiechan.com/films

a good link for Jackie Chan upcoming movies.

I totally agree with you SPJ. I think people are expecting Jackie to be in a movie where he runs a guy over with a hovercraft or tries to kill himself doing a stunt where he falls from a clocktower, twice.

I thought the movie Georgous was great until it turned totally retarded in the final fight. New Police Story was just the right amount dosage of everything for me.
    Last edited by jethro; 11-10-2006 at 03:05 PM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    I totally agree with you SPJ. I think people are expecting Jackie to be in a movie where he runs a guy over with a hovercraft or tries to kill himself doing a stunt where he falls from a clocktower, twice.

I thought the movie Georgous was great until it turned totally retarded in the final fight. New Police Story was just the right amount dosage of everything for me.
    No, I didn't expect that stuff from this movie.

I did expect, a solid story line, decent character development, a good pace and a balance of action and drama.

Actually, I'd expect those same things from any action/drama.

I feel that this movie fell short in those areas. It could have been a great movie but it seems that with out all the crazy stunts, Jackie doesn't know what to do.

If he's going to play dramatic roles then I think he needs to give up some of his control of films. Let seasoned screen writers and directors do what they do best and let Jackie do what he does best. I'd think that we'd find that Jackie is a pretty good actor if he did this.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

We will have to agree to disagree. It did have a couple of slow parts, but not enough to detract from watching the movie. I thought the directing job was good and I liked how stylish the movie was overall.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by us0kch View Post
    storyline for this movie has come a long way since his 80's and 90's movies. I would still take this movie over his hollywood failures like tuxedo, the medallion, around the world in 80 days, (or whatever it was) shanghai noon/knights, and even rush hour.
    say what u will about all his other movies
    but leave rush hour out of it
    the rush hour (soon to be trilogy) was awesome
    all his other hollywood stuff was crap

rush hour is just the best end of story

i havnt seen new police story yet tho
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I kind of like these holly movies, too.

There is a talk about "Shanghai morning" movie.

I dun like tuxedo. Because whoever wears the tux gets the fighting power. No practice necessary. ain't that convenient and you may take it off anytime--

medallion is like mystical fun. you have to die and then rise to eternal "life" like the pheonix etc.

Shanghai noon is just fun and fun or western fun with an indian twist, smoke too much you woke up with a wife! I like the horse/paint. Zhu Zhu and Da Da and sit--

Shanghai nite, there is a "serious" fight with Donnie Yan with the tiger claws--

80 days, fun fights on the market. test piloting the rocketing steam motor/engine flying craft---

--

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    say what u will about all his other movies
    but leave rush hour out of it
    the rush hour (soon to be trilogy) was awesome
    all his other hollywood stuff was crap

rush hour is just the best end of story

i havnt seen new police story yet tho

I don't see Rush Hour as one of Jackie's "best." From a fight scene perspective, jackie's 80's and 90's hong kong movies blow rush hour's fight scenes away. Jackie didn't seem to have the full creative power to do the fight scenes in the rush hour movies because hollywood seems to go on a fritz whenever he does a simple stunt they deem "dangerous."

The one thing I will say is the comedic chemistry Rush Hour has over his other films; him and Chris Tucker are hysterical!

I finally saw it and did not like it at all. For me, it was boring to see him overacting in the crying/drunken jags that went on for waaaay too long. But probably what I really didn't like was that, unlike his older movies that had the old, familiar crew(s) that assisted him in his stunts (often stuntmen/martial artists with considerable experience in other action/MA films), it felt like it was up to Chan to carry the entire action. Although I will say the basic concept of the story was unique concerning the villains, IMO it wasn't pulled off very well.