Can your mom hypnotize me over AIM?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

. . .
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

December Goals

1 - Keep doing Workout #1 at least twice a week.
    1a - attempt to do it thrice a week as often as possible.
    2 - get back to doing cardio twice a week.
    3 - drop another notch on the belt. I'm staying off the scale till the first of the year and just looking for improvements by way of how my clothes fit.

4 - save money to go to Costa Rica for two weeks in late March.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Originally posted by IronFist
    Is it true you can't make someone who is hypnotized do something they wouldn't normally do?
    I think you've gotta want to do it. My sister-in-law tried it for smoking and it worked for a short time but not long. She didn't _really_ want to give up though. Another example - it couldn't make you do cardio exercises .

Rubby, what about HIIT 4-5 times a week? If I really had to cut, that's what I'd do. As long as I didn't care so much about LBM, that is (or puking 4-5 times a week ).
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

tobers -- i mix up the cardio. more runnies, more kb swings, plenty of tabata funness (usually done with wt in mind), etc. what's lbm?
    loose bowel movements?
    long-bearded munchkins?
    late-blooming meningitis?
    lusty bladder monkeys?
    locally boobed mitochondria?

come on, explain what lbm means and how it applies to HIIT.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

While I prefer your explanations, lbm == lean body mass (aka lean muscle mass). IIRC Taku's intervals posted on Scrapper's site advise against more than 2-3 times HIIT a week or you'll lose LBM, whereas you have a greater chance of maintaining LBM if it's 2 or less (so Iron should be alright ).
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

gotcha. i don't really wanna lose any large-balled manicotti. i know that doing what i mentioned will make the difference i want. i do so little true, consistent cardio right now (i don't consider walking, even long distances, to be cardio) that any significant addition will bring about significant change in just how that leafy brown mullet appears.

however, do mention what kinda hiit workouts you pick. i don't wanna get settled in any one routine for cardio -- i'd rather hate something new than hate the same old thing.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Well, you know I row. But I struggle to get my HR to hit 170 these days. In fact, I'll usually only hit mid 160s. Lazy old *******, my heart. Is that from complacency? Don't think so, 'cause I still hit the verge of puking every time. OTOH, I found sprinting to be harder on me despite not using the upper body nearly as much. I used to get a higher HR running. Not that I'm gunna take it up again, but that'd be my pick for hardest. Then again, maybe my HR is just lower in general now and if I went back to running I'd hit the same limit. I used to be able to get in the 180s sprinting, which is significantly more than now. You already run anyway, don't you?

You already run anyway, don't you?
    only slightly more frequently than ironfist.

i went for my first proper run last thursday since i moved to houston, and it got me in a rnc at 5:14 in the first round. i ran as much as i could, then came home and did mountain climbers in something resembling tabata until i was interrupted. that was after squats and deads, so i was pretty much worthless the rest of the evening.

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    that was after squats and deads, so i was pretty much worthless the rest of the evening.
    Heheh, don't you just LOVE that feeling? My wife hates it when I get to that point...

1. Get down below 180 in the winter

2. Get 20 lbs more on the bar for squats and benches

3. Get 2 full ROM pullups (which I should be able to do if I can get #1).

4. Do some more cardio so I can come closer to keeping up with StarChaser when he comes up here in January.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Only real main goal for me this month is to work on the cardio so I can last more than 2min of full contact in the muay thai class w/o looking soooo winded.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    3. Get 2 full ROM pullups (which I should be able to do if I can get #1).
    DITTO
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

My December goal is to just be steady with my workouts. I've been so spiratic the past 8 weeks because of a shoulder injury. My shoulder is starting come around so here's what I plan to do.

Monday:
    Swim at lunch (500 to 1000 yards)
    Parallette training at night (static holds and pushups)
    30 minutes wooden dummy training.

Tuesday:
    Run 4 miles at lunch
    Kung Fu Class at night.

Wednesday:
    Forms practice and Full body workout at lunch.
    Parallette training at night.

Thursday:
    Run 4 miles at lunch
    Kung Fu class at night.

Friday:
    Forms practice and Full body workout at lunch.
    Parallette training at night
    30 minutes wooden dummy training.

Saturday:
    Tai Chi
    Kung Fu Class

Sunday:
    Long run in am (6 to 8 miles)
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Originally posted by Toby
    whereas you have a greater chance of maintaining LBM if it's 2 or less (so Iron should be alright ).
    What if it's 1 per year, and that's only cuz I need to get to the fridge and back before the commercial ends.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.