Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: the december challenge

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    rub, that sucks bro. real high or just kinda high?

i'm more than a candidate for that myself and recently adopted a **** it attitude at work regarding the admininstration's policies that prevent me from doing the job I know I need to do. I used to get worked up about things and would lay awake at night stressing over them. not any more.

you just moved too, that's a big stresser and trying to find a job to boot...pick your favorite thing in the world and indulge in it for a short while no matter what the supposed bad effects of it are.

I'm kinda like the stereotypical woman: I like to shop and spend money when I'm down.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

my -- some qigong, but it's been sporadic. this'll get me doing it daily now.

oso -- 145/100 or so. and you're right about the move. going from beautiful, healthy bellingham (65,000) to dirty, nasty houston hasn't been my most favorite move. think about going from a town like beaufort (nc, not sc) on the coast to raleigh/durham.

fsy -- i sleep enough, i drink 64-128 ounces of water each day (2-4 litres for you metric hosers), and i eat plenty. that day was the exception to the first and last of these three. trust me -- with all the water i drank and no fuddha in the buddha, i was peeing every hour.

the good news is thati i'm giving up mountain dew. i simply love the stuff, but i drink it for/with breakfast most days, then one later in the day. i'll still have one on the weekends for the goodness of it, but it's back to tea for me for the rest of the week. i did the math, and cutting dew out will yield about a 2500-3000 caloric loss each week, furthering my original goal stated in this thread.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    fsy -- i sleep enough, i drink 64-128 ounces of water each day (2-4 litres for you metric hosers), and i eat plenty. that day was the exception to the first and last of these three. trust me -- with all the water i drank and no fuddha in the buddha, i was peeing every hour.
    Good for you! Altho' my comment was actually a response to MY. ::grin::

And as far as the blood pressure goes, my method of stress relief is to account for EVERYTHING in my life and my ideal actions for the worst case and most likely case scenarios. Once I have all that figured out, I end up with no stress whatsoever.

Another note on anti-stress methods. I find that repetitive and strenuous labour is great for keeping the mind from stressfull thoughts. Especially outdoors. Chopping and stacking firewood is one of my faves.

rub, they say moving and changing jobs are the two most stressfull things you'll do in your life.

when I moved from Boone to Asheville 3+ years ago I had been in Boone for 11 years and on the same job for the last 5. the stupid little girl I was with then couldn't understand why I was so stressed about moving to another town and leaving a good job (best I've had)...luckily your move was for the girl.

well, I don't feel so bad about my BP. it was 125/75 yesterday when I went to get some drugs for this sinus infection. how's your Cholesterol?

and, I'll just say that I feel that moderate alcohol intake is not a bad thing...as long as everything else is aok....tried to get my dad to follow the doctor's advice after his bypasses and have a glass of wine or a drink of whiskey every once in a while but his wife had a conniption about it so he wouldn't.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

dunno what the cholesterol is. i got the job contingent on passing a battery of tests, and the only one i didn't pass was bp. i gotta go get a proper physical from a doc now and have him/her sign me off on the bp. i'll probably learn my cholesterol then.

i think it's pretty good -- i eat mostly well, avoid fried food, eat fast food almost never, and i take flax oil regularly. however, i assumed my bp was acceptable, and look where that got me.

regardless, healthy changes are in the mix.

also, to add to the stressness, the reason i moved when i did -- i'm getting married near the end of april, so i have less than 4½ months until tying the knot. ah well. the things we do for love. and queso.
    Last edited by rubthebuddha; 12-15-2004 at 05:46 PM.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

i eat mostly well
    i drink it (Mountain Dew) for/with breakfast most days
    These two statements are supposed to be not mutually exclusive?

Originally posted by Oso
    they say moving and changing jobs are the two most stressfull things you'll do in your life.
    Rub beat me to it - I'd say marriage would be up there. Weddings are for friends/relatives - there's a huge sense of relief when they're over. The actual day/night is a blur and you don't get to speak to half the people you want to and all conversations are flippant. I just wanted to get to the honeymoon suite on mine .
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

These two statements are supposed to be not mutually exclusive?
    you notice did the qualifier of "mostly," right?

I just wanted to get to the honeymoon suite on mine
    similar thoughts have crossed my mind once or thrice, i must admit.

Unfortunately, you're obliged to hang around for quite some time. In hindsight I saw the attraction in eloping. Big money difference too.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

yep, it's a big peeve of mine that the wedding is all about the MOB.

While they can be basically nice, they become obsessed about the wedding, often more so than the bride herself.

I used to work at a resort (in charge of the maintenance staff) that would do at least 4 weddings a weekend between may and sept. We had a 40x80 tent and a 20x40 tent that were both wired for lights & sound which is where i came into the picture. The topper one day was when the MOB showed up the friday before and asked if we could rotate the 40x80 tent 90 degrees.

since we segued into overall health, I have a new *****:

Since i'm on my second course of antibiotics to try and knock this sinus infection out I'm trying to get at least one thing of yogurt in every day.

[rant]

Why the fugg is yogurt only marketed at wimmen?????

Why is there no pie flavored yogurt?

Why is there no meat flavored yogurt?

Why is there no sauerkraut flavored yogurt?

I would eat the hell out of some saurkraut yogurt after 5 days of flippin' Strawberry and Bananna!!

And Zod forbid that somebody say "Hey, you know, a chocolate stout flavored yogurt would taste pretty **** good."

[/rant]

Stir fry one big chicken breast, cut up smallish, in olive oil with oregano, lemon and black pepper. put it in a pita or two with chopped napa cabbage, diced tomato, some fresh chopped parsley, and plenty of feta cheese.

mix a cup of plain yogurt with chopped cucumbers and red onion. I know you, so put a dollop of ranch dressing in there for good measure.

dip sammich in sauce or slather sammich with sauce, eat.

hell, it's not meat flavored, but it's something.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Originally posted by Oso
    Why is there no pie flavored yogurt?
    Why is there no meat flavored yogurt?
    Why is there no sauerkraut flavored yogurt?
    [/rant]
    There's pie flavoured yogurt - but d00d ... meat & sauerkraut? That's like boiled pork flavoured ice cream!! BLECH!

Originally posted by Ming Yue
    Stir fry one big chicken breast, cut up smallish, in olive oil with oregano, lemon and black pepper. put it in a pita or two with chopped napa cabbage, diced tomato, some fresh chopped parsley, and plenty of feta cheese.
    mix a cup of plain yogurt with chopped cucumbers and red onion. I know you, so put a dollop of ranch dressing in there for good measure.
    dip sammich in sauce or slather sammich with sauce, eat.
    hell, it's not meat flavored, but it's something.
    mmmm... replace the chicken breast w/roasted lamb... GYROS!!!! Yum!!!

wellll...I was mainly working for comedic affect.

but, as pointed out...middle eastern and indian cuisine makes use of yogurt a lot so why not meat and yogurt...and just for kicks I'm gonna get some kraut and plain yogurt just to see...

Originally posted by Oso
    ...and just for kicks I'm gonna get some kraut and plain yogurt just to see...
    ::shudders::

Originally posted by Oso
    wellll...I was mainly working for comedic affect.

but, as pointed out...middle eastern and indian cuisine makes use of yogurt a lot so why not meat and yogurt...and just for kicks I'm gonna get some kraut and plain yogurt just to see...

please PLEASE wait at least 24 hours after eating that to train with me.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com