Thread: Yay!! Finally found full contact martial arts in my area!!

Yay!! Finally found full contact martial arts in my area!!

OK, a while ago I posted requests for self training due to the lack of CMA schools around here. For the past few weeks I'd been training and sparring with some TKD guys, who're really a mix of different styles with a good amount of experience between them.

So all's been pretty good, but I really REALLY want to get into ring fighting shape and develop myself more for ring fights as I feel VERY confident in my street defense and overall real world defense skills (mostly that of not being in dangerous areas in the first place).

So I find out that the guy who owns the place who normally just teaches the kids TKD class, has a core of Muay Thai followed by years of training under Yip Man lineage WC. I get invited to his sat morning Muay Thai training and I had a blast!!!

My previous experience in MA is mostly a mix of overall CMA (southern, northern, internal, etc), nothing super in depth (only studied for 2 years straight and then 7 years of very little training). No full contact sparring at all and I didn't get far enough into any particular system to really learn it.

So... I'm waaaay enthusiastic and I'm full of that first time zeal for martial arts again!!! Just had to share!! ::grin::

hey, congrats.

just watch out for those elbows, round house, knees, oh did I mention clench

Originally posted by WanderingMonk
    hey, congrats.

just watch out for those elbows, round house, knees, oh did I mention clench
    Heheh, thanks, I'm actually rather comfy in a clinch, but then again I haven't done any long periods of full contact.

The instructor says I'm plenty strong and tough and that I need to work on my stamina/endurance/cardio - I just need to come up with a good way of doing so indoors as there's too much ice and snow outside to run.

body weight exercise circuits, jumping rope, shadowboxing, etc...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter