Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bung Bo having surgery

Bung Bo having surgery

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know Bung Bo (Dustin) is going under the knife Wednesday morning. It is to repair a break in his wrist. The guy has been training since the summer with a broken wrist. And I mean hand drills kicking drills and two man sets. He has restored my faith with atleast a few in this generation. And with no surprise to me, he will be in class Tuesday night. Dustin is a cherished student, I wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

Sounds like a dedicated individual!

He is hard core! I wish him luck and a speedy recovery!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Sounds like someone I'd like to train with.

Good luck on your recovery.

Mike
    Real Masters dont post on Forums.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Had a chance to train with Bung Bo in November. Really nice guy. And he does train hard.

Get Well Soon.

Later,

Oved
    The Tex-Mex Mantis

dustin

good luck with the surgery, really sorry about that but i told you not to **** with me.

just joking, it wasn't me!!!

Smile Hi Yu Shan

Please send my regards and a wish for speedy recovery to Dustin. Thanks

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Thank you all so much. I'm sure this will heal up in no time. All your support really means a lot to me. My shifu has been behind me 100% and I would like to thank him for starting this thread. I'm glad I can restore his faith in my generation because his generation is definately harder than mine. Hopefully I'll be back 100% the next time I see any of you.

The receptionist called me this morning to tell me what I can and can't do. I can't eat after midnight tonight. No alchohol . I can't even drink water tomorrow before the operation. On a good note (a very good note), today was the last day of my crappy mall job .
    "If you practice praying mantis, women will like you."--Shi Zheng-Zhong

I'm back and in pain. I took an Oxycotn a while ago and I feel better. I'm only typing with one hand so this taking a bit longer than usual. The pain meds are getting more this very minute. lol

So I went to the surgery center and they show to my room almost right after I get there. That was cool. I answer a bunch of questions and change into my gown and then the nurse marks my hip and wrist. then I get my IV. The guy was real good; it didn't hurt at all. Then they gave some stuff to relax me. I wasn't out yet, but a little woozy. Then they roll to the OR. They put the sedative in the IV line and put an O2 mask on me. The med. burned a bit going in and somehow I felt like the O2burned as well andI got scared and then I was out. When I woke up, my Dad helped me get dressed and I told the Nurses some jokes. I got wheeled out to the car and another nurse told me her daughter was my age. Then I asked her if she was pretty. lol. Like I'm ever goig to meet her. I slept for the majority of the rest of the day. I tried to eat, but I felt nauseous. My friend came over to hang out and we laughed a lot.
    This morning I watched some of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. That's very funny.

Just wanted to tell evryone how it's going.

bung bo

glad all went well.
    we'll get the other side next time i see ya

Thanks, Steve. You mean we'll break your wrist?!

Congradulations on the surgery going well!

I also just had surgery after an injury I sustained while training.

Take it easy, nows a time for relaxing and healing proper. Not re-injuring yourself training again.

I'm on the back end of my recovery and I'm currently doing light to moderate work outs to prepare myself to play with the big boys again.

Good luck and relax!

I've been checking on this thread frequently and it's really great that so many people are responding.

MantisFistMonk--Taking it easy is the name of the game, at least for now. I just did a horse stance and it didn't hurt my hip at all!!! (some spongy bone was taken from my right hip) I can train some! My hip was hurting like a mofo this morning. Making up my bed was he11. Moving around is helping a lot.

I've got a rigid split over my hand, wrist, and most my forearm. Cotton is over the splint with a wrap over that. I can wiggle my fingers but not my thumb. They gave a big foam rectangle thing with holes in it so I can hold my wrist above my heart without my arm getting tired.

Hey everybody--Another Pong Lai brother is going under the knife. Oso is having surgery on his shoulder. Serious stuff. Good Luck, Matt.