Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bung Bo having surgery

Dustin,

Glad you made out fine. Rest my man.

MFM

Had a nice conversation with Profatilov Laoshi while he was visiting in Florida over Thanksgiving. I hope you get well soon.

Thanks, Shifu. You'll have to tell me a little about it.
    "If you practice praying mantis, women will like you."--Shi Zheng-Zhong

yu shan - I'm glad you two are keeping in contact.

I hope to work out with you again in the future.

bung bo - I can't stress recovery time enough!

It's better to just do it right the first time then having to re-do it a thousand times.

Good luck Oso!

MantisFistMonk

Indeed, but I should communicate better with your Shifu. I look forward to training with you and all the guys in "the park" soon. Thank you for the advice to Bung Bo, he will listen.

MantisFistMonk--that's a big 10-4 on the recovery time. When I got this x-rayed a few days after this first happened, the x-ray didn't even show a break (or it was so small it wasn't visible). What did me in was training on it afterwards for a few months. I bet it would've healed by itself if I would've rested it in the beginning. So I am taking all the time I need for this to get better.

It has now been 2 months since the surgery. It is healing (slowly) and feeling better and I can move it more. I was being too rough with it earlier. I was lightly training just 1 week after the surgery. Nothing I did hurt too much but when I went back to the doc 2.5 weeks later he said to stop whatever I was doing with it and rest. That did it for me. Since then I've doing just that and it's really paid off.

I just wanted to post a little update.

It is good that you rest. Everyone appreciates the fact that you still come to practice and help out. Plus you can atleast watch what material we are doing and we can talk.

I feel you BB. It's hard to sit on the sidelines. I rested for 2 months and then went back slowly and the results are great so far. I'm sitll only 80% to 85%. But with your injury, and the way you guys bang arms, you need to rest it as much as possible. Heal well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I'm proud of you, BB!

Like I told you before, man...you set a GREAT example for the rest of your gongfu brothers and sisters, and I am very happy to be one of them. I hope more people can learn from your example, because I feel that many need to.

Keep getting better! Or else!

See you in class, my friend.

Good to have you back on here Lu Bu. Thank you very much for the compliments everybody. It means a lot to me that my friends and shifu respect me. You are all very important to me.

Shifu--Yes, coming to class is good. I look forward to it all day. Watching does help keep the material in my head. Plus, seeing and talking to everyone in class helps keep me from going crazy from just hanging out at my house all day

I had it x-rayed on March 2nd and the doc said the bone graft is taking well. The next day I had a CT done on it. That revealed a small(but smaller than it was)fracture line. That didn't really suprise me all that much. I didn't think it had healed all the way yet. So yesterday my doc gave me a device called a bone stimulator (and I don't mean he sent a nurse home with me ). It uses ultrasound to heal the break. It's not guaranteed but they do have a high success rate. I've also been applying zheng gu shui and comfrey generously and it has helped alot.

Overall--I'm doing a lot better. I guess this thread will be my BLOG since everyone and their grandma has one on the training forum

I'm thinking you need better medical insurance so they would send the nurse along as well! SCHAAA-WIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!

"Total Health" Package.

Glad to hear your doing well.
    ~BTL

Quote Originally Posted by bung bo
    I had it x-rayed on March 2nd and the doc said the bone graft is taking well. The next day I had a CT done on it. That revealed a small(but smaller than it was)fracture line. That didn't really suprise me all that much. I didn't think it had healed all the way yet. So yesterday my doc gave me a device called a bone stimulator (and I don't mean he sent a nurse home with me ). It uses ultrasound to heal the break. It's not guaranteed but they do have a high success rate. I've also been applying zheng gu shui and comfrey generously and it has helped alot.

Overall--I'm doing a lot better. I guess this thread will be my BLOG since everyone and their grandma has one on the training forum
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

BTL--Maybe I should push for that kind of insurance "coverage." Seriously though, if I didn't have medical insurance...I'm just glad I do. I've seen these bills and they're HUGE!

BTW-I like your sig. KOTH is really funny.

BB, we've never had a conversation, but I can share an experience similar to yours.

I had a bone grapht from my left hip to replace about an inch and a half gap in my right clavicle (collar bone) that I broke playing football. They then secured it with a titanium plate. The docs said after a month or two I could resume all activities including weight lifting, just no more contact sports like football. Well, I did none of that. No lifting, no sports...nothing. I went back a year later to have x-rays to see when they could remove the plate. It turned out that I somehow bent the plate (my guess is the way I sleep). So the only recourse besides removing the entire right portion of my clavicle was to have a vascular bone grapht, where they took a vein and the majority of my fibula and attached the vein to an artery in my neck and put in a larger amount of bone, as well as a much larger and longer plate. My shoulder grows hair (the vein was from my leg ), and I really don't know if it has healed, but at this point I don't care, because it hasn't hurt for years.

Point to all this is rest all you can. Even when I didn't push it I still managed to fu*k it up.

Hope you heal well.

- Eric
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

ewallace--That's some crazy stuff, duder. Anyway, glad to hear everything is sorta normal. I know what you mean when you say you messed it up when you didn't even try to. That happens less and less as mine heals more, but I still have to remind myself that 2+2 means don't fvck around

ALERT:My bone stimulator just stopped working as of 2 hours ago. The customer service rep who gave me the thing is going to have another one shipped to me this week.