Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visualization

the yoga postures for the back that i do, love 'em or hate 'em, all do something positive. these are them in order of sequence:

boat

bow

camel

bridge

wheel

the only drawbacks i know are that they are all in the same range of backbend. however, gravity and the way in which you're based on the ground (on hands, on shins, on belly, on shoulders, on feet, etc.) all make each work a little bit different. add this to good mornings and supermen (**** you, lousy haters ) and my back gets stronger every week.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Got Deadlifts?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Personally, I prefer stiff-legged dead-lifts to good mornings - they work the lower back just about the same, and if you suddenly feel like your back is about to give out or you're lifting too much, you can just let go.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Originally posted by IronFist
    Got Deadlifts?
    I was going to chime in with that, but I bit my tongue. I go on about them all the time anyway .

i would do deadlifts, but the fact is, the most i could do of them weight-wise is around 65 lbs., not because of lack of back and ass and leg muscle, but because that's all the weight i have here at home. i don't have a gym membership, and i don't plan to get one. the reason i choose good mornings is that, since the weight is further away from the fulcrum, thus requiring more strength to move the lever that is my torso. i'd love to have the weights for d/ls handy, but i don't, and i'm not going to buy them right now. all in due time.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Maybe you could deadlift some of those trees you've been hugging, hippie
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

better put on your running shoes, biotch, cause you're about to do some cardio.

I hate those lousy ectomorphs
    It's simple: get in, deliver, get out.
    The messenger is not important.

Yup, there have been numerous research articles written on this effect. This is true for all types of sports and activities, and it's why visualization exercises are so central to "sports psychology". Olympic lifters visualize lifting world records with ease, track stars visualize running world record times and blowing away the competition, etc etc.

ttt 4 2016!

Most impressive.

Watch Kung Fu Physics Materialize Before Your Eyes
    Nathaniel Ainley — Apr 26 2016

Kung Fu Motion Visualization from Tobias Gremmler on Vimeo.

German multimedia designer Tobias Gremmier visually captures the poetic kinetics of martial arts in Kung Fu Motion Visualization. This four minute video is the latest project from the prolific author, musician and cyber-savant. Posted to his Vimeo, Gremmier materializes the physics of the human body through digitally analyzing the movements of a kung fu drill. Each motion of the fighter’s body is outlined and traced through by a trail of digital dust particles, a mesh of geometric planes, or a stream of fractal webs.

Each action flows like a river current. Bruce Lee once wrote “You put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” Gremmier masterfully displays this in high-def. The performance traces the movements of the routine like a trail of smoke behind a skywriter, or a current carving its way through open waters.

Gremmier’s complex digital scan measures the fighter’s movements in terms of velocity, time, and space, altering the parameters of its visual manifest through a number of variations. It's fabric woven by time, velocity transformed into matter, expansion out of emptiness.

Check out some snapshots from the video, below:

Screencaps, via.

Check out more of Gremmier’s work on his website, here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Cool link

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Somebody once told me that a basketball team that just practiced visualizing playing the game scored almost as many baskets as a team that actually practiced playing the game. How could you go about visualizing yourself performing your forms and techniqued to improve your performance? Would it help to tape yourself and either watch it or a video of someone else doing the moves in your style and make believe that you are actually doing it for real? If not, then what would be a good way to visualize yourself doing your techniques? Also, can visualizing too much do more harm than good? If so, then how much is too much? Thanks in advance.
    Visualizing sad puppies during sexy times increases stamina.

Not too sad though, because that's a fetish!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Visualization does help in training. In free fight training, I would say no more than 20% of the times solo is top. More than that is too much.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong