Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: are you obsessed with kung fu?

In other words;

Kung Fu is to take the time to cultivate certain aspects of the body and mind.

It is thus not obession.

Thumbs up harmony

everything has yin and yang ,
    but it is my experience that there are things,
    and people
    that have disproportionate amounts,
    and therefore create discord

but then again i havent studied taoism so what do i know

obsessed AND compelled.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

Originally posted by FngSaiYuk
    Yes I'm obsessed with kungfu and martial arts in general.

Same here. But with everything there are levels. I practice every day, talk about Kung Fu constantly, read Kung Fu magazine and books with titles like "the Tao of Taijiquan".

My brother on the other hand criticizes me because I don't spend as much time as him practicing. Earlier today he complained that if I was really dedicated to Kung Fu I would skip work (and risk getting fired) so that I could train with him all day instead.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I used to be, and I probably should get obsessed again. My life is allways better when I'm obsessed with My Kung Fu.

Of course that could be becasue I don't have time for Girlfriends............................
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

SPJ, this post and this post are two of the best I've read on this forum.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Talking

They are Chan poems.

well I agree I'm a bit obsessed with kung fu. but I think there is more to it. I believe I'm more obsessed with being the best at it. I don't mean best as in better then everyone else, although that wouldn't be a bad thing. I mean best as in working my A$$ off to become as good as I possible and if I get get better than everyone else then so be it.

As for leaving my girlfriend you guys are crazy. If I can get good at kung fu I can deal w/ a little nagging.
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Originally posted by monkeyfoot

Are you a taoist or buddhist?
    Buddha means enlightened one as you know- are you truely enlightened?!?!?! Im not doubting you but i know people who have searched their whole life for enlightenment and never found it.

craig
    Ahh, Go eat some meat.

As for your girlfriend, show her whos boss and put her in line, women love that.
    ~___^
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

You need balance in your life, and it will help your martial arts training.

To much training will hurt your training. Learn to enjoy life and being alive and all that is around you as well as your training.

Being obsessed with anything is a bad thing. Before computers it was chess for me, i studied chess for 8+ hours a day, then later on I became interested in computers, and did that every waking moment I could spend on it, and now have a job from it. Sure it was unhealthy for me, yet worked out in the end.

Guess knowing you need balance and recognizing that is the important thing. Who knows how life will play out, I seem to be doing alright now, with a nice social life (finally, heh) again and will be getting married next year, most likely.

Just don't get carried away, you need to make time for other stuff, and have fun :-D
    My school: http://pailumwarrior.com/

SPJ
    thanks for the clarity i now understand you. Sorry if it sounded doubtful.

craig

Originally posted by SevenStar
    speaking of which, you recently mentioned dropping by a muay thai class or something. Did you ever get to go?
    i got kinda busy with all plenty activities i have now:
    playing neverwinter nights up to 6am
    eating compulsivly
    not partying/drinking enough

really dude, as usual my parents will show up and capture me to their city pretty soon, so i will be outa town... if i had started training or would've start now that is, ill be leaving on this next weekend AND so you see i would train maybe 2 or 3 weeks then bling bling im not here im only back in february whateva you see.

and sometimes i think about getting productive then i remember there is no point to it, or to anything at all