Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are you obsessed with kung fu?

are you obsessed with kung fu?

"Are you obsessed with kung fu?" I got asked that question the other day by my girlfriend. It started an interssting conversation I said something like "I don't know of too many thing I'd rather do than train." she mentioned how I B!tc# about getting hit by my Sifu, or the busted lip he gave me etc. but as Sifu puts it "Pain can be our best teacher." She didn't get it. I explained that if I tell you how to block a punch comming at your face, and you don't do the block correctly you get hit. And hopefully learn from the pain.
    then she began to nag about how often I train at home.
    and the point she was trying to make is that every chance I get I'm going something kung fu related.
    So my question is are you obssesed with improving your skills. My answer is you have to border obsession in order to improve and achieve certin goals.
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Yes

Yes I'm obsessed with kungfu and martial arts in general.

BTW, I think your girlfriend wants more time with you in the whole boyfriend/girlfriend kinda way (ie w/o doing any kungfu like stuff).

Re: Yes

Originally posted by FngSaiYuk
    BTW, I think your girlfriend wants more time with you in the whole boyfriend/girlfriend kinda way (ie w/o doing any kungfu like stuff).
    :werd: give her some loving.
    yes, i would rather train then do amny thigns in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I always obsess more about training in winter - in summer it's nice to be outside and do stuff with people. As well as training :P
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Yes, I am a kung fu stalker. It has a restraining order against me.
    Ignore List: lkmdfc

Yep.

Get a new gf.

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Course I'm joking. Getting that compromise, understanding and mutual support in a relationship IS kungfu... it takes a long time and hard work. Plus the occasional dodge, block and breakfalls... not to mention landing on your head.

However , if it's more pauinful than KF, get a new one!!!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Kung fu is all I think about 24/7/365.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

All you need to think about is Kung Fu. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. Drop you girlfriend and dont get a new one until you find one that has better kung fu skill then you. Be like Red Sonya, only give yourself to one that can defeat you in combat. Because you see, without a girlfriend you can practice more kung fu.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Originally posted by PangQuan
    Be like Red Sonya, only give yourself to one that can defeat you in combat. Because you see, without a girlfriend you can practice more kung fu.
    if she can defeat you, you can train together!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Out of all the stuff I have gravitated to artisically and otherwise over the last 20 years, Kungfu practice is the one that has kept my interest and fascination consistently.

so, obssessed? I don't know. Thoroughly immersed? Yes!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    so, obssessed? I don't know. Thoroughly immersed? Yes!
    Bleh, admit it, u're obsessed...

No!

*takes shiny firetruck out of sandbox and leaves*

Kung Fu is good for you.

80% obsessed. Gotta leave some room for football, especially us USC fans.
    Figure Eight

yeah indeed i was when i trained
    wich kinda did begin to bug me at some point
    probly happens to every dude?