Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Become a Certified Personal Trainer?

OT a little but just to show you how much BS in the industry.
    Here's a Q&A in my local paper
    Answer by a Excerise Physiologist (which is a degree level program meaning university)
    Q I have been training in the gym now for a few years and have improved my strength and am happy with my body tone.I just can't seem to get bigger muscles.
    A:You need to increase the intensity of the entire session.Start with 250 reps in each workout.To do this choose 4 excerises targeting different body areas and do 6 to 15 reps and 3 to 6 sets. To monitor your intensity calculate your total weight.Add up your reps and multiply them by the average of the weights your've used. That is the wieght used for each excercise totalled then divided by 4.As you build on this total by adding reps, sets and occasionally weight, you'll increse the intensity of your overall workout and bulk up.

If I need to say it
    Besides the overcomplicated babble and lack of inquiry, notice no mention of diet.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

Chief Fox,

Please call me Bao. I would recommend that you look into what is the highest standard cert in the top health clubs in your area. For NYC it is NASM or ACSM. A few years ago, it was ACE.

Peace and good luck.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Originally posted by Ka
    If I need to say it
    Besides the overcomplicated babble and lack of inquiry, notice no mention of diet.
    Like I said, it's illegal for personal trainers without some sort of diet certification to give out diet advice.

But yeah, most of them don't know what they're talking about anyway.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by IronFist
    Like I said, it's illegal for personal trainers without some sort of diet certification to give out diet advice.
    Down this way the training is a bit different,even the bare min to be a certified PT has a nutrition mod,they are covered legally.This PT has a Degree,he's covered to give nutritional advice if he wanted to.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

^ Good deal. But note that "PT" usually refers to physical therapists and not personal trainers, and the physical therapists can get kind of p.issed if you call trainers that.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.