Thread: Bruce Lee comes out of hiding!

Bruce Lee comes out of hiding!

This just made headlines today. Bruce Lee has come out of hiding in Taiwan, and anounced his intention to re-start his film career with a new movie under the the working title, "The Dragon: Redux". Apparently the film will be financed through a joint effort by Paramount pictures and Limelight Entertainment. In an uncharacteristically candid press release to CNN, Mr. Lee was quoted as saying, "I wanted to get out of the rat-race since Linda (Lee-Cadwell) and I were having marital problems due to my career. After we separated, I found it difficult to give up my anonymity, so I chose to stay out of the spotlight." When questioned about his supposed death, and the effect it had on the public, Mr. Lee was apologetic, "In hindsight it was a horrible mistake, but I'm excited about the chance to give my fans a second chance." Read the full story here!
    Bodhi Richards

BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

If only...

the urban legends were true.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

yeah, if only it was true. What do you guys think he would say about his JKD now?

It's hard to say (for obvious reasons), but one side you have pracs that took what he meant and ran with it to combine as many styles to get the most benefit out of everything involved. I believe that to be his original intention.

On the other side, I would tend to think that he would not be happy with the "industry" that MMA has become since he was around.

Just my 2cents.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

I think the first thing he would say is how everyone sucks for trying to make a quick buck of of his lineage. If you have read his work you will not have missed the part where he states that people will do this and to stay away from them. JKD is for personal improvement it is not a style that can be taught. If you want to learn JKD, study The Tao of Jeet Koon Do, or Sun Tzu's the art of war. It is pretty much all in there. The rest is experience and training. No one "Knows" the JKD style, for it is not at "style" so say the man who created it. It is the absence of style, the removal of obsolete movement. There is a school in my area the "teaches" JKD, its funny. I have checked it out to see what was up. Its Thai boxing, western boxing and some Kung Fu. So many people think that JKD is the mixing of all other styles together, could not be further from the truth. The only reason that Bruce studied all the other styles were to find the inherant weaknesses in which they all possesed. Then he went about making sure that these were not incorporated into his training regime.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I can't agree more with the previous post. I looked for a "good" JKD school, and I found a few "teachers" listed. When I researched them I found that basically they were dudes just wrestling around with each other in some available space. I saw some "training photos" this one guy posted on his site - it was the worst thing I think I've ever seen. There were a bunch of guys in jeans and sweat tops grabbing each other in headlocks and struggling their way out. It was truly pathetic.

JKD is a philosophy of martial technique and theory developed by someone who was, himself, the ideal student.

I agree - read the material and get into the headspace. Augment that with training in whatever style suits your body and abilities.

shawn
    side note: I always wondered what Bruce Lee would be like as a martial artist in his 40s-50s. Its a wonderful fantasy. I wish this story were true.
    Doctors: "Mr. Simpson, this procedure MAY increase your brain power ... OR it may KILL you!"

Homer: "Increase my killing power, eh? I'll do it!"

I often wondered that myself. It does make for an interesting daydream at work.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

thats the biggest load of bull eva
    who would beleive that
    apart from the fact that eveyrone actually saw the body..

its like the sad ppl who beleive that elvis is still alive

when someone so popular dies they dont want to admit and start thinking of dumb excuses cause they cant beleive that our hero's can die just as easily as us

Please do keep a sense of humor.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

i do and it was quite...amusing
    but i have a friend who seriously beleive elvis is alive he is like he is 70 today! and it just gets on ur nerves

Ah, the things one will do on a rainy day. I crack myself up.
    Bodhi Richards