Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Festival

Nexus Guest

Spring Festival

The ta'i chi spring festival will be happening in 2002 at the University of Alaska Anchorage. I will be providing date/times soon, for any whom are interested in traveling up to the great land of Alaska to learn from some of the greatest taijiquan players as well as share and learn from the many practitioners here in Alaska.

To name just a "few" of those who will be here: Master Liang, Shou-Yu, who is an expert in taijiquan and has written a book titled "Tai Chi Chuan". You can find his bio at http://www.ymaa.com/AuthorBioPages/mliangbio.html
    Master Liang as I was told today just confirmed so we will be very excited to welcome him here and learn as much as we can from this amazing martial artist.

Almanzo "Lao Ma" Lamoureux, M.A. will also be here, from the Magic Tortoise taijiquan School. Website: http://www.magictortoise.com/

Also Warren Pretlow, who is local to Alaska.

There will be others as well, and I will add to this thread as I get names & more information. I will try to share as much as possible about what classes will be offered during the festival, and some of the great stuff that we gain from it. Hopefully we will get a fair amount of photos also so we can post those on the web for all to see.

Of course everyone is invited, and if you would like more information feel free to email me, I believe my email is in my profile and if it is not beng@bored.com will reach me.

The dates/times/seminars/classes will be posted in this thread, look forward to hearing from you and feel free to post questions/comments.

- Nexus

spring festival

Shang wu farms will hold a spring CMA festival March 10-13, guest instructors will be Master Li Enjiu Chen style Taiji, push hands and Praying mantis, Master Chen Zhonghua Chen style Taiji, push hands , Art D’Agostino Chen Taiji, Praying mantis, and spear
    Last edited by shang wu; 12-11-2004 at 09:00 PM.

Where is this held at? Any Praying Mantis going to be taught?
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Greetings..

Just a note of support.. Art is a gifted and sincere practitioner of the Arts.. his talent alone is worth the price of admission, but with other presenters this is a real treat.. (Thanks, Art)

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

The festival will have a variety of classes going on that will include Chen Taiji (Hong style practical method), push hands, Taiji plum flower praying mantis, and two handed sword. There will also be lecture and discussion.
    Shang wu farm is located on 11 acres of picturesque land with ponds majestic oaks and grazing horses, located just east of Tampa in plant city. Our goal is to provide a place of natural beauty to immerse your self in the practice of Taiji, kung fu & Zen meditation.
    Shang wu farm offers group & private training ,workshops, live in intensive training, and retreat facilities, all dedicated to the love of the arts.
    Last edited by shang wu; 12-21-2004 at 05:36 AM.

Spring Festival with Art Laoshi

Is anyone else going to the spring festival at Shang Wu farms with Master Art D'Agostino? Master Arthur will be doing a 3 day intensive seminar. It will be fantastic and I recommend it to anyone regardless of skill. Has anyone else trained with Art Laoshi before?

???????????

I have not had the pleasure of training with Art D Lao Shr.... I have, however, heard a great deal of him.... Where is Shang Wu? When is it? What is the cost?
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent oppostion from mediocre minds" AE....

Shang Wu

Shang Wu farms is about 13 acres of beautiful land with tall trees, grazing horses, lakes, the works. Its out of Plant City florida. Go to shangwufarms.com for more info. Last time I went it was drizzling and we meditated in front of this lake of his. Very relaxing. Where are you out of metal? Oh yeah the seminar is not this friday but the next. Friday,saturday, sunday.

Too far.........

I am in Nashville, a student of Yu Shans..... Man, I wish I could attend.... A bit too far and a bit too short of notice... Enjoy it for me and best of wishes... Train well, Peace.............
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent oppostion from mediocre minds" AE....

Hey Metal!

Good to see you posting. How is your hand healing?

If you cannot make it down for his festival, I`m sure he will have more soon. Shifu Art is very open for people coming in anyway, just make sure he is in town. Take care...

Thumbs up

I have had the pleasure of training with Sifu Art. He is top notch.

Does anyone have any details regarding the Spring Festival, as far as breakdown of what is going to occur on each day?
    "Do not follow in the footsteps of the men of old, seek what they sought"

schedule

I don't know the exact breakdown of when he will be teaching what. I know he will be doing a two handed gim form and some taiji plum flower mantis and hong style practical method chen Taiji and some push hands. The two handed gim form is a shaolin temple bad guy form. Really cool. I am particularly interested in the push hands.

I'm trying to contact Art in order to get details. The number I have for him in no longer active. Could someone please PM me with his phone number? (The website does not have a "contact us" option).

Thanks!

contact

Jack
    Email Sifu Art at shangwufarms@hotmail.com for the details. Me and my kung fu brother are flying out from texas. I had heard about him for years and when the opportunity came up to train with him man you just have to go with it.

ironfenix,

Thanks for the info!

So you are able to make the trip? Fantastic! You are in for an amazing experience. Sifu Art is a fantastic martial artist and a wonderful person, plus he's quite a character. You will enjoy..........

Hopefully I'll see you there!

Jack