Thread: Chan Tai San stories

Hybrid View

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Stories about CTS getting upset with us would double the length of this thread, so I guess I'll get to some tomorrow....
    Please do!

PS - Any referring to ROT, directly or indirectly or replying in any way to his posts IS "feeding the troll". Just IGNORE HIM, pretend he does not exist this is the only effective way to deal with trolls. This is the last time that I acknowledge his existance I suggest everyone else do the same, at least in this thread PLEASE.

The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

One I definitely remember. A sifu who was good friends with Chan Tai San comes to visit and we take him out for dinner. At some point, really, I had to go to the bathroom, so I excuse myself and get up to go..... After dinner I get a ranting Chan Tai San because apparently I got up at the wrong time? Or got up wrong? Or didn't excuse myself correctly? Honestly, to this day I have no idea what I did "wrong" but I know he biotched me out for over a month over it...

I remember getting Choke Slammed by sifu because I didn't want to eat in his cousin's restaurant. We had students waiting for us at another place, and this was before cell phones, sifu just lost it

PS: Buddha be praised for Mr Gene Ching
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

In honor of the late Master Chan Tai San's birthday, his disciples will offer the first annual "Chan Tai San Memorial Banquet" in New York City.

Sunday, November 6, 2005
    Grand Harmony Restaurant
    98 Mott Street
    Chinatown, New York City
    Tickets $40

This event is open to anyone who would like to come together in memory of Master Chan. For tickets you can visit "NY San Da" at 336 W 37th Street, 5th Floor, NY NY 10018, or call us (212) 239-8619, or send an email to LKFMDC@att.net with the subject line "CTS banquet".

A memorial book will also be issued at that time, if you are interested in sponsorship or advertising in the program, send email to LKFMDC@att.net with the subject "SPONSOR".

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I got a chance to speak to another of my Hing-Dai today, Sifu Gus Kaparos, and he will actively take part in the banquet too! Great news.... it's nice to see all the Hing-Dai working together on this

As I put together the memorial book for the banquet, I'm going through not only my files but all the disciples' collections.... what is pretty extraordinary is how much info sifu gave us.... of course, it's all in Chinese and we haven't even gotten around to translating half of it sadly

We've translated some stuff just for the book for example, of course, not having kuen po doesn't mean we couldnt' do the forms or know the applications, but all that rich background.... honestly, I may end up translating and releasing volumes for YEARS to come

....suddenly I'm afraid of the day my own sifu will depart from this world.

bumpitybumpitybump