Page 68 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1522

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

Winning teaches you that you were better that day, losing teaches you what you need to work on.
    Winning is fleeting, losing stays with you.

what about fleeing. what does that teach you?

My favorite Chan Tai San story involves Granmaster Sensei and Master Sensei Ukeno discussing the legends of Sun Wu Kong over a glass of whiskey and enchilladas at the Tai Shing Pek Kwar festival of Reno Shaolin.

I suppose that's more of a context, but it was a good old time.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    My favorite Chan Tai San story involves Granmaster Sensei and Master Sensei Ukeno discussing the legends of Sun Wu Kong over a glass of whiskey and enchilladas at the Tai Shing Pek Kwar festival of Reno Shaolin.

I suppose that's more of a context, but it was a good old time.
    yeah, Sifu Chan used to say that Ukeno couldn't hold his liquor worth sh1t and wold end up dancing "La Cucaracha" on the table accompanying himself with a bowl of fava beans...

Thumbs down

Mega-fool, please find a bridge and jump off it, thanks a lot
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    yeah, Sifu Chan used to say that Ukeno couldn't hold his liquor worth sh1t and wold end up dancing "La Cucaracha" on the table accompanying himself with a bowl of fava beans...
    I remember that party. New Years, 1988, right? It was great. But the dip was a little sour, and I think someone put something in the punch bowl half-way through the party. Not alcohol.....something biological.

Other than that, it was a blast.
    Last edited by Mega-Foot; 05-13-2007 at 06:07 PM.

I'm not even going to mention the fit babes Grandmaster Sensei hooked us up with. How was it that he always seemed to have ten fine broads always following him around?

Class act, Grandmaster Sensei was.

First class all the way.

cjurakpt Guest
    so, are we going to start taking bets on who the real Mega-Foot is? I have a few ideas about who's KFMF member troll-persona he is, but I ain't saying yet...(although I wonder how the weather in his neck of the woods is lately - rainy, perhaps?)

It gets kind of rainy when it rains.

It's cool to read about Si Gung Chan's history in nyc. I trained under one of Chan Tai San's disciples up in westchester but I never had the fortune of meeting the grandmaster himself. Unfortunately, my school recently became a "McDojo" and doesn't offer CLF training anymore. Are any of Si Gung's disciples still teaching CLF or Lama Pai in NYC?

IT LIVES!!!!!!

this means more stories uncie Ross!!

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuPunk View Post
    It's cool to read about Si Gung Chan's history in nyc. I trained under one of Chan Tai San's disciples up in westchester but I never had the fortune of meeting the grandmaster himself. Unfortunately, my school recently became a "McDojo" and doesn't offer CLF training anymore. Are any of Si Gung's disciples still teaching CLF or Lama Pai in NYC?
    Whom did you train under?? I used to own a school in Bedford Hills, but I sold it to one of my students named Brandon. Is that who you took classes with???

Brandon's a hoot! I remember this one time when Chan Tai San was visiting, Brandon had this tranny in his class (he was open to all kinds of students, and didn't discriminate like he should have....which is his downfall, and might be his ultimate undoing). Anyways, he/she insisted on learning the short stick. Only, he/she butchered teh chinese, and kept saying something like short "dong". CTS was rolling. He made a joke, in Japanese....something like: "depending on your sex, it's either short, or inside-out.....

We had such a good laugh. But I never understood why the assistant instructor insisted on driving him/her home that night. It was rather late.

Maybe he was being a gentleman/gentlewoman.
    I stand on the Mesa and look down at the vastness of my world and i realize how truly small you all are in it. This has been my greatest enlightenment. None of you are important, and you will never truly be free individuals until you surrender to my instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Being the idiot I am...

Mega-Tool - Brandon was NOT a student nor disciple of Chan Tai-San. He was MY student. I gave him the opportunity to learn from my teacher on a few (very few) occassions, but that is all.

I was just curious as to what misapprehension the above poster was under.

stop being a Mega-D!ck already....

sadly, there is mega-fool, and then, in addition, perhaps more sadly, there are tons of people who met CTS a few times and claim to have had extensive training with him. I've even seen people copy events that happened to me and try and pass them off as things they did with CTS
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....