Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1522

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

It's been almost a decade since Sifu passed, and 20 years (plus) since most of his articles were published... today I spoke with some of my hing-dai about how many people are still claiming to have studied with the man when they never even met him.... expect to see some press about this soon
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

stories ......try books by John Gilbey, those are good stories

http://www.bearmartialarts.com/spage...f__gilbey.html

This is one long @$$ thread...

Thanks for sharing your stories. I found myself relating to quite a few of them actually. Like how you can feel conflicted about some things your teacher did. Accepting that your teacher is only human. The BS in Chinese martial culture. How it can be like a religion at times. And of course of the BJJ zombies .
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Page 100 of a very enlightening thread full of TCMA history. Your Master ,Sifu Ross, is one of the last of a breed that lived through some very rough times indeed. Good Hunting!
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 07-03-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Do not let the as shats here derail this incredible thread.

Thank you, Dave for sharing the real deal as it pertains to your teachers and how you trained with them.

Nice to see teachers as humans and not putting them on pedestals thinking they are not the same as most of us.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

I have been re-editing my Chan Tai San book for several weeks now, done with some translations (feel they are good enough), have taken some examples from my old book colleciton, etc

I'd say I am about two weeks away from FINALLY publishing it... just working on the last essay, which should pizz a bunch of people off LOL

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I have been re-editing my Chan Tai San book for several weeks now, done with some translations (feel they are good enough), have taken some examples from my old book colleciton, etc

I'd say I am about two weeks away from FINALLY publishing it... just working on the last essay, which should pizz a bunch of people off LOL
    pizzing people off? The truth needs to be told even if most people like to bury their heads in the sand! Pizz away! Can't wait to read your book!

Looking forward to the book, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    It's been almost a decade since Sifu passed, and 20 years (plus) since most of his articles were published... today I spoke with some of my hing-dai about how many people are still claiming to have studied with the man when they never even met him.... expect to see some press about this soon

If I trained with the guy for over a decade and got beaten badly in a San da match I would become a coach too. Those who cannot do teach.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy panda View Post
    If I trained with the guy for over a decade and got beaten badly in a San da match I would become a coach too. Those who cannot do teach.
    So, what's stopping you?

Apparently the Bitter Vindictive Panda handle was already taken.

Someone is off their meds again.....

I checked, and LARPER Panda is not taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy panda View Post
    So HP is back sniping at people. Cowards hide behind the internet and snipe.

My door is always open here in Tampa. Come visit, we can see if you can put your money where that cakehole is.

Eric?

Why hide behind the net? Come forward and be known rather than act like some petulant lover who has been jilted.

Eric?

And if you are Eric, stop contacting me and trying to explain that I owe you anything but my boot up your arse.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 07-04-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Front cover art... we are almost done

Name:  front cover art small.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  89.2 KB