Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

Well, he's already been banned twice in the past, but his need for attention is so great and his intellect so small (nonexistent really) that he just doesn't have a clue that no one wants him here. It's the only contact he has with human beings where they won't just kick his azz for being such a putz if he doesn't go away.

However, since he HAS been banned from here at least twice, why HAVEN'T the mods booted him yet?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Stories about CTS getting upset with us would double the length of this thread, so I guess I'll get to some tomorrow....
    Please do!

PS - Any referring to ROT, directly or indirectly or replying in any way to his posts IS "feeding the troll". Just IGNORE HIM, pretend he does not exist this is the only effective way to deal with trolls. This is the last time that I acknowledge his existance I suggest everyone else do the same, at least in this thread PLEASE.

The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

One I definitely remember. A sifu who was good friends with Chan Tai San comes to visit and we take him out for dinner. At some point, really, I had to go to the bathroom, so I excuse myself and get up to go..... After dinner I get a ranting Chan Tai San because apparently I got up at the wrong time? Or got up wrong? Or didn't excuse myself correctly? Honestly, to this day I have no idea what I did "wrong" but I know he biotched me out for over a month over it...

I remember getting Choke Slammed by sifu because I didn't want to eat in his cousin's restaurant. We had students waiting for us at another place, and this was before cell phones, sifu just lost it

PS: Buddha be praised for Mr Gene Ching
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

In honor of the late Master Chan Tai San's birthday, his disciples will offer the first annual "Chan Tai San Memorial Banquet" in New York City.

Sunday, November 6, 2005
    Grand Harmony Restaurant
    98 Mott Street
    Chinatown, New York City
    Tickets $40

This event is open to anyone who would like to come together in memory of Master Chan. For tickets you can visit "NY San Da" at 336 W 37th Street, 5th Floor, NY NY 10018, or call us (212) 239-8619, or send an email to LKFMDC@att.net with the subject line "CTS banquet".

A memorial book will also be issued at that time, if you are interested in sponsorship or advertising in the program, send email to LKFMDC@att.net with the subject "SPONSOR".

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I got a chance to speak to another of my Hing-Dai today, Sifu Gus Kaparos, and he will actively take part in the banquet too! Great news.... it's nice to see all the Hing-Dai working together on this

As I put together the memorial book for the banquet, I'm going through not only my files but all the disciples' collections.... what is pretty extraordinary is how much info sifu gave us.... of course, it's all in Chinese and we haven't even gotten around to translating half of it sadly

We've translated some stuff just for the book for example, of course, not having kuen po doesn't mean we couldnt' do the forms or know the applications, but all that rich background.... honestly, I may end up translating and releasing volumes for YEARS to come

....suddenly I'm afraid of the day my own sifu will depart from this world.

bumpitybumpitybump

More stories, please!

Sifu Ross, we haven't heard from you in a while. This thread isn't dead, is it? Sifu Parella? Mr.Jurak? Bueller?

I, gasp, deep breath, took a vacation, a REAL vacation, not a weekend in a sweaty gym with 15 fighters wrapping hands and holding pads, but a relaxing vacation with the wife type person and doing relaxing sorts of stuff

Ironically, it brought back a lot of memories of Sifu Chan, because we went to San Francisco and I spent a lot of years there with with Sifu Chan.... My wife has gotten used to me, "and here's where sifu and I did that" blah blah

Actually, my wife said recently, "I feel like he's a member of my family, he's so present still in our lives".....

way to carry on his memory...

He would most assuredly be pleased
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

tt fer later.....

Remembering that your teacher is human....

I don't think Americans are the only ones who idolize their teachers beyond reality, in fact, I think Asians may be even more guilty of this idea, from Confucian roots and all

I know that William CC Chen said that before he lives with his teacher, he imagined he could fly and do magic, but after living with him, he realized he was just a normal guy...

I know a Korean master who said the day he went into the bathroom and found his teacher there, it changed his life, I know, really f-in stupid, but up to that point he never imgained that his teacher was just like him in EVERY WAY...

In a lot of ways, Chan Tai San was good at keeping us grounded in reality, not always consciously mind you. Often to his own detriment. A Chinese student once pleaded with him to "act the part" and not be a country hick....

Sifu Chan could quickly degenerate into that poor farmer who had minimal education, excited about a fake police badge or a new jacket. For a bunch of relatively well off, pretty spoiled urban NY'ers he often showed a side we found difficult to understand and were embarassed by...

And at times I feel bad for that. I should have accepted him for who he was, I certainly valued what he taught me, so why did I not see the obvious contradiction?

Other things I guess I closed my eyes to. I know at the funneral last year I heard things that I had NOT been aware of, though how it escaped my attention is the heart of the issue.

I could accept all sorts of negative things about my teacher, but one aspect, which I have strong feelings about personally, I managed to block out, I guess precisely for that reason

Funny how our minds work

Thumbs up Pics

Here are some new pics, or should I say; 'newly posted pics' of Grandmaster Chan Tai-San. They are some of the last pics of him in full uniform (maybe the last) and they are from 1995/6.

New Pics of Grandmaster CTS

If you look on this page, you'll see some video clips as well.

Grandmaster CTS page

Enjoy!

Here's an old picture

me with my first group of students......