Page 47 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

I agree, shut the F up already. If you have such a hard on for Ross, just go to his school.

Get it over with already. All this blah blah for nothing.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...2&page=2&pp=15

Ray Pina

"I have nothing but respect for Mr. Ross. He runs a class act quality gym and no doubt his guys can fight. I don't know anything about China or the politics of San Da and I don't care. I live in New York and I've seen Mr. Ross' guys in action. They're tough and technically skilled."

Now, Ray's nothing more than a petulant child, upset he can't get his way, he cries louder thinking that will somehow change things...

Ray, consider for the fact I've trained over 16 national champions, titles won in national competitions not run by me, not matched by me or ref'd by anyone I had anything to do with...

Last time I checked, K-1 Max isn't run by me, yet one of my guys was offered a contract to fight in Japan.

The NYC Golden Gloves isn't run by me, seems I've had finalists there over the years as well...

More and more, your underlying feelings are shown. You may have a very fine and skilled master, but he's obscure at best. That seems to anger you a lot.

I notice you mentioned it in relation to Michael.

You're upset that I sell DVD's, people want to buy a book if I write one, people visit my site, people train with me.

Rather than carrying on in such an immature manner, make your own destiny. Rather than get upset I am successful, be successful yourself. Trust me, it's a lot more productive to build your own house than throw stones at a palace and show yourself to be the vandal you are...

MY success is well known and well documented.

You can keep babbling on like a fool "this is the last time I'll post, except for this one more time, blah blah"

It doesn't change my success. Even "knifefighter" acknowldged my coaching achievements are well known....

The more you babble on, the more you reveal how jealous and petty you are. And bitter....

Go fight in PRO MMA and then get back to us....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

If I could ask sifu ross a question...

In one of the previous stories about Chan Tai San, you mentioned that he really hated taichi?

What was it that he hated about taichi?

And did he meet any good taichi guys?

Thanks a lot!!

He "hated" it in the sense that he didn't like doing it, never practiced it, and found it to be boring to watch as a demonstration. Sorry to all the Tai Chi people, but I fall asleep watching Tai Chi, there is nothing exciting about it, and to sit through 10 different guys doing it is NOT a good demo...

Sifu knew very high level Tai Chi people, Chan Wai Gwun who taught out of Yee's for a while was a good friend. Of course, Sifu Shum does Wu Style. Sifu also knew the Wu's in Canada, the same family that fought Chan Hak Fu....

Sifu had his own internal anyway, he didn't "need" to do Tai Chi.....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Hahahaha

I understand how he felt. I do Taichi and even I have to fight against falling asleep at watching more than one person do their forms. Even when I'm trying to think of good demo performances for my club to do, I shudder to think how the crowd response will be....

*zzZZZZzZZzZzzZZ*

Too bad you don't have a school or any associates in Glasgow.

Do you know of any good CMA in Glasgow?

CMA in glasgow

www.hungfut.co.uk

PE
    "We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

Thumbs up pictures

David, I do have about 20 or so of those pics with Chris J., Sifu and myself doing that two-person ground fighting set. I believe I had about 30 or so, but I can't seem to locate them. You know how it goes, "how much stuff have you mysteriously lost over the years?" It seems like everytime the schools had moved to a new location, we'd loose stuff.

Anyway, I'll scan a few if people want to check them out.

I look forward to seeing you next month.

sifu ross, how much time do you and your students practise stances?

I'd actually like to see all of them...If you want to E-mail them, I'd like to put them on my site somewhere.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Sifu Ross,
    Have you ever comparred the Vajra Physycal skill mentioned
    in the internal section of the Lama KF web site w/ Tibeten "tsa lung"
    One would find it difficult to see it as it is usually not taught outside
    the context of intense meditation retreats.Tsa lung is considered an advanced
    Vajrayana practice.
    These kinds of postures are learned w/ very presice vizualization.
    Its not talked about publicly, but there ara afew westerners that learned it in
    retreat and have been known to metion it in in non specific terms.
    There is one guy that even wrote a translation of a tsa lung text( to the dissmay
    of quite afew Lamas)
    These exercices (so Ive heard ) are done to help progress in methods such as tu mo or heat yoga.
    I mention all this because some one that knows it wont talk about it,but if he seesit he might say ...AHA!Thats like tsa lung
    Last edited by yeshe; 07-03-2005 at 11:08 PM.
    First smooth,then fast.
    Smooth is fast.

What is the name of the man who wrote the translation of the text?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

I dont remeber and I would definetly NOT consider it recomended reading.
    The translation was not authorized by his teachers as the material is not
    meant for casual study.The book was not put out by any of the big buddhist
    publishers (i.e. Shambala,Wisdom,Snow Lion) and on top of that I only remember seeing it
    20 years ago.
    First smooth,then fast.
    Smooth is fast.

It sounds cliche to say Tibetan is a secretive culture, but in many ways it is. They were isolated from teh world, much of their culture revolves around monastic life, secret practices and secret tansmissions. The Chinese name for Tibetan Buddhism is "Maht Jong", literally the esoteric or secret tradition

I've met tons of Tibetan monks who tell me they don't know any martial arts but have seen them and know things about them. Sort of makes you wonder if they are just being modest or avoiding direct discussions. They stand out in contrast to the monks that deny any existance.

Angry followers have called our schools to insist there is no Tibetan martial art. If the Tibetans never had martial arts, it's quite impressive that they once had an empire that stretched across northern India from the border of Iran across Asia to western China (Qinghai and Szechuan). Even as educated as I am I didn't know how big it was at its peak until I visited the RMA in NYC recently

An Indian yoga teacher once contacted me. He had a Tibetan teacher in Northern India who taught him yoga and had supposedly done a martial art based upon the dragon? He wanted to know if Lama Pai was the same art? I had no idea honestly and wasn't able to help him, but his annecdotal story is more to discuss

I had an American student who married a Tibetan and lived in the Tibetan community now in Northern Inida, they celebrated the wedding there for a week and during dances he saw Paau Choih, Tin Gong Choih, etc weaved into the movements... again, annecdotal, not conclusive, but interesting

In a galaxy far awah I once tried to become a yoga teacher, long story, big cult, blah blah, but Sifu Chan's stuff always struck me as "yoga" and certainly was different from many Chinese internal methods

Very interesting posts! Thanks!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    It sounds cliche to say Tibetan is a secretive culture, but in many ways it is. They were isolated from teh world, much of their culture revolves around monastic life, secret practices and secret tansmissions. The Chinese name for Tibetan Buddhism is "Maht Jong", literally the esoteric or secret tradition

I've met tons of Tibetan monks who tell me they don't know any martial arts but have seen them and know things about them. Sort of makes you wonder if they are just being modest or avoiding direct discussions. They stand out in contrast to the monks that deny any existance.

Angry followers have called our schools to insist there is no Tibetan martial art. If the Tibetans never had martial arts, it's quite impressive that they once had an empire that stretched across northern India from the border of Iran across Asia to western China (Qinghai and Szechuan). Even as educated as I am I didn't know how big it was at its peak until I visited the RMA in NYC recently

An Indian yoga teacher once contacted me. He had a Tibetan teacher in Northern India who taught him yoga and had supposedly done a martial art based upon the dragon? He wanted to know if Lama Pai was the same art? I had no idea honestly and wasn't able to help him, but his annecdotal story is more to discuss

I had an American student who married a Tibetan and lived in the Tibetan community now in Northern Inida, they celebrated the wedding there for a week and during dances he saw Paau Choih, Tin Gong Choih, etc weaved into the movements... again, annecdotal, not conclusive, but interesting

In a galaxy far awah I once tried to become a yoga teacher, long story, big cult, blah blah, but Sifu Chan's stuff always struck me as "yoga" and certainly was different from many Chinese internal methods
    so lama pai wasnt started by a han but it already existed from the tibetans? ALso, did the monks know you learned lama pai before talking to you about it?