Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Michael

ROT is just a troll, best thing to do is totally ignore him. He won't get it. To him kung fu has to be tiny weasal death claws and dim mak points. To him what we did probably is his definition of "kick boxing"

I certainly remember lots of punches and kicks, along with sweeps and throws. I never remember dancing in a circle calling out the names of movements before attacking.....
    now what I mean is did you try out and use the movements/techniques from the forms when you sparred? Did tyou use traditional blocks for instance? Did you use various hand posisions beside the fist in your strikes?

Smile

ROT, sure we did! When our teacher taught us, we only used the techniques in our forms! We did not fight like kickboxers. Although kicking to the legs is a strategy which my teacher advocated as a way to damage your opponent and to close the gap between ranges.

In most cases, our exchanges wouldn't last more than 4-8 moves at best until someone was dropped or was unable to defend.

So, I can' say that our fighting was as clean or cool as a movie..lol...but it would sometimes look like that for a second or two.

sounds awesome, Id love to see a clip of that. so far that kind of evidence for the power of cma doesnt exist on video (yet).

ROT discoverd on internet......

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/image..._art/troll.jpg

please don't feed the trolls
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

sifu ross, if I was posting on mma.tv or bullshido or sherdog I bet youd think Im just a regular and never accuse me of being a troll cause my view is widespread in those types of forums. I am not bashing or anything anyway, look at knifefighter, is he a troll too?

Thumbs down Reign of Terror

I've been reading this post with interest since it was new, having the respect and common courtesy to keep my mouth shut when it comes to matters I know precious little about. I know I sound like a broken record, but really, what's so hard about showing some respect to the man whom this thread was dedicated to (and people with far more knowledge on TCMA than you, or could hope to ever gain at the rate you're going) and keep your trolling to another post? Coach Ross was even willing to entertain you immaturity in another thread, hell, he might even have had enough patience to thoughtfully and honestly answer any real questions you might have on the subject. I'm amazed that Sifu Parella even humors your feeble attempts to debunk TCMA, since you seem so dead set on doing that. I can't quite figure you out, myself. One moment, you seem like you have an honest question or opinion, the next moment you try to discredit TCMA, Chan Tai San and his students. I have to ask you, who do you think you are questioning these men and their expertise? You have a lot of nerve assuming you know anything about their sparring methods, too. You've admitted that the extent of your knowledge of TCMA is limited to what you read in magazines and such. And I presume from what you think you've learned from movies. Likely from BJJ zombies as well (no disrespect intended to BJJ). This rant is lost on you though. Still, I can take comfort in the knowledge that in the end, your opinion, much like your experience, amounts to nil. Since you don't seem to have a genuine interest in TCMA or Chan Tai San, why don't you just leave this forum? Go back to Bullshido and continue to delude yourself into thinking you know better than the rest of us suckers. You're the smart one, you never wasted a minute of your informed time on something so foolish as TRAINING. I mean really, what could a guy like Coach Ross, Sifu Parella or Chris Jurak possibly know with all that EXPERIENCE they have, right? Or any of the other historys fools who spent entire lifetimes training and keeping the art alive, right? They were all phonies. But they don't fool YOU, do they? My God, the utter gall you have. Sifu Parella, I respect you for having an open mind and a teachers patience. However, I have to agree with Coach Ross. Can we please just ignore ROT? No matter what he says, can we just ignore him, so we can get back on the subject? Seven*, if you're out there, could you just ban him again? I don't mean to sound presumptious, like you'd just side with me and give him the boot, but enough is enough. OK, rant finished.
    Last edited by LifelongLearner; 07-16-2005 at 02:11 PM.

Since you don't seem to have a genuine interest in TCMA or Chan Tai San, why don't you just leave this forum?
    I actually am very interested in it, and how am I trolling or trying to discredit anything? by the way I am banned form bullshido but thats a whole other story.

I have offered many times to demonstrate the use of traditional CMA in full contact fighting to ROT, he makes excuses and says he'll contact me "later". He then says he knows some guys who want to "test" me, so I tell him "Great! Put them in touch with me." and never hear anything more from it. He's had many chances to see the things which he constantly complains of never seeing, but always refuses to avail himself of the opportunities. He simply is trying to be contentious for the sake of causing trouble. It's all he's ever done, it's all he'll ever do.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Where Chan Tai San is concerend, there is nothing to discuss, much less argue about. The man was a national sparring champion for one, oh, and let's not forget he survived the war against Japan, the Civil War and the Cultural Revolution. He ws also the guy the CCP sent to all the organized crime figures to tell them they had to surrender or else.... so it's not like he ever had a fight or ever used his skills!!!!

If you noticed, neither Michael, Chris or I have really claimed much, we've spent most of our time talking about how we DO NOT approach our teacher's skill level.

That being said, I can note that my school has consistently produced guys who can fight regardless of the format. I don't know many schools where the students win in boxing, kickboxing, San Da, San Shou, Muay Thai, submission grappling, and mixed martial arts. I like to think it has something to do with the martial arts I teach, silly me
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

but you yourself claimed on mma.tv that you dont teach lama kung fu but san shou and only recently because of the passing of your teacher you includes some private lama pai classes. And him being a sparring champion doesnt mean too much because the level was probably alot lower than it is today (san shou) since it wasnt very organized than.

and actually I stand corrected. Asia from bullshido.com displayed some pretty baji moves not seen in mma or combat sports but he did them against a much smaller, weaker, and less experienced opponent.

If you noticed, neither Michael, Chris or I have really claimed much, we've spent most of our time talking about how we DO NOT approach our teacher's skill level.
    Id really like to know which one of you guys is the best? I know you guys sparred alot before according to what you say so who dominated the most?
    Last edited by ReignOfTerror; 07-17-2005 at 02:48 AM.

Unhappy Rot

I'm sure you are sincere in your approach. This forum is not a venue to discuss how Chan tai-san's students compare against each other. Quite honestly, what would the information do for you if we shared it with you? Would you want to study from the best fighter in the group? Or the best at forms, or the best at getting people to be better? I am beginning to see everyone else's point of view about you ROT. If you wish to participate and get future responses, be responsible with your posts and try to subscribe to the idea of this thread. "CHAN TAI-SAN STORIES" okay?

I mean I'm suprised we haven't heard; "Who'd win in a fight, Bruce Lee or Chan Tai-San?" And besides, the last time someone posed a similiar question about my Sifu and another fighter, the two got together and the other guy got his arm broken.

I dont know why you feel so ofended I was just asking a simple question, when other people like ray for example do it you dont seem to throw such a fit but when i ask it you get all angry. Also go to the wing chun or jeet kune do forum and plenty of lineage wars and who is better etc. How Brcue lee would win/fight this guy etc.

eek: ARE YOU KIDDING?!!! I hate contradicting myself, but ROT has an innate talent for posting stupidity that demands response. CTS being a sparring champion doesn't mean that much because it was probably at a lot lower level than it is today? Tell me something ROT, would you say full contact sports such as boxing, Muay Thai, UFC, etc. are more or less brutal today than they were years ago? That's a rhetorical question, don't answer it. We all know that there are a lot more safeguards in place today to protect fighter's health than there were in the past. How do you think it was when CTS sparred? You do recall that a man died as a result of his match with CTS? Here's another way to look at it: Do you know anyone in the Army or Marine Corps? Military guys swap horror stories of their experiences all the time. It's like comparing scars or sort of like a ****ing contest. If you ask anyone that's been in either branch of service for a long time what they think of the level of stress and difficulty is like for today's troops in comparison to what they went through years ago when the service wasn't "kinder and gentler" and so PC, they laugh. These guys come from a different era. A time when corporal punishment was the norm. Now consider that I'm talking about the US military. I can tell you from personal experience, talking to guys from various foreign military services, that they go through that kind of crap all the time. Particularly North and South Koreans, for example. Getting to my point, what do you think CTS' experiences were like while serving the Chinese military while his country was at war so long ago? On the subject of CTS, you really shouldn't voice any more opinions. And how can you possibly expect Sifu Ross to even acknowledge you, much less answer your questions, when you disrespect him and his teacher in the very same post? Your motives are transparent and you are a fool.
    --

well muay thai fighters ran through kung fu fighters in that era or even before it:
    http://crane.50megs.com/index6r.htm
    http://crane.50megs.com/index6d.htm

Also, even sifu ross said that today's safety gear makes the fighters better because they can spar/fight/train mroe without getting injured, and on top of it it doesnt really alter the way the fight looks/goes/is period. In the ufc's they have small fingerless gloves and no protection, and they can even fight on the ground (something I bet the sparring competition csp was in you coudlnt do). Heck even a student of a kyoukishai karate foudner Oyama said oday's fighters and techniques are betetr than Oyam and his generation. Why is it in the olympics records are constantly broken if people arent becoming tougher and better?

This is a typical ROT response. You choose to ignore the bigger issue(s) (your complete lack of respect) and instead try to answer whatever aspect you think you can win arguing against. This site you picked for info to support your opinion is more of the same: opinion. So what if some kung fu guys lost to some Thai boxers? The incidents he cites are in no way representative of either art as a whole. The author of the site is entitled to his opinion, as are you. You strayed from the point though. I wasn't arguing that either art was superior, I simply mentioned Muy Thai as an example. I'm getting tired of arguing with you already. You ignorance astounds me. Aside from your lack of respect, what irks me the most is that all the crap you say is like a recording. You regurgitate factoids you read from here and there, post links to various sites, and you seem to take them at face value as Gods' honest truth. If they support your view, all the better, right? Has it occurred to you how easy it is to look around for the information that you cite? It only serves to make you look more ignorant. You talk about various martial arts, techniques, as though you have an educated opinion, when in fact you don't know ****e and you have no experience. Those facts alone are enough to discredit the majority of what you have to say.
    Last edited by LifelongLearner; 07-17-2005 at 01:06 PM.