Page 52 of 102 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

cerebrus you dont know anything about my or my ma history, what you do though isnt ma its tai chi dance ballet.

dear lord

what part of

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

did you not understand...

by responding to him, all you did was f up this thread with his retarded responses...

doesn't matter, he'll be out of here soon enough...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Like most Chinese fighters from the period 1920's through 1940's, Chan tai San liked Japanese Judo. They fought those guys and found them tough and capable.

Chan Tai San then spent time in the Philipines, where apparently he knew quite a few karate stylists. Don't think he knew nor cared Japanese vs Okinawan. He liked that they sparred full contact. And that their methods were direct.

He had no patience for the no contact, tree hugging, chi blast side of the CMA community... he was quite vocal in criticizing the frauds in the community

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Stories about CTS getting upset with us would double the length of this thread, so I guess I'll get to some tomorrow....

you don't fight

you don't even train

so what would be really useful would be YOU shutting up already.......

we all see you for what you are, a troll, and your days are numbered here, though you are too deluded to figure that out....

*Kicks Dave Ross in the foot* you're being drawn into it....
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

trolls, srolls...

Master CTS had no tolerance for clowns and frauds. Any stories of people who came in for training and passed out or yakked or got laughed out of the gwoon??

Sorry have this passive aggresive thing about feeding the trolls.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Stories about CTS getting upset with us would double the length of this thread, so I guess I'll get to some tomorrow....
    don't make us wait too long!! *camps right on the forum page*

:)

ROT *UCK OFF!~

-----------------

More CTS stories and related please!!!

out of the blue:
    did CTS have any dart throwing or knife throwing skills?
    (just something thinking of lately)

OR to be more related.. what was CTS weapons curriclum (shall check ur webpage out incase its listed dere)

thanks

Knife throwing

Hey, it's interesting that you bring that up! In 1994, I learned a form called the "27 poison daggers." I have some video footage of GM CTS and myself doing part of the form and throwing some knives. It was taught as a Choy Lay Fut form, as the techniques used in throwing the knives are all CLF. But I don't think the form might have been older than two or three generations old. It's a really cool form and it has 5 knives in a shealth (I only can find 2 of the 4 I had made) on each wrist and ankle, and a back harness which holds 7 over your shoulders. I have never taught it yet (along with a ton of other stuff as well) and I'm not sure when I'll get around to teaching it. It is reeeeeeaaallllly cool though!

As my classmates can attest, we all learned really cool stuff; a bunch of drunken weapons, like staff, broadsword and bench, snake forms and snake broadsword, southern eagle claw (I said southern) and lot's of other crazy stuff. It was quite a trip (in the journey sense) learning under GM CTS. I'm sure everyone else would agree as well.

how many things do you keep hidden form your students like your teacher kept certain things hdiden from you guys? What parts of the system do you keep hidden? forms, training methods, or what?

Enforcer/Strangler/whatever,
    When are you going to give up? You realized if you spent half the time training that you did trolling you'd probably be a decent martial artist, right?

Shut up and go find somewhere to train.

Thumbs down

Nothing hidden buddy. I think you've been watching too many movies.

from so many sets and forms and different things to train, what were your respective favourites?