Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

Ug! Shaolin-Do!

Lama Pai Sifu...

How you doin man??? How was your trip??? Did you get to hook up with any of the monkey guys???

Anyways, I leave to HK Dec 26th, will go to King Mui & Fut Shan also to see both Chan Heung's village/ school & probably visit the Fut Shan school, been there before...

Sounds like you were able to get some new info on things...

Would love to hear all about the trip...

Joe

1. someone should make this thread sticky

2. Mike should elaborate on the stuff he learned about Jyu Chyuhn and his son
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Coach Ross,

Have you guys ever visited YongHeGong Lamastery in Beijing? If you guys had, did you guys see the Gelugpa Lamas practiced their lama fighting system? A while back, some HK folks were talking that the HK hop gar people didn't really believe that their system was from Tibet until they visited Beijing and saw some of the Gelugpa lamas practiced their stuffs.

I remember you wrote that Sifu Chan had his own qi-gong. Was it anything related to tumo yogas, etc.

thanks

I am aware of the monastery but never have been in beijing, too dusty and cold

However, someone I know and respect did visit there and saw some lama being done, good enough for me

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Long, sort of pointless, to explain why I just remembered this story but it's classic Chan Tai San

You have to remember that for many years, Chan Tai san just wondered around China, studying whatever he could learn. He went up to Shanghai even though he didn't speak Shanghai dialect and his Mandarin was horrible, he went to Beijing, he was in Fukien, he was all over....

For obvious reasons, he knew a lot of obscure facts and had a lot of obscure info

Well, this is what I remember, Sifu Chan sees this teacher who does a very rare style, like almost no one in the US had even heard of it, but this guy's sifu was the only one doing it and was already dead, so the guy performing it didn't even know what exactly it was, history, etc....

After his performance, Sifu Chan goes over to the guy, and because he's ABC, I sort of translated.... Sifu tells him it's an offshoot of "xyz" style, from this village, with this dude as his grandmaster....

Teh ABC guy tells me that from everything he knows and his teacher told him, it's impossible and my sifu must be wrong.... whatever, no skin off our apple really...

10 years later, and I'm not joking, I run into the guy again, he has just gotten back from China, where while touring around he ended up in this village sort of randomly, teh same village sifu chan had told him about.... his style is done there, by that grandmaster, it's an offshoot of "xyz style" etc etc....

The guy said he was really surprised, but I wasn't since I knew that sifu had gone t all sorts of obscure places to learn stuff

good stuff~~

1. someone should make this thread sticky

i second that!!

any others show support to petition da mods for a sticky on this thread please!?!

did you vote in the poll to make it sticky yet?

i voted, can we have more stories now?

:p

hella yeah!

now spill ya guts!

1 vote = 1 cts story!

PLEASE :P

20,000 move views than the video thread yet we don't merit a "sticky" status

I'll tell you a few new stories later this week

(Ti, Da, Shuai, Na)

Hi

Thanks for sharing so many great stories. I'm still on page 22 of this thread and although do not wish to interrupt it, I really would like to know the meaning of Ti, Da, Shuai, Na.

I guess:

Shuai - throwing/westling
    Na - Locking/grappling

Thanks.

Ti means to kick

Da means to strike (usually fists, palms, elbows, etc)

Shuai means to wrestle, literally to throw to the ground

and Na is "seize" as in Chin-Na

On another note, pretty funny to see some get all upset because this thread suggests that the greats in TCMA were less than saints

White Haired Devil killed so many guys in challenges that the families of those he killed hired packs of hatchet men to jump him

Harry Ng was shot on a SF street corner because of his relations with certain organizations

Lau Bun was a hatchet man accused of killing US gov't officials

Choy Yit Gung had to close his schools in Guangdong and move to HK because a visitor to his school thought his style was ugly, so Choy killed him

IF you find the issues raised in this thread hard to believe, I suggest you buy Brian Kennedy's new book... lots of similar stuff in there..

Brian Kennedy's Book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/155...lance&n=283155

Just in case you guys needed the link...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

if anything human history has shown us that we are capable of filling all angles of the spectrum of morality.

from good to evil and all then neutrality between.

for those that are actually shocked to at some point find out that there have been people who actually killed with thier deadly skills, open your eyes.

these peole spend thier entire lives developing skills to kill other men with. its human nature to use what we know.

if i spent my entire life cultivating something and some shmuck came along and told me it was worthless, i would give him the opportunity to prove me wrong by stopping me from killing his ass. if he died it would only prove who was right.

A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!