Page 88 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1522

Thread: Chan Tai San stories

Quote Originally Posted by jow yeroc View Post
    Thanks for the replies cjurakpt and SifuChow. Very interesting. SifuChow, do
    you remember which forms he taught? If you can recollect it would be cool to
    know and if not its OK too. thanks
    I am not sure which forms Sifu knew in the Jow Ga style. He did teach me a spear form from the style at one time...I think it was called Yew Gwa Spear.
    Richard Chow

My School
    My Blog

Well sir , my friend who i joined with emailed a sifu Steven Ventura who said that nothing from long island comes without griping. . He said that sifu rafael was an original student of Mr Parella. He said since leaving he has continued to study with him and that he has transmitted him alot of the lama system. He said that he was in there the other day learning Drunken spear form and felt he is up to the task. He said we should not take anyones word on a forum because they may have an ax to grind. So we figured it could not hurt to try for a month or so with no further commitment. thats how the decision was made. I do it as a form of exercise. I look at martial arts as a form of exercise not to defend myself on the street. I dont feel its a street applicable art unless you are as good as you are or Mr. Ross or Mr. Parellla. You guys are very well trained and can apply it.

Well sir , my friend who i joined with emailed a sifu Steven Ventura who said that nothing from long island comes without griping. . He said that sifu rafael was an original student of Mr Parella. He said since leaving he has continued to study with him and that he has transmitted him alot of the lama system. He said that he was in there the other day learning Drunken spear form and felt he is up to the task. He said we should not take anyones word on a forum because they may have an ax to grind. So we figured it could not hurt to try for a month or so with no further commitment. thats how the decision was made. I do it as a form of exercise. I look at martial arts as a form of exercise not to defend myself on the street. I dont feel its a street applicable art unless you are as good as you are or Mr. Ross or Mr. Parellla. You guys are very well trained and can apply it. for me it would take years.

WARNING: The following content will be both adult and violent, viewer discretion is advised

I just happened to have lunch with Steve Ventura yesterday (being he was my best man, I was his best man, we gew up together and call the same woman "mother" I am sort of close to him)

He informed me that someone keeps emailing him, in his words "Digging for crap". Ventura stated that he endorsed NO ONE, simply listed the CTS lineage people who are teaching on Long Island. He also said it is a "shame" that Rafael is misrepresenting himself.

He also requested that "MR Troll" not use his name nor attempt to convey in any way that his posts are representations from Mr Ventura

I know Rafael a little, he has always been a nice guy. I've been in his house and shared a meal with him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see him ranting and raving and talking ill of his lineage mates. BUt I doubt that would ever happen

Of course, I can state the obvious, he is VERY JUNIOR in the lineage. In fact, there is a substantial argument that I am his SI GUNG. So why don't you just run along and play in traffic and stop posting here? That's it, go outside, get some fresh air. It's ok, there's the door, the sun will do you some good
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

**** another one ross. its like troll city with you CTS guys. you guys need to hold a official meeting or something to put an end to all the nonsence

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    **** another one ross. its like troll city with you CTS guys. you guys need to hold a official meeting or something to put an end to all the nonsence
    LOL - it's usually the "official" meetings that get all the sh1t started...

On a possibly related subject - Who is the member LamaGuy?

I have seen his name in the 'Who's Online' list, but when I click to see his ( since it says 'Guy') profile I get the "You don't have enough privileges to see this" page. A search of forum members doesn't turn up a LamaGuy, but I have definitely seen his name online....

Odd.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    On a possibly related subject - Who is the member LamaGuy?

I have seen his name in the 'Who's Online' list, but when I click to see his ( since it says 'Guy') profile I get the "You don't have enough privileges to see this" page. A search of forum members doesn't turn up a LamaGuy, but I have definitely seen his name online....

Odd.

-David
    he's a ghost

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    LOL - it's usually the "official" meetings that get all the sh1t started...
    true true.

Top notch forum fu. Maybe you should offer him some fruit?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

We've already discussed the "lineage jumping" issues.... and they are NOT unique to either CTS or Lama or CLF

BUT it is pretty easy to establish time lines, especially with someone like CTS. I put up the 1989 article which listed Ventura, me and Laurette (ONLY!). Mike, Chris and Gus came later, and are in the "A Tradition whose time has come" article. Innocenzi was in pretty much all the Lama Kung Fu articles in the early 90's and virtually ALL the hing-dai call him friend and stand for him. Laurette remained loyal to Chiu Leun and Chat Sing Tong Long and didn't baai si so he sort of got "lost" in the crowd (he also hated to travel and didn't travel with us to events). But there you have the "core".....

Mike can claify exactly when the Mineola school opened, it must have been around 92? (senior moment, can't really remember?).... Pretty much from that point onward, people had limited access to CTS, even the ones who later did "midnight baai si" etc etc

Another excellent way to weed out the crap is to see if they speak Cantonese. Ventura, Mike, Chris, Innocenzi, Laurette, and I can all carry on a basic conversation in Cantonese. Of that list, most of of us can read a bit (I "cheated" by going to graduate school and studying CHinese LOL).

You can also look at the pics.... they show the same people over and over again

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    We've already discussed the "lineage jumping" issues.... and they are NOT unique to either CTS or Lama or CLF

BUT it is pretty easy to establish time lines, especially with someone like CTS. I put up the 1989 article which listed Ventura, me and Laurette (ONLY!). Mike, Chris and Gus came later, and are in the "A Tradition whose time has come" article. Innocenzi was in pretty much all the Lama Kung Fu articles in the early 90's and virtually ALL the hing-dai call him friend and stand for him. Laurette remained loyal to Chiu Leun and Chat Sing Tong Long and didn't baai si so he sort of got "lost" in the crowd (he also hated to travel and didn't travel with us to events). But there you have the "core".....

Mike can claify exactly when the Mineola school opened, it must have been around 92? (senior moment, can't really remember?).... Pretty much from that point onward, people had limited access to CTS, even the ones who later did "midnight baai si" etc etc

Another excellent way to weed out the crap is to see if they speak Cantonese. Ventura, Mike, Chris, Innocenzi, Laurette, and I can all carry on a basic conversation in Cantonese. Of that list, most of of us can read a bit (I "cheated" by going to graduate school and studying CHinese LOL).

You can also look at the pics.... they show the same people over and over again
    thats true, but **** it must be annoying. thats like someone saying their your long lost brother and it turns out they were lying.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    thats true, but **** it must be annoying. thats like someone saying their your long lost brother and it turns out they were lying.
    I don't have anything in particular against Rafael, but he showed up around 1995 if I recall. By then I had been with CTS NINE YEARS. For him to try and claim he's senior to me is pretty darn funny

is this the same guy as last time or a new guy.

i think my questions on secerecy in lama relates more to CTS than people misrepresenting his style...who cares about trolls...i want to know about CTS and triads...