Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ever tried absinthe?

peanuts and harmonicas are the only weapons we have against the invading alien space armada.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by Vash
    Dayum, methinks Sevenstar is allergic to street cred.
    ? duncan macloud was a pimp. That doesn't take away street cred at all.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Yeah. Nothing is completely 100% safe, and if that's what you want, why do you fight for a hobby anyway?
    Stoner. ...

it looks like Chris' source is better, or at least less expensive.
    Both!

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    it is booze.

it was popular because of the laudanum added to it in teh 19th century and earlier.
    At some level, you must be aware that you are talking out of your ass. This raises all sorts of questions which are fascinating, from an academic point of view.
    Last edited by Christopher M; 12-15-2004 at 02:05 AM.

Ah Absinth,

Reminds me of christmas in a brothel/illegal drinking den in prague a few years ago. All you could drink was really good beer or really poor absinth, nothing like the tourist absinth. More like the Irish potato potchen but made with a really chem,ical foul taste.

Incidentaly if anyone wonders about how bad absinth was/is for you, the french banned it after they had to drop the minimum height requirement for their armed forces due to the young male population over indulging on it.

I think this was more to do with the use of money to by absinth rather instead of food than absinth directly shrinking people.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Ive done musrooms 4 times. i highly reccomend them. If your into exploring other modes of reality, finding God etc. then mushrooms are the right thing for you. the mushrooms are good because they teach you things about yourself you never knew. i plan on tripping again sometime after school ends.

Ive also had a bad trip.

sorry if i sound retarded in this post but ive been studying and writing essays all ****ing week for final exams, so im burnt out when it comes to putting my thoughts into words.

ill try to elaborate on tripping if any of you are interested. i would reccomend agaist the absinthe unless you make it yourself.

its also very important that if your going to buy mushrooms you buy them from someone you feel you can trust and who knows what they are doing and what they are talking about. and of course.......RESEARCH.
    Hello Chicken

Originally posted by Friendless Tool
    Ive done musrooms 4 times. i highly reccomend them. If your into exploring other modes of reality, finding God etc. then mushrooms are the right thing for you. the mushrooms are good because they teach you things about yourself you never knew. i plan on tripping again sometime after school ends.

Ive also had a bad trip.
    What causes a bad trip?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Circumstance, inexperience, differently wired brain. But circumstance can make one bad. I haven't had bad ones, but I've been pretty uncomfortable. Nightclubs, parties etc where you feel isolated isn't good. Hallucinogens aren't a social drug IME unless everyone is under the influence. Then it's still not sociable, but at least not so uncomfortable. I had another experience where we went to a bounded, walled multilevel park maybe 5 acres big at night. A friend managed to convince us to separate and role play that there was a serial killer after us and we had to meet up at a certain gate into the park. A little disconcerting to put it mildly. Driving is bad. I once was convinced I was gunna die when a friend took us all driving in his ****box. That was the strongest acid I ever took too. The guy who's house we were at had a really bad trip and never touched the stuff again.

Nature is good. Go for a walk in the woods (make sure you're familiar with it or at least it's a small forest - i.e. don't get lost and die) or go down the beach or something. We used to buy these two dollar cardboard and plastic "glasses" from the bong shop with prismatic lenses and go wandering around bright lights. You look like a dickhead, but it's an amazing experience. Avoid sober/straight people. You can hang out with _really_ drunk people 'cause they won't tell the difference. But even stoned people around trippers can be uncomfortable. Depends on the hallucinogen really - some acid can be quite social but the majority isn't IME. You need to be either alone or in a small group you're super-familiar with or surrounded by people with altered reality. Few drugs alter reality, so it's hard to find a group of people in that circumstance.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Dayum

One time, when I was about 3, I grabbed a beer away from my uncle and took a swig. Momma says I sat down on the floor and starting weaving like someone with head trauma.
    Ne'er again.

One time, when I was about 12, I took a hit off of a cigarette. Ne'er again.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Good advice on tripping from Toby.

A friend managed to convince us to separate and role play that there was a serial killer after us and we had to meet up at a certain gate into the park.
    Fu*k me. Not fun.

Originally posted by scotty1
    Fu*k me. Not fun.
    It most certainly wasn't . I was in full ninja mode with bordering paranoia hiding from the imaginary serial killer. The night did get better.

Iron, on reflection the thing that makes it a bad trip is when you're forced to deal with reality. That would usually be in the form of talking to straight people or having to deal with something you couldn't ignore like e.g. a fire or a busted pipe. You need to ensure you have enough time up your sleeve free from any responsibility or interaction with reality. A safe place to retreat to helps if things go bad. Maybe some experienced fellow experimenters to keep a lid on things. Figure 12hrs or so of actual trip time. Some may last longer. I usually found that regardless of substance 8-12hrs ish and you'd be "normal" again. Another day free afterwards to ease back into things and wait for the colours to fade.

I'm not condoning anything here - you always hear horror stories e.g. the guy 2yrs older than me at school who had mushies in Bali and ended up institutionalised. His first and last trip. You also hear of people imagining ants, spiders etc crawling over them. I never had that - lots of visual stuff but nothing scary to me. We moved away from acid because my friends didn't like the loss of control. OTOH I would've preferred acid to other stuff but I stopped taking it because (like I've said) you can't be the only one while everyone else is straight.

I have no regrets as such from my 20's, but I did waste a fair bit of money and probably suffered a fair bit of brain damage. Time will tell. The best thing if you wanted to try absinthe or whatever is to make your own decision and stick to it. Don't let anyone influence you. I didn't, but unfortunately I was often the bad influence .
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Between Art school and a social science degree I have tried a few different mind-altering substances...

Alcohol - fun while you are on it, legal, hangovers suck

Cannabis - Pot, Hash, Oil, etc. is fun while you are on it and there is no hangover the next day but they are illegal. Note: Do NOT do Qigong while on weed unless you want to have to sit somewhere quiet until the blood stops rushing to your head afterwards.

Mushies - Tried em. Can be fun but can really suck. In Canada they are semi-legal (they grow wild so they aren't fully illegal).

Over the counter pharmaceuticals - not worth it, bad for your health and don't give you a fun buzz. Don't bother.

Kung Fu - The adrenalin (and endorphins) released during practice causes euphoria. It's free, easy to obtain, legal. My favorite drug.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

A group of my music buds from another board put together this mix, based on the theme psychedelic music (loosely defined as music for, by, or about people on drugs.) We did it by establishing a shared gmail acct., then emailing mp3s to it in a set order. Anyway, it seemed vaguely relevant to the topic. Now that we've finished it, we're doing another, this time on the theme "trios" where the only requirement is that 3 and only 3 (no more no fewer) musicians may perform on any given track. I think we're going to be doing this for a long time. It's a fu(kin' blast collaborating on mix discs with people from all over the world.

total time - 1:46:02

1 Animal Collective, "We Tigers" 2:43
    2 Oneida "Caesar's Column" 4:39
    3 Latyrx (Lateef the Truthspeaker and Lyrics Born), "Latyrx" 5:48
    4 Scorn, "White Irises Blind" 6:07
    5 Sun City Girls, "Chameleon 2000" 10:02
    6 Maserati "Closer Than You Know How" 6:16
    7 the Deviants "I'm Coming Home" 5:59
    8 Flipper "If I Can't Be Drunk" 9:01
    9 the Shoulders "Odyssey" 4:47
    10 Larry Young "Saudia" 4:31
    11 Lush "Tiny Smiles" 4:26
    12 Jefferson Airplane "Fat Angel" 9:05
    13 Joy Zipper "Dosed and Became Invisible" 4:16
    14 Lee 'Scratch' Perry and Mad Professor "Dub Those Crazy Baldheads" 6:41
    15 DJ Vadim and Motion Man "Till Sun's In Your Eye" 4:39
    16 The Flaming Lips "Strychnine/Peace, Love and Understanding" 3:59
    17 Loud Creme "Motorcycles in the Sky" 8:49
    18 IsIDORE "Ghosting" 4:15
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by SimonM

Cannabis - Pot, Hash, Oil, etc. is fun while you are on it and there is no hangover the next day but they are illegal. Note: Do NOT do Qigong while on weed unless you want to have to sit somewhere quiet until the blood stops rushing to your head afterwards.
    I do QiGong after smoking all the time and don't have the same results. Cannabis has such a range of effects of different people. For the most part it has a good chance of making you listless, though.

I experience the almost exact opposite, becoming more level and focused, but I've only known a few other people who get the same results.

Mushies - Tried em. Can be fun but can really suck. In Canada they are semi-legal (they grow wild so they aren't fully illegal).
    Psilocybin is a Schedule III substance in the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act in Canada. This makes psilocybin containing mushrooms illegal, regardless of state (dried/wet, etc) and came into effect in 1997. Curiously, this also makes the possession of mycellium (the non-fruiting part of mushrooms that the mushrooms grow from) illegal, as it contains psilocybin as well.

Prior to 1997, mushrooms were "semi-legal" in fresh form, as they grew naturally in many parts of Canada (Not most of Alberta, though). The only way police would give you trouble then was if you had dried ones, as this showed preparation for human consumption, which was illegal.

Just don't want people to think something is "semi-legal" when in fact it is 100% illegal.

Another interesting thing to note is that peyote is 100% legal in Canada. Mescaline (the main "active" in peyote) is illegal, but peyote itself is specifically exempted in the CDSA. Unfortunately, it doesn't grow naturally here and I've been unable to find any
    Last edited by Hau Tien; 12-17-2004 at 05:35 AM.
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice