Thread: Got Jow?

**Little*Dragon** Guest

Got Jow?

Some of you might remember my post griping about the non-contact policy of my local Wing Chun school. Well I have been shown the error of my first impressions and am now sporting a plethora of painful bruises from enthusiastic bil sao s and self-defence drills.
    I have heard that Jow is good for relieving pain of bruises. Where can a guy get some good stuff?

Little Dragon

Roy D. Anthony Guest

Little Dragon

I don't know how far Kelowna is from Vancouver, however there is a Martial Art store in Vancouver called Kuen Way! they may have some there. If not, most Chinese Herbal Stores carry some versions of Dit Da Jow. That is if your Sifu doesn't have any. Hope you find some.

fgxpanzerz Guest

jow

dont ever buy jow from a store. THey'll sell u watered down garbage. Ask yor sifu. Jow can help heal broken bones, sprains, pulled muscles,etc. By the way, dit da jow also sterilizes u while it's in yor blood stream, so if yor planning on having kids soon... lay of the jow.

SupaStickyHands Guest

Tit Da Jow

I love that stuff! And yes, its from a store, unless you know some old granny that makes it?

Very sure that if Little Dragon is in town, he/she can visit any of the Chinese herbal places in Chinatown and find some. A bottle costs under $5.00. The older the stuff is, the better it works. You might want to do what we do, and store a bottle of it with your equipment.

sunkuen Guest

jow

dont get that **** in your cuts! goodnight! :eek:

Jeff Brown Guest

Epsom salts bath

as one who bruises way too easily, I have tried a number of topical "solutions" and have come to the belief that nothing works better than a hot, epsom-salts-laced bath (if you can tolerate the incredible boredom of sitting in a tub for 20 minutes).

Roy D. Anthony Guest

Meng Shuo

As for Epsom Salt Baths, they are great, however I also heard that you should immediately follow up with supplements, of Potassium as these baths deplete you of that mineral.
    Just a helpful Suggestion.

Jeff Brown Guest

Potassium

california rolls all round!