Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: actors for new Kung Fu movie of Jet Li.

Wanted: actors for new Kung Fu movie of Jet Li.

Want to act in a film with Jet Li?
    The film will start May 2005.

Looking for actors, Kung Fu stylists.
    Send pictures and/or actionvideo, biography, to:

GM Chiu Chi Ling
    7, Pak Hoy Street, 1/F,
    Kowloon
    Hong Kong

Tel: 852-94031840
    chiuchiling@earthlink.net

where's it being shot?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm not sure.
    My Sifu has been contacted by Jet Li to inform for Hung Gar stylists and Kung Fu stylists.
    There is also some info on this same topic on the website of Jet Li.

I already know some Hung Gar practitioners that have mailed there biography, etc. I am very curious who will be chosen and take part.
    South Paw

Is there a website specifically devoted to the film? I'd like to notify my KF peeps without the hassle of paper. The link you provided is just an email address.

Will check out JL's site also.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Jin Wu - Chin Woo

This is the website of Jet Li.

This film tells the story of Chinese Martial Arts Master Huo Yuanjia (1869-1910). Master Huo Yuanjia was the founder and spiritual leader of the Jin Wu (Chin Woo) Sports Federation, that started in Shanghai.
    Planned for Spring 2005.
    South Paw

If you do a search on the main forum, you'll find similar info about an upcoming jet li movie. The particular casting call I'm referring to was posted on jet li's website and specified that they were looking for the burly, wrestler type as far as his look, and wanted him to be more of a western styled fighter, although they wanted him to be versatile.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

The particular casting call I'm referring to was posted on jet li's website and specified that they were looking for the burly, wrestler type as far as his look, and wanted him to be more of a western styled fighter, although they wanted him to be versatile.
    That's correct.
    There is an international casting call looking for martial artists for the movie and looking for people who fit the following profile:

a. Bulky/Muscular Combat fighter (Tall/big/muscular... Westerner, Wrestler)
    b. Western fighter - Martial art/weapon flight/Tae Kwon Do/Karate/Kickboxing/Kung Fu/Judo or any other kinds of specialties. May have many important fight scenes with Jet Li character. Need to have acting abilities
    c. Martial artists and fighters from all nationalities with different skills/fighting style

how will us whiteys fit in with teh storyline?

do we get to be evil portugese or british soldiers?

I would think all the kungfu guys would be chinese for authenticity seeing as it is highly unlikely there were any gwai lo in teh original jing mo school.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

how will us whiteys fit in with the storyline?

do we get to be evil portugese or british soldiers?
    That's a good question Kung Lek.

Here is Huo's biography inshort:

Huo Yuanjia was born into a wushu master's family in Dongguang County south of Tianjin. His father made a living by working as a bodyguard for wealthy people. As little Huo Yuanjia was very weak and often ill, his father decided not to teach him martial arts. Huo, however, was not discouraged. He determined to take martial arts as his career. Every day he watched his father and brothers practise wushu and imitated them secretly in the depths of the forest of date trees. Moved by his determination and hard-working spirit, his father started to teach him. In ten years, Huo learned the family's exclusive boxing and the essentials of other schools of boxing as well.

One day in 1890, a wushu master by the name of Du came from Henan Province to visit Huo's father. His manner provoked a trial of strength with the boxers of the family. Huo's brothers competed with him but were defeated. Then Huo fought with him. With one swift kick, Huo knocked his opponent to the ground. Thus Huo Yuanjia became famous in his village and the neighbouring areas.

During a performance in 1901, a Russian boxer said something which insulted the Chinese people. When Huo heard this, he mounted the platform and reprimanded him severely. Scared by Huo's bravery, the Russian boxer admitted his mistake and apologized. In the spring of 1909, an arrogant British boxer named O'Brien came to Shanghai and announced that he was willing to have a match with any Chinese. On learning this, Huo and his disciple Liu Zhensheng went to Shanghai to accept the challenge. He also advertised that he was ready to fight any foreign boxers. Startled by Huo's fearlessness, O'Brien left Shanghai quietly before the date of the match. This greatly enhanced the self-confidence and self-esteem of the Chinese people. Subsequently, Huo thought that if the Chinese people wanted to make their nation strong, they had to build up their bodies. For this purpose he set up a martial arts school where he served as the main coach. In 1910, with the school as the basis, the Chin Woo Athletic Association was established.

Many Japanese judo wrestlers in Shanghai grudged Huo Yuanjia his fame and success. They arranged competitions between Huo and some of the best judo athletes from Japan. However, all of them were defeated by his Chinese wushu master. After attending a peace-making dinner given by the Japanese judo wrestlers, Huo Yuanjia died on September 14, 1910. He is believed to have been poisoned at the banquet.

Although not as popular as Wong Fei Hung there have been a number of films made about thehero Huo Yuanjia.
    He is not familiar to many people, but suddenly became known to every household after a Hong Kong television series about his life and martial arts that was shown a few years ago.

Shanghai was a major port with trade to France, Great Britain, US, Germany, Holland, etc.
    So that's where the whiteys come in.

lol, so we get to be soldiers, traders or namby pamby boxers who back down all the time.

priceless.

it's all good. Jet's all about raising the spirits and pride of the peeps anyway. I'll just enjoy it for what it s when released.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

remember, it is a movie. it is not going to be historically accurate. It will all depend what's in the script. they can have Huo arrested in the film and forced to fight a british police officer, etc. hey, the guy who created defendu (?) was a british police officer keeping law and order in british conncession inside shanghai. He had to pick up some martial arts after being nearly killed by some triad gangsters. He could be the police officer fighting Huo in this "blood sport" story arc.

they can make all type of stuff up to make the movie more interesting.

Originally posted by South Paw
    Although not as popular as Wong Fei Hung there have been a number of films made about thehero Huo Yuanjia.
    He is not familiar to many people, but suddenly became known to every household after a Hong Kong television series about his life and martial arts that was shown a few years ago.

Shanghai was a major port with trade to France, Great Britain, US, Germany, Holland, etc.
    So that's where the whiteys come in.
    The Chinese title of Bruce Lee's 2nd movie, "Fist of fury" is actually "Jingwu School". The story is about revenging Huo yuanjia's death.

Jet Li had already made a previous movie in Chinese about Huo yuanjia which was released in west under the title, "Fist of legend".
    BE Happy!

Greetings,

I think it is great that Jet Li is going back to some of his earlier material. Since this is a prequel, there is a chance that he may not be in it.

Fist of Legend was left open ended, as with a few of his other movies. It would be nice if he would start doing sequels.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 01-01-2005 at 06:44 AM.

Originally posted by mickey
    Greetings,

I think it is great that Jet Li is going back to some of his earlier material. Since this is a prequel, there is a chance that he may not be in it.

Fist of Legend was left open ended, as with a few of his other movies. It would be nice if he would start doing sequels.

mickey
    dont remember once upon a time in china 2,3 and 6
    fong sai yuk 2?

but yeah kung fu cult master needs a sequal too
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.