Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IronMind catalogue

IronMind catalogue

I got the 2005 IronMind catalogue the other day and was flicking through it tonight. Wish I had $1,000,000 . Lots of goodies in there, including some new ones. Amongst other things, new CoCs @ 60lb and 80lb (the T is 100lb). This might be good for e.g. our women forum members. Otherwise, lots of awesome stuff. Things I'd like:

(i) the S-Cubed bar @ $329.95 + $60 S&H to the lower 48
    (ii) if I was really rich, a Buffalo bar as well for another $339.95 + $60.
    (iii) Eleiko setup. Just the cheap Training line, not the Competition line. Plates are only 25kg @ $289, 20kg @ $229, 15kg @ $189, 10kg @$159, 5kg @ $109, 2.5kg @ $99. Those prices are for one plate, not a pair.
    (iv) Elephant steps @ $449.95/pair + $85 S&H. I might actually make these once I get a welder. You could buy a lot of steel for $535.
    (v) The 4lb iron balls.
    (vi) hub style and block style pinch grippers. Again, I might make them when I get a welder.
    (vii) Apollon's Axle bar @ $179.95 + $50 S&H.
    (viii) Twist Yo' Wrist @ $34.95 for an alternative wrist roller.
    (ix) Holle-it-up dumbbell @ $74.95. This looks really interesting. Maybe KB fans would like this one.
    (x) Lastly, Hand Gripper Helpers. Looks like they took notice of Foo's complaint and offer a more progressive way to increase poundage on the CoCs. Actually, they look pretty sucky but I wouldn't mind trying them and they're cheap.

Will I actually be buying any of this? Nup. Not in the near future anyway. Some of the cheaper things might make their way onto the list next time I place an IronMind order, but I don't need anything from there at the moment. Plus, I'll make the easier stuff to make. Just need my angle grinder fixed and a welder.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Hey Tob's,

IronMind is REALLY over priced for all that stuff listed. You could look around the web and get it for a lot cheaper. Some of it isn't as high quality, but unless you're throwing 600 lbs on that buffalo bar, then it shouldn't make much of difference. I liked the new sandbag setup they had.

Lol! I know it's overpriced - I'm just daydreaming. Sandbag stuff? Missed it. *Flicks through again* Oh yeah, nice. Actually, that's something else I wouldn't mind - the $59.95 set. You got it?

One other thing I liked was the Snowballs. They'd be good for sitting around watching TV (which is why I mentioned the iron balls before). And I forgot the Draft Horse harness too.

I also love the photos in their catalogues. My favourite this time? Funnily enough, the one of Shannon Hartnett on p50. I usually don't like super-athletic women, but that's a nice shot that captures explosiveness very well.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Yep. Beautiful products. But you pay for them .

CoC

OK, I've read a bunch of the posts about CoC & hand/grip strength training and all... but until I clicked through that **** IronMind catalogue, it didn't smack me about convincing me that I just HAD to train this!!

****** and all my xmas $$$'s are already spent!!!

Tob's, Is that the girl throwing that thing is a KB 2-hand swing type motion? I remember it.

I've got the new catalogue as well.
    I have a small punching bag filled with about #100 sand so I use that to throw around and play with.
    I don't think they have very many new products that are any good. The gripper helpers are supposedly garbage, the new COC's are a gimic, more of a money grab, sort of like McDonalds and their healthy menu. Rubber bands for twelve bucks? Give me a break!
    I would definately pick up The Grip Master's Manual and that Sandbag training guide.
    Any one got any good ideas for working out with a sandbag?
    A unique snowflake

scrapper's sandbag death. that's always a fun one.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Ford, yep.

FSY, the CoC grippers are certainly cool. You might also like to look into the Ivanko grippers for an alternative, although I prefer the CoC ones personally. Most people start with a #T and a #1. I went with a #1 and #2 and no regrets although closing the #2 isn't easy. Nowadays closing the #1 is easy for me, so the #T would be too easy. When I first got it, the #1 was hard IIRC. The average person probably will underestimate the #1 the first time and not be able to do it. I've had a few people give mine a go and not close it. No-one has closed it on the first go (but I don't hang out with strength people - I'm talking family and friends here).

WinterPalm, I also felt that the new CoCs are gimmicky. They sort of demean the whole CoC thing IMHO. But like I said, they're probably ideally suited to our female forumites. I don't have the Grip Master's Manual, but I did get Brookfield's Mastery of Hand Strength. It's pretty cool with some good ideas that don't cost the earth.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    scrapper's sandbag death. that's always a fun one.
    working on figuring out the logistics for this one.

I want to get some smaller bags to hold 50lbs (1 bag) of sand each so I can load the duffel bag appropriately for each of my students...my smallest being a female about 5'3" and only 110 or so if I had to guess.

www.cheaperthandirt.com for cheap military surplus stuff.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I can't believe no one made a 4lb balls and 60lb CoC joke yet.

That being said, I wish they would make a slightly smaller CoC. Sometimes I have trouble holding the Coc in one hand because my hands aren't that big. Before I use the CoC, I usually have to help position it in my working hand with my other hand.

I hear that in their CoC closing certifications you can't use your other hand at all, even for setting it up! I guess I'm disqualified then.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

You can use the other hand but must show that a credit card width can fit between the handles before you close it.
    But the width of the handles really changes from gripper to gripper. OF all my gripper the trainer is the widest, then the #3, then the 2 and 1 but my #4 has the narrowest handle set so that it fits perfectly into my hand and is great for negatives.
    I'm about a quarter inch from closing the #3 and about an inch from the #4, is anyone close to the #3 that wants to have a friendly competition. We'd basically just post a pic of the closed gripper and assume honesty? I suppose we could use a set...
    A unique snowflake

^ Are you gonna submit it to Ironmind when you're done?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by WinterPalm
    is anyone close to the #3 that wants to have a friendly competition.
    Best I've done is 3 reps in a row with the #2 . Plus now I'm off training I'll probably go downhill.