Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IronMind catalogue

I train with a set. About half an inch past the credit card width. However, now that I train pretty hard with the #4 I am going to close the #3 sometime early next year and hopefully one year from now I will be able to certify with Ironmind.
    A unique snowflake

I don't get how the credit card fits? I once heard that it had to fit between the non-knurled rings that are halfway up the handles, but a credit card won't fit there on mine.

Seriously tho, if they made the handles a 1/2" closer together I would like them a lot better. I can barely get a grip on it now and it feels like it tears my skin off sometimes.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

The catalogue has the rules. It has to fit width-ways between the handles and the spring has to face up. You can use the other hand to position the gripper as long as you then take it off and use the other hand to slide the credit card width-ways in. Take the card out, judge signals OK and away you go.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

I didn't get the new catalog.

It has to go width-wise where? At the bottom? Or at the rings in the middle? And by "width-wise" you mean the short way and not the long way (length-wise), right?

Are credit cards the same size in Australia? I would assume so but since money varies I thought credit cards might, too.

Originally posted by IronFist
    I didn't get the new catalog.
    Maybe you don't spend enough money there . My wife gets some catalogues like that - if you don't order a certain amount, you stop getting catalogues.
    It has to go width-wise where? At the bottom? Or at the rings in the middle? And by "width-wise" you mean the short way and not the long way (length-wise), right?
    Yeah, otherwise I would've said length-wise . I presume it means width-wise between the ends of the handles, not the rings.
    Are credit cards the same size in Australia? I would assume so but since money varies I thought credit cards might, too.
    I think credit cards are the same worldwide. Otherwise you'd have to get special cards when you wanted to use your e.g. Oz Visa card in American ATMs and restaurant swipe-machines.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    just got my catalog today...some sweet stuff in there.

funny though, I just finally went and bought a dowel rod, and some rope and pulled an old biner out of my truck and made me a wrist roller for about 3 dollars...they had one for like 55.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Yeah, lots of it you can make yourself. Not CoCs, though. Nor lots of the metal stuff (well, you could if you were a metalworker). But yeah, cool stuff.

I did get the catalog. It got sent to my parents house instead of my apartment. Strange how this thread happened to get bumped right when I was about to post this in it, anyway.

PS. there was no pic of the credit card fitting in the CoC.

The new catalogue has a large picture of Ivan Chakarov's no-no-no squat. Not to sound like a dork, but I think I will cut it out and put it on my wall. That's my inspiration for squatting.

The only thing I don't like about the "no-no-no" picture is that it says "no-no-no," and has a pic of a guy doing a rock bottom squat. People might see that and interpret as meaning "no, no, no, don't squat this way! You need belts, wraps, and to only go down half way."

^ What he said. That's exactly what I thought when I first saw those Ironmind pics and shirts.

Yeah, it should say "no wraps, no belt, no suit" or whatever it stands for.

Or someone should make a shirt, and I think they may have made on already, that has a pic of a deep squatter on the back and it says "friends don't let friends squat high." How cool would that be?

PS. If that hasn't been made yet then I copyright it so screw you guys!!!11!11!11!1oneone!11!!1!!!