Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York City China Town

New York City China Town

KFM Members

Need some advice. A student of mine is going home for the holidays. She is a NYU graduate and knows China Town area well, she is Taiwanese. Can we get a recommendation of a store or stores that sell weapons? She is on a mission for herself and me. I have been out of the loop on purchasing chinese weapons, so this is open also to anyone in the United States. But for her sake, NYC China Town. Thank you in advance.

Two places that I can think of at the moment are Bok Lei Po 63A Mott Street and BLT Supplies 77 Mulberry Street. Hope this helps.

http://www.bokleipo.com
    http://www.bltsupplies.com
    Amithaba

Yu Shan
    Majority of the weapons out there are garbage. www.casiberia.com (I think) has the best weapons available to the common man (porr man). Hanwei forge designed by Paul Chen has the best/most affordable weapons out there. If you do not care for quality, get anything.

Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Hello Yu Shan,

3 Harmonies is correct. It's pretty hard to get stuff around here anymore. There is one store in the city you might want to check out that is actually better than the 2 mentioned. The name of the store is New Hope ( Goodland ) martial arts supplies. I was just there today. They've been around forever and they'll make special orders for you if necessary. You can also bargain with them and get some decent discounts.

Check out their website at http://www.goodlandmartialarts.com
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY

Thank you gentlemen for the info, I`ll pass this on to Miss Lin. Basically she is just looking for a fan, I`m teaching her a sweet fan form I learned while in Wah Lum.

Jake

I`ll be using your source for swords/knives after I saw what you have! High quality at an affordable price.

Talking Dear Santa,

Dear Santa,
    I have been a very good boy this year and I only want one thing. I really would love to find a Song Sword Set under the tree this year.

Thank you,
    Tommy

That is a great site, looks like quality stuff. I have seen so much cheep stuff or a lot of the same thing different handle. It is good to see good quality weapons are available.

PS: I have it on good authority Santa read the Mantis form. I heard him claim no one is more Northern then he.

Happy Holidays,

RibHit
    fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

loki

Thanks Bro, she has heard of some of these. Miss Lin will be moving back to NYC in 05, not real sure on her plans. She does go into Brooklyn and Queens. She has caught the bug if ya know what I mean. I need to think about her future in training.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yu shan, the dao on the casiberia site is just like mine. nice blade that I would fight with...if I thought I could really fight with a sword that is...

MY got it somewhere else but about $25 less than that.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Oso

I have seen you throw knives... glad your on my side.

Yu Shan,

It really depends on what you are looking for. I will agree that many of the bladed weapons are not of great quality but there are items that are pretty much standard like waxwood staves etc. If Ms. Lin is looking for a steel fan, then any of the listed places should do fine.

YM

Young Mantis

Thanks, we do not need much. I do need to send Ms Lin to a school in NYC. This is my main goal for her. She will be leaving Nashville and moving back to the City. This will be a future thread.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Yu, some of Seung Ga Faat's brother's are in NYC I think.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

www.bladematrix.com has discounted Paul Chen. Rumor has it they are so cheap Paul Chen will not talk to them directly because he feels they are underbidding. Either way, same blade, much less!

Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

ttt 4 our latest ezine article

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Greetings,

The article was ok for non New Yorkers. It was not too accurate for the New Yorkers who went to the theaters in Chinatown and on "The Deuce". It is as if the author is doing a cut and paste with other peoples memories and not his own.
    It is alright to be romantic about things, but be accurate when doing so. That forms a seamless connection between the work and the reader.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 09-11-2014 at 08:20 AM.