Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTN: New Authentic Shaolin Kung Fu School

KL is right...

Don't be punks. As the Honorable Robert Nesta Marley put it so humbly: While you point your finger... someone else is judging you.

Regardless of what degree someone is or the colors of his/her belt, it is not words and rank, but rather ACTIONS that matter. (although this guy must be a stud to be only a year older and a GrandMaster - sheesh, it's been 10 years steady practice for me and I'm still just a si-hing)

In any case, Qader Noorzad Sifu has demonstrated the competency of his skill by focusing his power not at an imaginary opponent, but rather the very real threat of destruction by the negligence and ego-centricism of warring factions.

As brother Gene once told me: "If you need to pick a fight to prove your martial skill, you're not looking hard enough. The battlefield of life provides plenty of opportunities..."

Obviously Wiseman299 has great respect and admiration for his instructor and wishes to spread the good word. There are worse ways to gain popularity in the news media (like a certain "father of iron palm in america" we all know...).

Be cool - 'tis the season of festivus.

regards

herb ox

I seriously thought this was a parody thread. However, seeing how u guys are serious, I look foreward to seeing ur website and more info.

Eighteen Degree.

Thats the problem. How often is there a rank abouve 10th?

The biggest givaway to someone who is not legitamate is an outragous rank at a young age (like grandmaster at 24) or unheard of ranks (like 18th degree)

The black belt rank system comes from japan. This 10th degree, in regards to traditional systems, is not reachable. It represents the aspect that you will never be done with martial arts. There is ALWAYS more to learn, no matter who you are. Some people have been awarded the 10th degree simply as a status symble showing that they are the top of there specific style. If you read the black belt magazine there are now many, many, many 10th degree black belts. This is not traditional. This is new. This came about during this last century. In chinese martial arts, especially traditional Shaolin there is not even a colored belt rank system. It has always been a sash worn for the main reason of keeping your midsection tight, due to the fact that power generates from the waist, your organs will take a beating without a tightly worn sash. The ranking system came about due to military and large scale teachings. As well as incorporation from other systems. Traditionally few deciples were chosen, no rank system nececcerry when you only have 5 students your entire life, right? But add about 50 or so students to that, this can become confusing.

One of my fav quotes.

"belts are to hold up your pants"
    ~bruce lee

This 18th degree is a system incorporated for this sifu's school, or branch of system. It is NOT universal. as we all know. But this may mean that he has reached a very high level in his style, so you cannot denounce it. It just can not be compared to other martial art rank or dan systems.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

so... you're saying the red/black belt combo doesn't even exist?

I was just about to place my order for mine!

brother ox

not at all, just saying this 18 levels, which i know at 32 he is not as the peak of martial arts which indicates he can reach maybe higher levels, is pretty unique to this style, since not really anyone else has ever even heard of 18 rank.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

Your going to order one???!?!?! not get promoted to one?? hmmm... interesting, i always get promoted then i get my belts for free. its much cheaper that way.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

I think my question got overlooked...

what style of taiji do you guys teach, who certified him, and what event was this world gold medal won at?

Originally posted by wiseman299

and to the last message I'm not sure where they retrieved the info on him. I believe some people have put the links on there post.
    We do have a website coming but it's under construction so it's not fully, if at all viewable.
    The information provided was for a dead link and an article about the good works of an Afghanistani Ex Pat. Neither made any major reference to Martial Arts that I saw. Please post the URL to your website as soon as it is minimally functional.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

herbox quotes me and Bob Marley in a single post

I'm honored by the quotes y'all remember of mine, especially the stuff about colons and nacho ninjettes. Too bad Marley was 'lifting" from Jesus.
    Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you (Matthew 7:1-7)
    As for my quote, I'll never tell who I was 'lifting'. I will claim "nacho ninjettes" as a Gene Ching original.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Generally speaking Chinese stylist tend not to rank themselves through a colored belt ranking system. The fact that you claimed your Master is 18th degrees of anything leads most of the traditional practitioners here to call BS on whatever style you might be an ambassador of. What is the name of the twelve animal based Northern style? Hsing Yi? Anyway I think in China nowadays there is a ranking system of the old living treasures but that system only goes up to 9 or something.
    Sorry to say have embarrassed your Master here and made yourself look rather silly.

Peace
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 12-22-2004 at 01:34 AM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Shaolin Tao Chan and i promise i will answer the questions tommorrow i haven't went to class because of an injury of trying to be a smart guy and practicing weapons outside in the snow, who knew there was ice under it. lol.

quote the truth

... wherever you can find it...

(name that one, Gene!)

brother ox

no actually i was getting ready for the tourney in atlantic city

no actually i was getting ready for the tourney in atlantic city Jan. 16th