Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Fox's training journal

Cheif, where do you live?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Originally posted by norther practitioner
    Cheif, where do you live?
    Colorado Springs.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

yeah.. lol, I had no idea, then I was like, hey, that is basically my weather report....

Chaser is up here for the time being too. Do you study with the black lotus people?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Yes I do. Are you Shaolin Center?

No /shudders/, I study with Christophe Clark, he teaches primarily taiji now.. but I do mostly Northern Shaolin Long Fist.. I used to compete in the local karate tournies against you guys....
    practice wu de

I've only been with Black Lotus for 2 years and I've only been to one to karate tournament. I didn't like the whole point sparring deal. Didn't feel very "real" to me. I did come in second in forms for my age group though.

It would be interesting to get together sometime to share some ideas.

The thought of the Shaolin Center makes me shudder too.

Tuesday: 01/11/2005
    Ran 4 miles.

Notes: Wow! What a day! It's awesome out there right now. That was a good run. I ran on the trail by the creek that goes through town. Pretty much just a flat run. It felt good to get out of the office. Now I can face all the political BS with a smile. Hip flexor was just a little sore during the run. I think I'm working through what ever it is.

Tomorrow: I do forms and then a full body workout at lunch.

I don't spar at those things.. they suxor...

I enjoy doing forms either way, it is foggy as hell up here today.
    practice wu de

there's insane amounts of snow falling. today wed.12
    I wish i had a training blog too,
    sorry to hijack

What a difference a day makes. We have horizontal snow right now. I'm glad my workout is indoors today.

Wednesday: 01/12/2004
    Today I worked on forms for 30 minutes. (I wish I had 2 hours to work on them) then I did two quick circuts of 10 pullups, 10 dips and 10 lunges. Then I did my normal ratator cuff work.

My shoulder is acting up the past couple days. I guess I woeked it pretty hard last week.

Tonight I might go to kung fu if all the schedules work out.

tomorrow is running day and possibly kung fu at night. Like I said, I need to work on my forms.

Thursday: 01/13/2005
    Today I ran 3.5 miles in red rock canyon 40°. A hilly course and I ran it in 34 min. I'd like to get that down around 31 min come spring time. For now I'm just putting in base mileage.

Notes: My right hip flexor is still a little sore but it isn't bothering me nearly as much as it was. Weather was chilly and clear. Very little snow on the trail and it was all dry. So you can't beat that in the middle of January.

Tonight I have kung fu class. I'm looking forward to working on my forms some more. I also need to spar.

I just bought a Yoga DVD. Thought I wold give it a try so this morning my daughter and I did sunrise yoga. It was pretty cool. A good way to start the day I think. I'll stick with it for a while and see how I feel.

Tomorrow is forms practice and a full body workout.

Saturday: 1/15/2005
    Today I had Tai Chi and then my kung fu class right after. I haven't been in class since last saturday. Felt good to be there and was actually able to spar for a few rounds. My tai chi is improving very slowly. I'm still only 1/3 of the way through the form but I know it a bit better.

In kung fu class there was this guy there. he shows up about every 6 months or so and hes a black belt in some style of Karate or Kempo or something. Anyway, he's got this attitiude like he just knows everything. It really bothers me and some of the other students. I sparred him today and I'm not sure if he was taking it easy or what but the fight was not going his way. I don't know this just tells me that I still have a lot to learn. This guy shouldn't bother me so much. Not sure why he does. Maybe I feel like I've paid my dues at this school and he hasn't. I don't know, lets just leave it at, I still have a lot to learn.

Notes: My running has been going really well. My shoulder and knee are both felling pretty good. I didn't workout yesterday. Had some personal stuff to take care of at lunch and just wanted to go home after work. It's ok though because I felt like I was really able to push myself at class today.

I think I may run tomorrow. I may even give one of my class mates a call to work on wooden dummy a bit.

Monday: 1/17/2005
    Today I swam 800 yards. I have no idea what my time was because I forgot to set my watch. I swam 1 of the 100s in 1:55. So that's about as fast as I swam last time. I didn't feel so winded this time around. My form must be improving.

I didn't run yesterday. I decided that I would be a slug all day. I did watch Jackie Chan Drunken Master though. So that was cool.

I missed two workouts last week. One because I had worked out 8 days in row and needed the rest and another for personal stuff. I guess that's not too bad. This week I intend to complete my whole schedule.

Monday: Swim 800 yards
    Tuesday: Run 3.5 miles & Kung Fu class at night.
    Wednesday: Forms practice and full body workout.
    Thursday: Run 4 miles & Kung Fu at night
    Friday: Forms practice and full body workout.
    Saturday: Tai Chi and Kung Fu class.

Notes: After reading Foo Fighter's post today I did some looking around on the web about Circular strength and clubbells. I think I'm gong to make one and try out a workout or two just to see what it's like.

Right now my routine is ok but there are things missing that I would like to incorporate.
    1. I don't do enough bag work. I have a heavy bag in my garage and need to start using it more.
    2. Wooden dummy work. I also have a wooden dummy that I would like to work on more.
    3. I also have a set of power rings at home that I don't use enough. I would like to add these to my work out as well.

I may eliminate my full body workout on friday's at lunch and just work on forms at that time. So I can do a full body wokrout at home using the equipment I have there. i may try this for a few weeks and see how I feel.

Tomorrow I run.

I always wondered if those weights baseball players put on their bats while they're on deck would be an easier work around as opposed to shelling out dough for club bells.

hey, while i've got all you colorado folks here:
    I've got a buddy who's been in gymnastics his whole life. He's real good; but can't compete coz there's not many options for him as an adult- so he really misses it. He seemed somewhat receptive to looking into wushu. I was wondering if any of you denver area folks could help him out. Sorry to hijack, please pm or email me if you've got any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting