I met with herbox last friday and he gave me this delightful tin of Chinese cough drops. It occurred to me that I really like Chinese cough drops. They've often got a nice herbal mix that's every effective. So I'm starting this thread to review cough drops. In China, you cough a lot in the cities.

Golden Throat (quiet clear spring sweets) - these are popular around Shaolin and one of my favs. Very cooling flavor and reminiscent of vicks but with more kick - I feel like one of those breath mint commercials. Not sure what's in them. I've never bothered to translate the Chinese - besides it'd probably scare me. They are little yellow lozenges and come in a little cardboard box.

Shenfeng herbal throat soothing candy - this the award for the coolest tin - rounds, with a beautiful Chinese pattern and this snap-tight lid, with individually sealed lozenges inside. It's loquat syrup based, plus honey and menthol. Very tasty and soothing.

Wang Lao Ji Herbal Candy - this is what herbox turned me on to. Sugar, trumpet flower seed, knotweed leaf, liquorice root, menthol. For some reason, the flavor reminds me of Ban Lan Gen slightly with an herbal rooty taste underneath the sugar. They're very effective.