Thread: Chow Yun Fat in Pirates of Carribean 2?

Chow Yun Fat in Pirates of Carribean 2?

A Hollywood carpenter buddy of mine just sent me this:

Hong Kong action star Chow Yun-fat is set to play a pirate in the upcoming sequels to last year's hit Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, the French AFP wire service reported. The wire service cited a report in the Chinese-language Apple Daily newspaper, which quoted Chow's wife, Jasmin Chan Wui-nin, as saying Chow will play the famous 15th-century Chinese pirate Cheung Po Tsai in the second and third installments.

Chow will team up with members of the original cast, including Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush and Keira Knightley, the AFP reported. Rolling Stone legend Keith Richards will also play the father of Depp's character, Capt. Jack Sparrow, the wire service reported.

Chan said both the movie's producer and director contacted Chow's management company in the United States two months ago, and director Gore Verbinski flew to Hong Kong last week to discuss the screenplay with Chow, the Apple Daily reported.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs up Cool

...but Keith Richards? He STILL doesn't know he's dead already?
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Re: Chow Yun Fat in Pirates of Carribean 2?

Originally posted by GeneChing
    , Geoffrey Rush
    Didn't his character die?

I mean, he became mortal again, got a bullet through the heart and collapsed.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Yeah, I thought so too?
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

I wonder how his fight scenes will be.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Chow fights

You know, Chow Yun Fat was never really known for his fight scenes in Hong Kong. He was known for his gun play. That's not to say he didn't produce a few good fights in his day, but he's not a trained martial artist per se, just like Zhang Ziyi isn't really a martial artist. They've been trained since for their roles, but that's not where their charisma lies. All Hong Kong actors and actresses have to be able to do fight scenes - it's a cultural difference perhaps.

As for Chow's best fight scene, I'd have to say it was in Treasure Hunt (1994) - that was a bizarre sleeper of a film, set in Shaolin Temple. Chow does a great send up of Bruce Lee, fighting off the monks in the mess hall.

And just because a character dies, doesn't mean they can't reappear in flashback or something. Just look at Obiwan. Or look at Chow's Better Tomorrow series. Don't be so unimaginative.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Death

Dudes,
    Get to know Hollywood. They are not going to let a little thing like death get between them and money. You can bank on that!
    ~The table saw is my weapon of
    choice

straight from the source...

....spoken like a true hollywood carpenter...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips