Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Footage

Video Footage

Hello all,

This is a thread that will be about the topic of sharing footage of the KFO members!

So! We all know the names, and their writing, but the big question is!!!!!!!!

Who would you like to see in action???

Here is your chance! hehehe

Name some names!

Here is my list!

Someone from Ken Chung's group! Planet WC or Kathy.

Someone from Ho Kam Ming's/Fong's group! Joy.

Someone from Leung Ting's group. Knifefighter

Someone from Robert Chu's group. Terence

Someone from Lun Gai's (YM Foshan student) group. ???

Someone from Eddie Chong's Pan Nam group. ???

Stuff from our Canadian Yuen Kay San group. Rene

More stuff from Gary Lam's group. Ernie

Thats good for me!

Anyone else?

If you are not willing to participate please do not give us a list! This should be for those who are willing to participate.

Gotta run!
    Jim

I'm willing, if I can figure out how to do it! I'm like many that don't have great techno skills.

Keith

Thumbs up heh

Well I think footage of me doing a set might be boring.

Let me look through my footage and see if I can find something of me doing sparring or chi-sao and I'll post it.

Might take a bit to find, but I'll work on it.
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

I'd like to see videos from:

1) Ernie
    2) Andrew Nerlich
    3) Dhira (KenWingJitsu)
    4) AndrewS
    5) Dale Frank (Knifefighter)
    6) SevenStar
    7) Phil Redmond
    8) Terence Niehoff
    9) Keith (KPM)
    10) Joy
    11) Rene Ritchie
    12) Gary Lam

And I agree with Dale that we should be looking at something more competitive than forms, drills, or chi sao.

I'd like to see Jim and Victor live and on video

and also

1. Robert Chu
    2. Rene Ritchie
    3. Benny Meng

and old tapes of all Ving Chun Masters (from past century)

I'd like to see some footage from the so called "fighters" on this forum. Ernie has lots of footage but mostly about chi-sao and such (I haven't been to his site lately though so I may be wrong), but nothing on the training methods he talks about so that would be cool. I have footage of Victor P but from along time ago. Dale and Terence would be nice to see since they talk the most. And also some footage of the HFY WC system to which I haven't seen any yet...

James

Re: Video Footage

Originally posted by Jim Roselando
    Hello all,

This is a thread that will be about the topic of sharing footage of the KFO members!

So! We all know the names, and their writing, but the big question is!!!!!!!!

Who would you like to see in action???

Gotta run!

Hi Jim, for those that are able to film themselves (as opposed to providing previously shot footage) it might be nice to decide what it is you want to see "in action"? Maybe a defined application/scenerio/etc. will make it easyer for people to contribute and for further discussion.
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

Hiya Marty!

How are you?

Good point!

But! I think it is going to be hard enough to get people to participate so for now lets just send in any footage

"""EXCEPT FORMS"""

NO FOOTAGE OF FORMS DEMO"S PAAAALEASE!!!!!!

If all goes well we can can move forward with different ideas, like yours, and stuff in the future.

Just my thoughts for now which is based on the how difficult it is to get any large group of people to do anything together! hehe

Are you up for it?

Regards,
    Jim

Originally posted by Jim Roselando
    Hiya Marty!

How are you?

Hi Jim, pretty good. Just getting together money to get the old car fixed, it's on it's last leg. Your self?

Good point!

But! I think it is going to be hard enough to get people to participate so for now lets just send in any footage

"""EXCEPT FORMS"""

If all goes well we can can move forward with different ideas, like yours, and stuff in the future.

Just my thoughts for now which is based on the how difficult it is to get any large group of people to do anything together! hehe

Are you up for it?

Regards,
    Sure, I'm up for it. I already have some "slide" sets taken from action (not choreographed) up on my site that I had been sharing.

I guess my next question is - what method of sharing the videos did you have in mind? Participants put it up on their own sites, is there someone offering to host, or did you have an actual physical video in mind?
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

Hey Marty,

Hi Jim, pretty good. Just getting together money to get the old car fixed, it's on it's last leg. Your self?

Hangin in there. Holiday! Nothing like them! hehehe

Sure, I'm up for it. I already have some "slide" sets taken from action (not choreographed) up on my site that I had been sharing.

Ah! Thats cool! Didn't know that. Will check them out.

I guess my next question is - what method of sharing the videos did you have in mind? Participants put it up on their own sites, is there someone offering to host, or did you have an actual physical video in mind?

Someone said there is a site in the UK that will post the stuff for free. I have zero computer skills so I cant really help on that end but since there is a site that will already place it for us then why not start there.

Seems like the easiest option for now.

Take care!
    Jim

"""EXCEPT FORMS"""

LOL perfect

well , i already share alot of video via email with people and i have been shooting video for the last few months [ crippled arm and all ]

but it's for my new website alot of reference material

so i'll pop stuff on the site

James , i have free sparring and timing light sparring stuff on video , if you really want to see me move , but the wing chun police will go nuts

same with stick and knife sparring and helmet work

these are all methods i'm researching and playing around with for the pure fun of it

but again all the arm chair robots will flip there cpu's

so down the line maybe i'll just email you some clips

i also have alot of new Gary video he is helping me with my site as well so there will be a section for him

i have a digital camera that shots video with me at ever training session so there will be alot of stuff in the future

who do i want to see , i would love to see anyone in a live enviroment , working off a boxer or kick boxer

no need to go all out just to see how people transend the training system in to live application

that would be fun and honest , dudes doing chi sau are well dudes doing chi sau
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

ernie

you b@st*rd you have footage of you sparring etc and you have not hooked me up?

No egg nogg for you!

At best I'm going to have footage of either free for all chi-sao (not just poon sau rolling)--but no challenge match or hard core sparring stuff.

That would only happen when we finally meet and we get video of you handing me my b^tt.

Geezers gone wild sort of thang.

Just funnin. But hook me up on the training stuff man!
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

Re: ernie

Originally posted by planetwc
    you b@st*rd you have footage of you sparring etc and you have not hooked me up?

No egg nogg for you!

At best I'm going to have footage of either free for all chi-sao (not just poon sau rolling)--but no challenge match or hard core sparring stuff.

That would only happen when we finally meet and we get video of you handing me my b^tt.

Geezers gone wild sort of thang.

Just funnin. But hook me up on the training stuff man!
    first of all who you calling a geezer i'm a very young slightly balding 37 year old with a bad arm

second , hey it might be me on by back looking up at you with a big $hit eating grin saying good job , now pick me up and buy me sushi

as for the video stuff man hit me on a email i might send a something your way

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Wink

Yeah!...The Wing Chun "police(s)" and armchair robots would really like to see what our tough forum fighters can do!...Let us see at last that savage fighting vs agressive and resisting opponents in a live and dynamic environment.No more forum noise.Time to show the world the stuff and how special a breed you are.
    We...(the wing chun "police(s)") and robotoids out there are ready to be amazed but we all have seen a lot of boxing,grappling and kickboxing already so try to surprise us a little bit!...
    Last edited by old jong; 12-21-2004 at 02:29 PM.

well officer Jong

i would love to well um,,,,,,,,,,,, see anything from the this is good wing chun camp

so that i might be saved from my wrong and evil ways

edit in --- i got it i'll sit in my SLT for an hour and blow your socks off