Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Footage

The "good wing chun camp" is not the one who started all this noise!...You (generic term) dressed the table!... Time to eat!...

Originally posted by Ernie

edit in --- i got it i'll sit in my SLT for an hour and blow your socks off

Well you at least have to make it interesting then. How about a rule that if people want to do forms they have to do it in interesting locations and such? I'd love to see someone do their SNT in hurricane winds, or at the running of the bulls in Barcelona.
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

Originally posted by old jong
    The "good wing chun camp" is not the one who started all this noise!...You (generic term) dressed the table!... Time to eat!...
    Not my table bro
    i walk my own path owe nothing to no person , lineage,art or historical figure

i leave that for the crazy [ limited]people

but since this is a video sharing link since you opened your mouth i guess you will be contributing to express your views or are we just making noise again
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Originally posted by martyg
    Well you at least have to make it interesting then. How about a rule that if people want to do forms they have to do it in interesting locations and such? I'd love to see someone do their SNT in hurricane winds, or at the running of the bulls in Barcelona.

i would love to see it in the middle of a boxing ring while a boxer walks up and just knocks the dude out , how funny would that be

or for the adventure types on a surf board carving a big wave

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Originally posted by Ernie

or for the adventure types on a surf board carving a big wave
    And just what did you think tan sao was for?
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

Ernie!
    It would be the perfect opportunity to show us how you actually "drop" people!...But I will respect your table choice.I will also respect any of our "fighters" if they produce a real fighting clip,but I doubt it will happen.The loudest they talk,you know!...
    As for fighting,anybody can do it.The only thing not garranteed is winning.A martial art is a tool to be used if needed (But it can be a lot more!).I don't treat fighting lightly and I don't need to show off a big persona or ego character on the internet.
    I'll shut my mouth now.

http://www.chez.com/baseweb/chisao.htm

If you like to spar, this could happen to you...
    I posted this link of my old french coaches two years ago in this forum. Consider this my first offering! =)

Originally posted by old jong
    Ernie!
    It would be the perfect opportunity to show us how you actually "drop" people!...But I will respect your table choice.I will also respect any of our "fighters" if they produce a real fighting clip,but I doubt it will happen.The loudest they talk,you know!...
    As for fighting,anybody can do it.The only thing not garranteed is winning.A martial art is a tool to be used if needed (But it can be a lot more!).I don't treat fighting lightly and I don't need to show off a big persona or ego character on the internet.
    I'll shut my mouth now.
    Droping people is no big deal any ounch or kick from any art or non art can do this , hell bumping your head into a wall could do it

being dropped is not a big deal either unless you have an ego , i still get dropped , locked , choked all the time

But jong i only care for training methods , funny i just got off the phone with Andrew S and like every conversation we have we share training methods and results , both for ourselves and the people we train

now mind you we are from different [ lineage ]

and have different idea's on how to use wing chun , we have sparred each other pretty hard and both been better for it

he has shown me things i use and i hope to have done the same for him

this is all about sharing and being honest , not some back seat arm chair know it all but never experienced much wing chun zombie that just sounds like a sifu says parrot [ i'm being general ]

If , Andrew , Dhira , You were prepping for a fight i would do everything in my power to help in some way , no lineage lines

or if some one needed to research something i do or have learned , dude i'm down to help no strings attached

this is how my world works

the fighter non fighter wing chun police world is just a Reality TV show i watch

a game of words and self importance

Cool

"Yeah!...The Wing Chun "police(s)" and armchair robots would really like to see what our tough forum fighters can do!...Let us see at last that savage fighting vs agressive and resisting opponents in a live and dynamic environment.No more forum noise.Time to show the world the stuff and how special a breed you are." (OJ)

Oh yeah....I forgot to mention....

13) Michel (Old Jong)

Even if Number 13 is an unlucky number...

I still want to see what one of the most vocal members of the wing chun police can do!

Who knows....maybe I'll join the force.

Yeah....right! LOL.

I know that there have been some bad rep between our Tom and Jerry Camps, but I did see quite a few times on Ernie's private clips how he can drop people quite impressively! This thread is interesting and I look forward to see other people's stuffs! =D

Originally posted by PaulH
    I know that there have been some bad rep between our Tom and Jerry Camps, but I did see quite a few times on Ernie's private clips how he can drop people quite impressively! This thread is interesting and I look forward to see other people's stuffs! =D

Hey Paul thanks for the kind words, but this really is not about me, I don't consider myself all billybada$$ or the keeper of the holy wing Chun grail

I just love to train and investigate

It really trips me out how finite some people get like what are they so worried about

Don’t see what the big deal is

I respect if you want to keep your stuff to yourself not everybody can look good on film, and wing chun is such a compact art and quick something sometimes felt more then seen

Even when I put my stuff out it’s more for the fun and excitement, my personal expression, how I use my training not how my training uses me

But if I were to demo something specific from the training system then I would have to be correct in my motion for that particular idea

If I’m just playing then that is what is represented

And if I am fighting then that will have a different look

As long as people can separate the different expressions

Personal use
    Demo
    Playing
    Fighting

Then it can be fun

Problem happens when people have a limited filter and try and use one view to represent all things
    Last edited by Ernie; 12-21-2004 at 05:18 PM.

I agree. I think the thread is more of a taste of the others. Hopefully, the clips will be fun, playful, and interesting. =)

Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
    "Yeah!...The Wing Chun "police(s)" and armchair robots would really like to see what our tough forum fighters can do!...Let us see at last that savage fighting vs agressive and resisting opponents in a live and dynamic environment.No more forum noise.Time to show the world the stuff and how special a breed you are." (OJ)

Oh yeah....I forgot to mention....

13) Michel (Old Jong)

Even if Number 13 is an unlucky number...

I still want to see what one of the most vocal members of the wing chun police can do!

Who knows....maybe I'll join the force.

Yeah....right! LOL.
    LOL! Why should I do something like that?...I'm not among those talking the big tough guy talk around here!...I'm not among those with something to prove around here!...Don't you think?...

BTW,I have my own reasons to be "vocal". As one of the most "vocal" of the tough talk category you must understand that this is not your personal forum...I hope!

Cool

And because I recognize that it's not my own personal forum - I'm inviting you to participate in the video montage.

Come on now...don't be shy!

Ok!

Is this everyone? Where are the rest of the KFO keyboard warriors? Tisk Tisk!

Newbies willing to participate:

Me, David W., Victor, Marty, Kieth

Others willing to send in more footage:

Ernie, James

Is everyone going to send in footage to that site in the UK for Jan 1, 2005?

Is that agreed upon?

Regards,
    Jim