Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Footage

Originally posted by old jong
    And I thank you for your help!...How could I have done this without the expertise and tricks of the trade by a real pro in the crossdressing field. Thanks again Ernie!...
    BTW,could you PM me on makup?...I need more of your experience in that area.I hate to look like a *****!
    hey stay away from red blush it doesn't go well with pale leather

can i borrow your silk slippers
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Anytimes Ernie as long as you give me the brand of your mascara.BTW,I was wondering if I should get a hair transplant.I would like to be able to grow a Boztepe poney tail like your's!...
    Ciao Cherie!...

Originally posted by Jim Roselando
    HELLOOOOOOO?

ANYONE HOME?
    I'm in.

Jim:

One of my students informed me tonight that she knows how to take a video and transfer it by way of an attachment to an email that will open up on QUICKTIME...so I'll be filming some fresh stuff on video and sending it in...competitive contact sparring with protective gear...and might even include a MMA flavor to it...(ie. - Traditional Wing Chun mixed with Catch Wrestling)...takedowns...ground/standing controls...submission holds...coming off standup Wing Chun.

Can't promise that it will be sent in by January 1, 2005...but hopefully shortly thereafter.

Let me know by pm exactly where I have to send it to.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 12-22-2004 at 08:28 PM.

Victor: do you mix Wing Chun with other MA techniques? like: BJJ, Grappling, Tae Kwon Do, Aikido etc? Just asking...

Derek:

Yes...I mix Wing Chun primarily with Catch-as-catch-can Wrestling...

and also with a few Western boxing moves...and a few Muay-Thai knees and elbows and judo throws from the clinch.

But about 90% of the standup I do is Traditional Wing Chun.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 12-22-2004 at 11:51 PM.

Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
    But about 90% of the standup I do is Traditional Wing Chun.
    So, this will probably be the unveiling of the first footage of WC being used in a hard sparring/fighting situation. Will you be sparring it against your student who was the golden gloves boxer?

Rich Alvarado was taught boxing by his cousin - who fought Golden Gloves.

But Rich hasn't been to class in about 8 months; however, he did email me recently to say that he'll be returning to class after the holidays.

If so...then I might tape something with him. As of right now, I'm planning to tape with two other guys - one of whom is my most senior student - and has a better overall fight game than Rich...although Rich is very good at what he does.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 12-22-2004 at 11:14 PM.

I thought that Wing Chun is so universal method of fighting, that we dont need to mix anything into.

My example: Im trying to find everything in system without mixing. I do not practise BJJ, Muai Thai, Aikido etc...

I belive that Wing/Weng Chun includes all techniques.

Originally posted by VingDragon
    I thought that Wing Chun is so universal method of fighting, that we dont need to mix anything into.

My example: Im trying to find everything in system without mixing. I do not practise BJJ, Muai Thai, Aikido etc...

I belive that Wing/Weng Chun includes all techniques.
    And I for one think that's totally valid. I think that it's up to everyone to grow as an individual. I too think that the door of the kwoon should always be open to let light (other knowledge) shine in.

I don't think that Wing Chun has every technique in every other system (I don't know if that was what you were saying...), but I would like to believe and I would like to take the time to find the answers to defending other systems solely with my Wing Chun. Huge endeavor.

Sincerely,
    Kenton/Couch
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
    If so...then I might tape something with him. As of right now, I'm planning to tape with two other guys - one of whom is my most senior student - and has a better overall fight game than Rich...although Rich is very good at what he does.
    So, it will be WC vs. WC? If that is the case, I guess that's better than nothing. However, what I would like to see from somebody is WC against a halfway skilled boxer or Muay Thai guy. If someone can pull that off, then I will be sold on the effectiveness of the system.

Originally posted by VingDragon
    .I belive that Wing/Weng Chun includes all techniques.
    Somebody's been brainwashed.

then I will be sold on the effectiveness of the system.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trolls again. Wing chun is not a collection of techniques and not merely theory. It has been tried and continues to evolve in good hands. All skeptics should do mma zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 12-23-2004 at 11:56 AM.

Hey Joy!

Are you going to participate in the Video Clip event?

It would be nice if more of the senior members of this board would be willing to!

It will give us all a lot to chit chat about and fun to see everyone in action a bit!

Jim

Originally posted by Jim Roselando
    Are you going to participate in the Video Clip event?
    Of course he's not. That would expose him.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 12-23-2004 at 11:11 PM.