Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New kung fu workout plan. Opinions?

After reading Speed Training, I would have a speed period, but I wouldn't approach it haphazardly. You really need to know what you're doing to properly tailor a training program that emphasizes speed since there're so many facets to pay attention to. If you get the book, you can just choose an exercise for every type of speed, I think Christensen devides speed into five sections or so, and then drill those five exercises as part of every training day.
    Bodhi Richards

OK. I just placed an order for the Speed training book. I ordered Pavel's power to the people, super-joints and bullet proof abs too. Maybe I'll get few ideas there. They better be worth all the hype...

Originally posted by premier
    I ordered Pavel's power to the people, super-joints and bullet proof abs too. Maybe I'll get few ideas there. They better be worth all the hype...
    They're alright. Expensive, but some good ideas. I follow PTP and do Jandas, full-contact twists and ab rollers from the BPA book. Sometimes I'll stretch using SJ and RIS exercises.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo