Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bung Bo apps

Bung Bo apps

The Bear Hug thread is wandering off into apps for a section of Bung Bo so I thought I would kick off a new thread for this discussion.

At the end of the first run you turn and execute a right kick behind the left leg. First off, anyone have a name for this kick?

lee kam wigs book refers to this technique as rear treasure plucking. Not sure how good of a translation that is.

Its app (in the book) is to take the opponent off balance. I dont think that is very applicable to stand on one leg and put it behind the other to try to take someone who is in a solid bo stance off balance.

Prabably a basic explanation for the book.

Hua lin

What is the app for this in your bung bo?

Do you have another version of bung bo? If so which?

18 elders

still interested in your app for this technique.

Names and applications

The mentioned Technique is called:

Bui Tek Ma - the stance or kick (transl.: Back Kick)
    Yam Yong Jeung - the Hand Movement (Positive/Negative Palm - Yin Yang)

Together the technique is named "Rear treasure plucking".

For the application: First you push aside a coming attack and counter with a palm strike at the same time. While doing so you also kick at the kneecap or to the groin.
    It is applicable because of the momentum that you concentrate your opponents attention to your hands. The kick than is quite surprising.

I once applied this move in a sparring session at my opponent while he was avoiding a punch from me with a sidestep. The kick went straight to his groin and some first aid was necessary .... I felt really sorry!

Sayloc: off balance you force the opponent with the following move: baak wong ching haak - invitation of the mighty king!
    You grap your opponents arm and go back in Ma Bo while applying an armbar and pluck.
    Last edited by German Bai Lung; 12-29-2004 at 11:19 AM.
    If you can´t change the world - change yourself!
    And if you can´t change yourself: change YOUR world!
    ---
    My YouTube Site

rear treasure plucking

Dont you love the names of some techn.! Did you make this one up 46? Juz kidden now.

One way:

The kicker applies the kick to shin/knee while slapping either face/chest/stones... at sametime. In a hurry, I`ll be back.

Thanks GBL, I figured the app was something like that. Seems like they had a little trouble trying to get the point across on certain things like that. I am in total agreement with you and yushan on the apps.

GbL

What technique is invitation to a mighty king?

Fascinated with the poetic names for the techniques.

I would be glad to compenstae you for your time for any of these "poetic names out of bung bo.

Yushan, I just make it up as I go!

sayloc

used as GBL has describled, also can apply as a take down

Originally posted by sayloc

What technique is invitation to a mighty king?

Fascinated with the poetic names for the techniques.

I would be glad to compenstae you for your time for any of these "poetic names out of bung bo.
    Hi Sayloc,

Baat Wong Ching Haak or Seung Fung Sau (Double-grabbing Hand) is the following technique, when you go back in horse-riding stance.

BTW

Tong Long Bou Sin (Mantis catches the cicarda) = Seung Diu Sau Kwa Fu Bou (3rd technique of bung bo)

Greetings from Germany!

German Mantis

Thank you sir!

I love your country, It is beautiful!

Great topic what about this app?

3rd move, how do you use it?

I notice in alot of the videos posted that this motion is very ...how do I say....short..... small....almost not there...so what is your app for this?

Is it a full move or just a transitional move?
    Last edited by WhiteMonkey; 12-29-2004 at 03:25 PM.
    Real Masters dont post on Forums.

White monkey if I'm thinking of the same tactic, I concider it the second move in the set though, after the LH block RH punch in the cat stance. Well here is one ap.

The opponent throws a left right punch combination. You slap with your RH at his Lwrist, your LH wedges from underneath. (That is the first motion that is done almost at the same time, it starts the figure eight motion you see). Then comes his RH punch, after you LH wedge (this is where the second part of the figure 8 motion comes in) you circle your R arm over and grab is R wrist, your left arm circles over and at the same time your body steps back into a cat stance and you execute an arm bar with your left arm attacking his right elbow.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by shirkers1; 12-29-2004 at 03:55 PM.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

sayloc
    Wah Lum does the move the same as the Pong Lai Bung Bo so the app would be pretty much the same as yu shan and GBL mentioned. I guess you guys are better with the kick than I am. My foot doesn't get very high (ruling out groin attack) or very far with any amount of power (lead leg needs to be very close which is why I see it used against Chut Sing Ma). I also feel awkward and don't like exposing my back like that unless I continue all the way around. Seems to me if you can reach the groin he's so close the hands are past the target.

Sorry I don't have a definite answer but I haven't learned Big Mantis (Wah Lum's Bung Bo) yet. For some reason the core mantis sets are at the higher levels of Wah Lum.

GBL
    Thanks for the technical info. Rear Treasure Plucking sounds like a groin shot to me.

Is the LH block and RH punch counted as one move or two?

Thanks shirkers1, but thats not the move, thats move #2 .

The move after that with the left palm strike,#3, with the hoping step, before move #4, the forward right hand punch?

How do you use it ?

Is it a full move or just a transitional move?

What is your target when used?

Why the step?
    Last edited by WhiteMonkey; 12-29-2004 at 08:02 PM.
    Real Masters dont post on Forums.

The 3rd move is a palm strike to the chest.

It is a full move. After move No. 2, use the left back hand to push away (outer) a right hand slap or grap of the opponent and then stomp up to deliver the chest strike with the same hand.

The stompping is like a re-coil, to harvest all our energy and deliver it through the palm.
    Last edited by MantisCool; 12-29-2004 at 08:33 PM.

Hualin,

Do you train in Pong lai also or know their bung bo? Do they teach the 7 star bung bo? I have read on the forum of a laiyang and a yantai bung bo. Is it one of them?

Tha master of that system seems to have done some very extensive training. I like the fact that you can see all of the masters teachers on the web site. Looks very indepth.

Like to learn some of that some day.

Do a forum search on your big mantis. I can remember reading some very in depth info on that here.

oops

sorry white monkey for some reason I was thinking of gbl's 3rd move and that stuck.

I think of it as a sticky hand motion, trapping down on the opponents right hand/arm with your left hand. As you step through you block with your LH to his RH attack and you punch to the chest area. All the while eating up his ground.

I've seen the first hand motion as an outward block then cross over to the right side to block the opponents LH as you step through to the punch as well. Just depends on your teacher I guess.

If you look at my bung bo video you can see the rolling sticky hands I'm speaking of.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg