Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mantis in/around Winter Park Florida

Mantis in/around Winter Park Florida

Hey, does anyone here know of a good mantis(or other CMA) schools in this area? Just figured I'd ask here, since there seems to be good Florida representation on this board

mantis

There is a pong lai school in lakeland, a little drive but not too bad(we have a guy who drives from gainesville to train with us).

contact shrfu mike at: 813-719-9892

Also, Wah Lum. Several schools in the central Fla. area.

Check my reply on the main board, too.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Central Florida has quite a bit of MA these days. In fact the whole state seems saturated.

Email me at hualinmantis@yahoo.com, let me know your interest (or friend's) and I'll give you the lowdown on what's available around here.

Baji Brad

Hua Lin is right about Florida, lots to choose from. George Kee is in this area right? Sorry 18 Elders, your pushing it asking a competent person to drive from North Orlando (kind of) to Plant City... that is brutal!

yu shan

nothing compared to driving from gainesville!!!!
    He had trained in other systems, that is why he makes the drive because it is worth the drive to learn good kung fu instead of convenience not to get what you want.

All depends on what Baji is looking for! Not everyone is at your level 18 or probably even wanting to be. I think some folks just want a good workout. Remember ALL the trips we made to O`town to train? I understand why Gainesville dude travels, we have something in common there! `Cept I have to take airplane rides. You do what you have to do, still depends on how serious Baji is.

yushan

You have to take airplane rides to learn also? You sound like me.

When you get to the place that you train do you ever look at the other "advanced" level guys that train with you and wonder if they would have the dedication you do? I bet in many cses the answer would be no.

Sounds like you are an experienced instuctor. You know people are in it for thier own reasons.

Thanks guys! I live in Ohio right now, but I'm looking at going to school in Winter Park... I just wanted to know if there was any decent kungfu in the area. I have no idea how heavy my school workload would be, or how far I'd be able to travel... The closer, the better, but if there's nothing of reasonable quality right there in the city I would defenitely be willing to travel for a high enough quality place(hard to say how often though, not knowing how heavy my workload will be). Just figured I'd ask, because I don't want to be stranded in an area without any decent kungfu If there was no kungfu, I'd just have had to look for a different school
    "Wushu, translated literally, means martial (“wu”) arts (“shu”). When it was first developed, its primary purpose was (and will always be) for survival. Hunting animals , procuring food, fighting against aggressive wildlife, surviving harsh weather conditions, and so forth prompted the birth of this mode of behavior. Alone, wu is just fighting, military-based attack. Combined with “shu,” it transcends one level and becomes an intricate, purposeful skill."

-Jet Li

Baji Brad

Trust me, good kung fu close by. Bust Hua Lin an email, he knows the area well.

All sorts of good things in central Fl, if your if you have a heavy load of school, you are welcome to drop by for work shops and weekend classes at Shang wu farms, about 45 min from Disney also in plant city. Makes a nice get way and the lots of different things will be going on.

sayloc

The men I call KF brothers are dedicated. They are in ways much better than me. But, they would not travel like I do to pursue this passion. I learned along time ago, sometimes in our kung fu life you have to sacrifice. Some b*tch about having to drive across town. If you have a source of information that you desire, do what you have to do. I will say this, I have spent thousands of dollars over the years striving to learn, and will continue to do so.

Baji, you have loads of opportunity, good luck!

Yu Shan
    If no one else understands, I do bro! Both of my teachers live hundreds, one thousands, of miles away. But it is worth it everytime!
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Three Harmonies

I know you understand, and it is well worth the investment isn`t it bro! I`m looking forward to Hu Laoshi`s visit to the US in April... this man deserves recognition. I will not miss out.

I believe Tom Turcotte teaches in Winter Park. Not too far from Rollins College, which is where I'll assume you're looking into.....

He's a good teacher from what I hear.....