Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CASSHERN = Kung Fu & Giant Robots & more?

CASSHERN = Kung Fu & Giant Robots & more?

An alternate world with an alternate history.

The entire planet was divided between two opposing alliances. After fifty years of bitter warfare, the Greater Eastern Federation triumphs over the forces of Europa and gains dominion over the Eurasian continent.

However, this is an empty victory. Years of chemical, biological and nuclear war have poisoned the land and left an exhausted population at the mercy of every pestilence and newly-mutated disease.

It seems that there's little hope for humanity's future. Debate rages over the chances of finding some way to stave off the seemingly-inevitable decline of civilization.

One man comes forward with a possible solution. Dr. Azuma is a geneticist who proposes a "neo-cell" treatment that can rejuvenate the body and regenerate humankind. He's driven in his studies by a desire to save his beloved wife, Midori, from the ravages of pollution-related disease.

He appeals for funding to the government but the politicians in the Health Ministry turn him down, fearing that the new technology will threaten their entrenched powers.

However, a sinister faction in the powerful military makes a secret offer to provide the support he needs to further his research.

When an incident occurs in the lab that sends the Professor's "neo-cell" cloning experiment haywire, a race of mutant human beings (Shinzo Ningen) is unleashed upon the world.

Instead of being the savior of mankind, the Professor's miraculous technology looks set to threaten its very existence...
    Check out the offical site & it's amazing trailer.
    Then go here and see who this movie's about.

That cartoon was the stuff! I'd forgotten about it. I remember there was also an anime movie. That was good stuff. I didn't get all of it, but it was cool nonetheless.

Dayum, that trailer just 'bout made me bust a ***.

Good find.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

i got a copy on dvd. not too much fighting. weird weird story. but decent movie. wouldn't say its that good. the visuals are awesome so arent the sets even though most are blue screened type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I've got it on DVD, too.

It's like watching a REALLY bad anime done live action with spectacular special effects.

The plot is painful. The storytelling is abysmal. The acting is nonexistant. BUT... it is nice to look at.
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

Moi aussi

Yah, I've got it on DVD as well - same opinion as the others here who've got the DVD...

It's a pretty movie that has a weird story telling flow that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to the non-Japanese (tho' I have no idea if it makes sense to Japanese either) and the acting is mediocre, just like the fight scenes.

It's one of the first in a new genre of live anime, I'm sure we'll see MUCH better movies in the future.

it was decent and the acting was there but the plot was hard to follow.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Visual but not engaging?

Sort of like Legned of Zu perhaps? The kind of movie you play in the background of a party with the soundtrack replaced with a house mix?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Re: Visual but not engaging?

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Sort of like Legned of Zu perhaps? The kind of movie you play in the background of a party with the soundtrack replaced with a house mix?
    YES!!! That's it exactly!!! ::grin::

Re: Visual but not engaging?

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Actually, I did exactly that on NYE for my guests (who are huge anime nerds)... except I used IDM instead of house They were suitably entertained.

The scene where he fights the giant robots is by far my favorite (minus the heavy guitar wailing going on) in the movie. I thought the "speed" running effect they did was pretty impressive.
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

I saw the preview for this about a year ago and wondered if it was any good.
    Does anyone know if we can get it here in america?

I picked it up in Chinatown in Calgary, Alberta, in a Chinese DVD shop. I would assume it would also be available in the USA.

-- Chang Style Novice

Yeah, it's available here in the states. A friend of mine got it from some weird, obscure movie rental place in Brooklyn. It might be hard to find, but if you look hard enough, you'll find it eventually. Certainly not at Blockbuster or Hollywood, though.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

stiller66 has it on ebay. he takes a while with stuff but has always delivered for me.

http://stores.ebay.com/Asian-films-D...Q3amesstQQtZkm

search for casshern he has 3 copies.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 01-04-2005 at 01:23 PM.

Stiller66 ripped me off. He sent me burned DVDs of Zu Warriors and Legend of Zu Mountain.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Stiller66 ripped me off. He sent me burned DVDs of Zu Warriors and Legend of Zu Mountain.
    he's always been good to me. although my zatoichi cover did look like ti was printed off a HP...... other then that everything i get form him is good stuff and always works. i dont complain. its what i want. i dont give a rats about special features or stuff.