Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Assorted "fight" video clips

Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
    Savi:

ON PURPOSE means that he did not want to follow up with additional strikes...after making the initial hit...which he could have done...but chose not to do.

So he retreated.

This was politics at work...not necessarily TWC fighting strategy.

After reading all that has been written so far on this thread - why is it hard for you to understand that?

And listen carefully and you will hear William Cheung screaming at Shannon:

"Hey...Hey...Sit down. Sorry...Sorry."

What he was sorry about was the fact that Shannon slapped the monk in the face (on the part of the video wherein the camera didn't catch everything).

In other words...the monk followed Shannon after he backed off and got hit again - this time...taking a slap (an open hand) to the face.

And once again I'm going to spell it all out:

This was supposed to be 4 different sparring matches...between the 4 TWC students of William Cheung who were present...and 4 of the fighting monks.

THAT WAS WHAT WAS AGREED UPON IN ADVANCE.

But when William Cheung and company showed up - the monks ARBITRARILY decided to change everything - and wanted to just make it into a long demo wherein they perform and everybody else just sits and watches.

But when some of the 4 TWC guys started to ask questions in-between different parts of the monks demos...AND GOT NO ANSWERS...

but instead just got the old "you just sit there and watch us experts perform" routine...well...

that's when things took a slightly different turn.

Especially since the 4 TWC guys were also getting dirty looks from the fighting monks FROM THE SECOND THEY ENTERED THE ROOM.

Get the picture now?
    Vic,

You still didn't answer my question.
    Last edited by Savi; 02-04-2005 at 06:15 PM.
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"One thing that should not be overlooked, is that the monk stayed true to human nature (according to Shaolin wisdoms), which is to "occupy space by going forward."

An interesting parallel to this, in Ip Man Ving Tsun the first two principles are:

1. Go to and occupy center
    2. Continuous Forward Energy"

THAT'S NICE, Savi.

But it has nothing to do with the nuances of what happened at this event.

...As for your question - I did answer it...but you don't like what you heard.

That's not my problem.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 02-04-2005 at 06:30 PM.

Cheung should never have let that punk monk slap his man. At the very least he should have challenged him.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Originally posted by Savi
    One thing that should not be overlooked, is that the monk stayed true to human nature (according to Shaolin wisdoms), which is to "occupy space by going forward."

An interesting parallel to this, in Ip Man Ving Tsun the first two principles are:

1. Go to and occupy center
    2. Continuous Forward Energy
    Hi, I've studied from many different WC sifu and even studied other WC lineages outside of Yiop Man WC. The two points you posted are shared by ALL WC. So let me explain again. I'm not sure if it's obviour in the clip. Sifu Moore Sallped the monk in the face even before they went of camera using a lau sau and pak to the face. The slap could be heard by everyone in the room. Once Moore realized that he had hit the monk and heard the "ahhs" from the people ing the room he DECIDED to back off. Please forgive me if I didn't make this point clear. Once again it was "NOT" a TWC principle that was in place there. It was concious decision to avoid and incident. OK, I'm done with the subject. I hope some of you got what I meant.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Originally posted by rogue
    Cheung should never have let that punk monk slap his man. At the very least he should have challenged him.
    Shannon Moore got up there on his own. On the original tape he says to the monk in Chinese that he didn't know that was going to happen. In fact he was angry at Moore as you can hear on the clip. Everything turned out alright after thant and there were no hard feelings.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Originally posted by Phil Redmond
    Once Moore realized that he had hit the monk and heard the "ahhs" from the people ing the room he DECIDED to back off. Please forgive me if I didn't make this point clear. Once again it was "NOT" a TWC principle that was in place there. It was concious decision to avoid and incident. OK, I'm done with the subject. I hope some of you got what I meant.
    PR
    Thank you Redmond Sifu, this clarification is what I was looking for.

Vic, it is not a matter of what I like to read or not. Redmond Sifu clarified the intent behind Moore Sifu's actions and did a fine job at it.

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Does anyone know exactly who that monk is?

Can anyone get that TKD vs Monk footage working here??

Thanks
    Last edited by LC-NYC; 02-04-2005 at 10:30 PM.
    No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it.

Yes, the bigger guy got in a "touch" to the body and face. Yes, he was off balance for a second there. Yes, the monk chased him back and "took his space" from him.

Does any of that mean anything of any significance on who could have done what to whom if it was for real in that little slappy slap contest? No more than a karate point tourney shows who the better fighter is.

Question

Is what Moore Sifu did in that footage representative of TWC?

You're trolling now, Savi.

Cut it out.

Vic, I would appreciate it if you would stop making assumptions about me or my intentions. I am seriously asking if what Moore Sifu demonstrated in that footage was representative of TWC.

If you don't want to answer, fine. It's a simple yes or no question. That's it.

Originally posted by Savi
    Vic, I would appreciate it if you would stop making assumptions about me or my intentions. I am seriously asking if what Moore Sifu demonstrated in that footage was representative of TWC.

If you don't want to answer, fine. It's a simple yes or no question. That's it.
    I certainly hope not, and IMO the clip wasn't in any way a representation of TWC, but since most of the TWC guys think I no squat about what they do (since Cheung has only decided to reveal the true TWC since we left the organization 10 yrs ago, lol) then feel free to ignore this post.

James

Originally posted by Phil Redmond
    Shannon Moore got up there on his own. On the original tape he says to the monk in Chinese that he didn't know that was going to happen. In fact he was angry at Moore as you can hear on the clip. Everything turned out alright after thant and there were no hard feelings.
    PR
    Maybe the monk should work on his serenity more. He got hit with a half ass shot and lost it. Moore should have knocked him down.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

"It's a simple yes or no question. That's it."

NO...that's not it.

You're trolling.

You have been told numerous times on this thread already exactly what Shannon was doing and why.

What is your problem?

Why do you insult my intelligence by trying to make believe that your question hasn't been answered?

Do you really think that you're going to gain or prove something by all of this?

Other than to expose your own trolling tendencies?

I really don't think so.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 02-04-2005 at 09:40 PM.

Thumbs down Get a clue, Man! Chill!

This place hasn't changed one bit. Even a simple question becomes obscured and met with ego.

Believe what you will Vic. I'm not interested in discussing TWC anymore.

I hope in the future that the atmosphere on this forum grows towards a better environment. People like Kathy Jo and Levi are excellent examples of courtesy and respectability.

I'm outta this thread.