Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me - prepare to MT - what cana do?

help me - prepare to MT - what cana do?

ok you btiches, i intend to go train MT this year
    right now im at my parents on vacation, so i cant

so im at a house... and i wanted to do stuff to prepare me-self physically for training so when i get there im not so bad shape right right?
    right right, so here is the list of equipament i have here at parents to workutout:

1) trendmill (works for walking, doubt can resist me weight for running)
    2) floor
    3) walls
    4) sofa

So i was wondering, anyone can help me and say stuff i could do to better shape? And how much / how often

What do you guys think of rope skipping? Is it part of MT training btw? I dont have a rope and i dont know how to rope skip (i really dont, i can go 1... 2... 3... fail...)

Anyone trains MT? What should i be expecting physically?

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

go to the store and buy a rope...... do body weight exercise in between rounds............ go outside and do sprint.... lift weights..... it's a bunch you can do in the meantime... be creative...... expect to be tired... ALOT
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

3 to 5 times a week, you should do the following as best as you can (feel free to switch the order):

If you can't find a rope, cut a garden hose- if you step in the center each end should extend up to your armpit.
    If you can't do that, try Jumping jacks.
    You should do jump rope or jumping jacks for 3 rounds of 2 minutes.

Squat (50 or so)
    Jumping squat (20 or so)
    Lunges (50 or so)
    Jumping Lunge (20 or so)
    Duck walk (between 10 and 30 meters)
    Frog Jumps (20 or so)
    Push ups (20 or so)
    Squat Thrusts aka burpees (10 to 20)
    crunches (50 or so)
    leg lifts (50 or so)
    bicycles (for 1 minute)

Work on bridging with your head (look up wrestler's bridge to see what I mean).

2 or 3 days a week do interval/cardio training:
    Get a stop watch; and for 10 to 20 minutes repeat the following:

Sprint 2 minutes, light jog (or walk) 1 minute

BTW- is that African or Indigenous?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Just to add, in addition to sprints, run backwards in between sprints, it'll add to the speed and power in your legs.

And emphasis is on running and jump roping... you need LOTS of cardio/stamina...

EDIT: oh and if you can't take a hit, then work on your core a lot - same excercises as above, just focus on your core in addition to the cardio.

Practice toughening up your shins and get in good cardio shape.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Thumbs up

hey guys, thanks guys

suntzu and FngSaiYuk,
    the rope i might try, but first ill have to find wehre on this god-em town i find those for sale... i dont think they have a gym stuff store
    they have precisely 2 gyms in town, i not sure if i wanna go cos my doubt is how much im gon be here.... so i was thinking of trying stuff at home
    for the sprinting/running i also dont know where the hell id do that... i dont know of any track around and i dont think go running crazy on the street dodging people on the sidewalk... (im shy)
    not worrying about taking hits... i consider that the fun part and the less tiring part also, the problem is when it gets to the hitting part one (read "me") willl/might be already tired from the lots of stuff done before.
    Still, do you guys think just walking the trendmill will be of use?

Bmore,
    man... ill try the jacks... but 3 rounds of 2 mins... son... jacks are my weakness... ill post back if i come back alive
    Im looking at the other stuff you said (i did some of it today), my worries is with the jumping lunge (aint it gonna **** my knees to space?) and the frog jumps (same thing).
    Also ive no idea what burpees, leg lifts and bicycles are (or is it just ridding a bike?). Same thing with bridging (we dont have much wrestling here).
    As for the interval, i gots the same problem as the sprinting stuff... hmm...

and BTW - AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! (explodes)

Fisto,
    Any ideas where/how should i contion my shins? me gots no pads in here... nor... trees...

But anyway i did a preview of a few things today and tomorrow i start my own ANNOYING BLOG (ill call it "flog") wich will also include food information and weight in the future.
    Last edited by MoreMisfortune; 01-06-2005 at 07:37 PM.

Okay, first the exercises:

Squat thrust/burpees:
    http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-w/uscga/ser...quatthrust.htm

bicycles (weird site, but at least she's hot):
    http://www.hydroxycut.com/WOMEN/WORK..._glutes5.shtml

leg lifts (example shows bent knees, can also do it straight legged):
    http://www.dcdoctor.com/pages/rightp..._leglifts.html

bridge (the picture on the left, ain't gotta use weights):
    http://www.americanpowerliftevolutio...LiftsPage.html

As far as the leg exercises go- just do squats until you're confident in your leg strength before you try to add any jumps.

For the running & sprinting- just run in place, you don't need a track, the heartrate, not the distance, is what's important.

Try to do as many of those exercises as you can nonstop.
    You want to keep your heart rate up.

For conditioning your shins:
    Kun Khao Charuad (sp?) aka Kru Brooks Miller of one spirit martial arts recommends only kicking a heavybag for shin conditioning. Many other Thai kickboxers I've met on and offline recommend the same thing. No need to do any crazy conditioning stuff; just wait till you get a heavybag and kick the lower part of it.

good luck
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Good luck, xebs.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Originally posted by BMore Banga
    bicycles (weird site, but at least she's hot):
    http://www.hydroxycut.com/WOMEN/WORK..._glutes5.shtml
    heh, couldn't help but check out the form of the chix on that site for ALL the excercises... ::grin::

So what's happened Xebs? You spudded out already?!

BTW I've heard carrying coconuts is good exercise... you can tie them between your dorsal feathers.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

shyt son, me mom got some xmas stuff from her workplace (lotsa chocolate) and i cant train until i finish that
    its almost done

Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
    shyt son, me mom got some xmas stuff from her workplace (lotsa chocolate) and i cant train until i finish that
    its almost done
    Oh man, u're gonna hurt if you don't train some beforehand... I just got up after my MT session after not training for almost 2 weeks 'cuz of the holidays and man am I SORE!

The cardio is really important for all the punching, kicking, kneeing and clinching, but gotta emphasize keeping the core and lat muscles solid for absorbing all same tossed back at ya.

Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
    its almost done
    Hahaha...

[Alec Guinness voice] Use the chocolate, Luke, use the chocolate!!![/end]

Actually dunno if it's true but I heard somewhere that refined sugar products, although simple carbs, produce very very inflexible muscle fibres, so it really buggers up stretching...

Good luck with the training geez!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

MoreMisfortune = xebs? No way! I didn't know that.

Rock on, buddy. Fvcking awesome heavy metal helps you prepare for MT, too.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by IronFist
    MoreMisfortune = xebs? No way! I didn't know that.
    Slowest catch-on ever! Xebs and Volcano retired and were replaced by MM months ago.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo