Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Prediction: Nuclear War for 05.

uh, pretty much every religion can easily be misconstrued as war based.

be it the religious holidays of the jews celebrating war victory, the templars of christianity, the sarasins and moorish raids of islam, the conflicts of the mahabarata, the khmers, etc etc.

Christianity certainly has it's share of "war" in it's history etc etc.
    I use christianity because we supposedly live in Christian countries...at least if your in the westerm hemisphere you do and if you don't think so, well think again.

anyway, what is happening in the world is a fundamental change of the entire structure of humanity and how it functions. teh new world order is a struggle that has an aim of at first controlling the globe, then getting a handle on war, then getting a handle on people and resources and then moving towards harmony.

people are fundamentally resistant to this change and tehre is gonna be backlash from every single centre because they aren't the architects of teh overall plan.

What many people don't realize is that each and every nation has a hand in.

does the individual have say? Not really, but if a world of shared diversity, no war, no poverty, and better control over disease is the result in 1 or 2 hundred years, then I am all for it.

yes there will be people who will use the situation to fill their pockets and yes, some "conspiracies" are real in the push towards founding this new world order. But these are in teh human nature, as it is in our nature to survive.

If we can collectively get a handle on ourselves, that is on;y going to be a good thing.

people are far too resistant to change.

How many of you have children? how many of you regulate almost every aspect of their lives and watch over them to ensure that they will eventually be able to make the correct decisions in their lives?

How many of you have been greedy? Broken the laws of your land? done immoral things? what if this can all be ended through the path that is started at the beginning of the 20th century? Would you kick in a follow the plan or would you rather be outside this new evolution of society?

food for thought
    Kung Fu is good for you.

and hop gar, i fail to see how you are more enlightened than anyone else here.

we all don't really know jack outside what our media tells us.

even people in country only have a relatively small sphere of influence.

but thanks for the personal attack on me anyway spitwad.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

How about the fact that I don't rely on the AP and CNN for news? I tend to read Al-Jezeera and Israeli (re: Arutz Sheva and Jerusalem Post) news to find out what's going on. Oh, yeah, then there's that little bit that I'm an Israeli.......
    Zvika

true that people who have never actually been to Israel tend to not have an accurate feel for the situation on the ground.

)...Isn't this a kung fu forum and not a place to discuss conspiracry theories which blame Israel and America for all the world's problems?
    HopGar-

Speculation is OK, conspiracy, I agree, is not.

As for not blaming Israel or America, I also agree.

MST has the gist of it, IMHO.

anyway, what is happening in the world is a fundamental change of the entire structure of humanity and how it functions. teh new world order is a struggle that has an aim of at first controlling the globe, then getting a handle on war, then getting a handle on people and resources and then moving towards harmony.
    This is a bone-chilling sentence.
    Last edited by ZIM; 01-09-2005 at 03:56 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Originally posted by ZIM
    This is a bone-chilling sentence.
    In both senses of the word?

Originally posted by Christopher M
    In both senses of the word?
    Hadn't thought of it that way.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

right so being an israeli makes you more knowing about everything?

whatever dude.

your as in the dark as teh rest of us and I mean everyone here.

as much as we'd like to think we know something because we can read or listen or look, we don't actually know much more than what is presented to us.

at which point we make a choice of teh opinions and seek to develop our own. In the meantime, we are all basing our opinions not on real truths but on a combination of some facts and mostly opinions.

in fact, even facts are presented with quite a lot of emotional attachment these days.

who here really knows what if any plan there is?

apparently none of us. But I agree that talking Iraqi politics, Israeli politics etc etc is hardly appropriate in a kungfu forum. But people keep bringing it up and it keeps staying here.

If I was still modding here this **** would be deleted in the extreme short term.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

also, what exactly is the difference between conspiracy and speculation zim in context to any of these bull **** threads?

and hop gar, what's the difference between cnn and al jazeera?

same animal, different sides of the fence really.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

need a blanky ZIM?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

im thinking that would be perspective in both cases Kung Lek.

A couple of points and then I'm going to attempt to ignore this thread unless someone posts something really inflammatory:

1) "be it the religious holidays of the jews celebrating war victory"
    I've never heard of a jewish religious holiday celebrating victory in war. This coming from an Orthodox jew, that's just a mistake; I'll just guess that this is out of ignorance.

2) And yes, being that I am Israeli, I have a much better idea of the facts on the ground in that country than you do. Have you lived there? I will guess not. All one has to do is visit and suddenly it makes sense why the Israeli army and security establishments follow those procedures. Ghettos? Nazi treatment? I think not, although I do admit that there are those people like in any country that hate a group and make their lives miserable on purpose (in this case, it's usually because Israelis for the most part all know each other or are within 6 degrees of each other and it kinda makes them mad when their friends and family get killed or hurt.) In general, the media loves to generate stories based on wild fantasies like these.

3) Ok, I picked a bad example, especially since world media has this tendency to embrace the "underdog" and villify the "oppressor" (in this case, I hardly consider Israel an oppressor.)

4) Al J gives a pretty good picture of what is happening in the Arab world, even if it "moderate." CNN is mostly inflammatory crap when it comes to international news, presenting one side of the picture - usually what the journalist thinks and wants everyone else to buy into. CNN is a bit better in local news, but not by much.

I agree this thread should be erased.

That's all for now

peace
    Zvika

everything is about perception and perspective.

my reality states that not one person here, including yours truly actually has a big picture idea of what's going on. Not one. It's all just a bunch of ****. This thread an all like it should be immediately deleted upon discovery by a mod or an admin.

I have no idea why they keep this stuff here, it doesn zip, zero nada for community and everyone is talking out their ass for the most part.

this joint needs some cleaning up and some refocusing on the goodness that is kungfu instead of listening to dumb ass pro bush diatribes or getting lost in a quagmire of poli-sci references or a bunch of posturing idiots who think they know something cause they live close to where an event took place.

ridiculous. But whatever, I'll play as long as teh sandbox is here I guess. It's not like there's much to do here other than this these days.

c'mon boys, get tough and get this drivel outta here!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I've never heard of a jewish religious holiday celebrating victory in war.
    I don't know if you're just stupid or a liar now.

what the hell do you think Chanuka is?
    A little something about the victorious Macabees. Yeesh

dude, just stfu already.

and for your personal reference oh orthodox jew:

Ha·nuk·kah or Ha·nu·kah also Cha·nu·kah ( P ) Pronunciation Key (än-k, hä-)
    n. Judaism
    An eight-day festival beginning on the 25th day of Kislev, commemorating the victory in 165 B.C. of the Maccabees over Antiochus Epiphanes (c. 215-164 B.C.) and the rededication of the Temple at Jerusalem. Also called Feast of Dedication, Feast of Lights.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

um, actually, that's hardly a religious holiday. More similar to israel independence day. Relgious holidays are those in the bible. Nice try, no cigar
    Zvika