Thread: Weird Meditation Experience

Weird Meditation Experience

Just wanted to share this and see if anyone has any similar experiences:

I was meditating last night before I went to sleep. Just laying in my bed relaxing my whole body.
    Next thing I know i'm in a dream. I knew that i was dreaming too.
    It was the weirdest feeling; i was awake and dreaming at the same time. I was seeing stuff in my dream, but I'd occasionally come out of it and see my room and my body at the same time my dream was taking place (don't know how to explain).

Never had that happen before. I haven't meditated in forever but it was a totally awesome experience. The dream was so real

Some of what you describe can come under the heading of Lucid Dreaming. The state of being aware of the self dreaming. Whether the rest, a form of dissociation which I've heard of before, is connected with that, I don't know. Might be worth looking into.

Cody
    "The truth is more important than the facts." (Frank Lloyd Wright)
    "The weight of the sun doesn't keep it from rising." (Cody)

There are many types of meditations.

2 main types:

1. Qi gong related. You quiet your mind. No thoughts, no emotions and no memories. And yes no dreamings or ideas at all.

You focus on heartbeats and your breathing. You focus on Dan Tian and Ren Du Er Mai. You sense your Qi upto Bai Hui and down to Hui Yin. You feel the air around your body. You focus or sense your Qi to your limbs and back.

In short, you focus on different parts of your body and just sense the air or wind around you. You place your mind into your body sensory function. No thoughts or no cognition.

2. Cognition. Your mind clear. Your body relaxed, You are ready to meditate about one question or a thought at a time. Again no dreamings or wandering thoughts.

Practice to have one point mind or single pointed mind.

What is wind? What is love? etc.

What is I?

Wind is something my body feels. How does it feel? How do I know wind? Do not say wind is a movement or a flow of air.

What is air? It is something I breathe in and yet I do not see.

Again do not say air is O2 + NO2.

What is a dream? What is a thought?

A thought is aroused or stirred by my emotions or an observation.

Do not say a thought is something I read or I heard somebody said so and so.

And yes, start to relearn your congition from your experiences and knowing. And not from reading, hearsay or schooling.

A dream is a collection of thoughts stirred up by emotions.

An emotion is a reaction to the outside world based upon your perceptions or previous experiences of the same things.

What is meditation?

Last edited by SPJ; 01-10-2005 at 08:12 PM.

If you are dreaming and emotionally driven, you are not meditating.

with continued practice all that crap will go away.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Textbook example of an out of body experience. One of the gateways to an OBE is lucid dreaming, which is dreaming with consciousness. Lucid Dream is scientifically proven, and I learned to do it will I recommend "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge.. The CIA did several experiments with OBE's but Read some books by Robert Bruce if you want to prefect it.